RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Power steering high pressure line

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-24, 08:26 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 964 Likes on 769 Posts

Originally Posted by MLKESQ
All I know is it was certified pre-owned when he bought it, but the Lexus maintenance history I have found plus what was in the glove box does not show it ever having been done. I'll have to have a shop do that work for me as it's probably beyond what I want to attempt in the driveway with jack stands etc
You probably already know this but you can call Lexus and they will tell you over the phone if it's in their system for the service being done or not, if they went to the dealer.

They did it for me, answer was a big fat NO. Haha

It was a few years ago and I think they quoted me something like $1100 for timing belt and water pump service.
Old 05-22-24, 09:00 PM
MLKESQ
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I did the online service record from Lexus from the link on this site and it's not listed. An independent shop could have done it but I doubt it. There was a lot of deferred maintenance in the record though and I've been working through much of that. Rear pads and rotors. Bolts rusted in per usual; ended up getting replacement brackets because the caliper pin bore was so pitted. Front sway bar links. Front struts. Rears still needed. Left motor mount was almost non existent. Right side is better but reaching end of life. Control arms and bushings are on the list to get done too. Tires had belts showing, including the spare from toe misalignment . Front bumper fascia was half gone from an accident with a stop sign he didn't remember that should have ripped off the transmission cooler but didn't; but it was bent to hell and needed replacement. Left front fender bent beyond repair, liner non-existent too. New headlights because the mounting brackets were snapped from the accident, right fog light--gone. He did have paper work showing new wheel bearings, right front caliper, and oil changes though.... It's definitely been a work in progress. Now that winter is over the steering issues are just the next things on the list. High pressure line is seeping/dripping and the rack seals are done for since the bellows are shot. Lucas isn't slowing it down anymore. It did for about 6 months but it isn't now.