RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Input shaft turbine

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-24 | 10:43 AM
ammadshaukat
1st Gear

Default Input shaft turbine

Hi,
I have Lexus Rx 350 2008. Its showing CEL, that's appearing and disappearing on its own for few days. check engine light appears usually in first couple of minutes of driving at low gears with a small jerk in shifting and once light appears, car drives normally without any issues with shifting. Light also disappears on its own and then next days appears again repeating same cycle. I checked with OBD2 multiple times and its shows me only a "pending code" P0717 (Input/Turbine Shaft speed sensor "A" Circuit (No signal). I am really confused what could be the possible reason. Is it a urgent issue that needs to be addressed? Mechanic asking a lot of bucks just to detect the issue. Kindly help. Thanks.
Old 08-23-24 | 12:15 PM
maxSteel
Instructor

Originally Posted by ammadshaukat
Hi,
I have Lexus Rx 350 2008. Its showing CEL, that's appearing and disappearing on its own for few days. check engine light appears usually in first couple of minutes of driving at low gears with a small jerk in shifting and once light appears, car drives normally without any issues with shifting. Light also disappears on its own and then next days appears again repeating same cycle. I checked with OBD2 multiple times and its shows me only a "pending code" P0717 (Input/Turbine Shaft speed sensor "A" Circuit (No signal). I am really confused what could be the possible reason. Is it a urgent issue that needs to be addressed? Mechanic asking a lot of bucks just to detect the issue. Kindly help. Thanks.
Welcome to Club Lexus. You should post this in the 2008 RX350 forum. It may be that your speed sensor or the connection is failing or dirty and intermittently triggering the code.