RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models
View Poll Results: What are you paying for an RX 330 oil change?
$20-$30
27.62%
$31-$40
19.34%
$41-$50
11.05%
$51-$60
8.84%
$61+
29.83%
Free to $19
3.31%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Oil change cost on RX 330

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-06, 08:35 AM
sslexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus National Service History (NSH)

RXDRIVER is incorrect regarding the Lexus National Service History database. If a Lexus owner brings a Lexus vehicle to any of the 220-or-so Lexus dealerships for any service work of any kind, that is captured in a database that ANY Lexus dealer can access. He is correct about Toyota dealers: they can only retrieve Service history on a Toyota that they have done the service work to. Last year someone was selling Bill Gate's original LS400 on eBay. From the VIN I was able to look at everything that had ever been done to the car by the Lexus dealer in Seattle. After the car had been donated to a charitable organization and subsequently sold (it ended up in PA I think), the Lexus Service history stopped. As a consumer, I feel better about buying a used Lexus (Certified or not) that has had virtually every single bulb and plastic cover replaced at a Lexus dealership as opposed to a notebook (no offense).
Old 06-13-06, 08:15 AM
Frankr66
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jngjng
Just had an oil change done at the Lexus dealer on Saturday. $39.
im supposed to go in every 5k miles for the $175 service, so if you are just changing the oil then you are not going by the required service schedule?
Old 06-14-06, 02:49 PM
M_Murrell
Driver School Candidate

I fully understand why a lot of people do not perform their own maint. tasks and choose to have a repair shop do it - dealership or independent.

If you do not do it yourself, then at least check the oil level shortly after leaving the dealership. You will not likely see it all the way to full if you check it a block or two after pulling out, but you'll get an idea where it is and know if it's way under and in many cases, way over. Your best bet is to do a 2nd check the following morning on a level surface after it's had a chance to settle overnight.

It would scarce people if they knew just how often repair techs over/underfill cars. The overfill situation occurs a lot in places that use automated refill equipment.

I know some of you believe that because you bought a Lexus and are paying much more for service that you're getting better service. If you are, you are VERY lucky. Techs come and go. One day you get a good one; the next day you don't.
Old 06-23-06, 06:25 AM
jfelbab

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

A nearby Lexus dealer always e-mails me these service coupons. Most Lexus dealers I've had my vehicle serviced at have honored the coupons. YMMV.

http://image.global-profiles.com/users/resnick/WoodfieldLexus_June06$Coupons.html
Old 07-01-06, 06:08 PM
flash14
Rookie

Toyota Dealer, 6 miles away, Lexus Dealer.......45 miles..... After the 3 year warranty ran out, Toyota oil changes, with synthetic, 63.00, the oil is 5.50 a quart
Old 07-13-06, 08:44 AM
dandg
Driver

The first one was free, I took it in for second one as wife raved about how nice they where.
Oil change with Mobil 1,tire rotation and wash $175.00 ! Ouch! That was the last time they got me.
I buy the filters/washer from Toyota parts dept delived to friends transmission shop,bring my own Mobli 1 and his guy changes it under my watchfull eye and rotates tires,NC for labor.

She had some problems with brakes after booster was replaced under warranty and just had in they wanted 425 for change front pads and resuface rotors.I called toyota and the will do it for 176 while I wait but wanted me to buy pads/shims from Lexus (cost 113.00)Savings of $125 and done at Toyota dealer (even the service writer was shocked at the 425 est)
Also suggested tires at 975 ,just ordered them from Sams and will be installed for 755.

I dont mind paying a "bit" more for loaner and fancy showroom but the mark up is way to high,can't see how they can keep the pays full of non warranty work.
Old 07-13-06, 12:57 PM
jfelbab

Originally Posted by dandg
The first one was free, I took it in for second one as wife raved about how nice they where.
Oil change with Mobil 1,tire rotation and wash $175.00 ! Ouch! That was the last time they got me.
I buy the filters/washer from Toyota parts dept delived to friends transmission shop,bring my own Mobli 1 and his guy changes it under my watchfull eye and rotates tires,NC for labor.

She had some problems with brakes after booster was replaced under warranty and just had in they wanted 425 for change front pads and resuface rotors.I called toyota and the will do it for 176 while I wait but wanted me to buy pads/shims from Lexus (cost 113.00)Savings of $125 and done at Toyota dealer (even the service writer was shocked at the 425 est)
Also suggested tires at 975 ,just ordered them from Sams and will be installed for 755.

I dont mind paying a "bit" more for loaner and fancy showroom but the mark up is way to high,can't see how they can keep the pays full of non warranty work.
I'd be looking for another Lexus dealer.

Check out these service coupons from Resnik Lexus in the western Chicago suburbs.

Oil change for $37.50 with Lexus OEM filter.
Front brake pads and resurface rotors. Repack bearings and replace seals for $279.95.

My local Lexus dealer honors these coupons.
Old 07-13-06, 04:07 PM
dandg
Driver

Thanks for comparison, I have suspected they are just trying to take advantage of a captive market.In NH there is a grand total of 1 dealer,it has changed hands once since I bought mine (which I did on line from a dealer in Mass and saved 2750 over the best "no haggle" price of the former dealer).

Only thingis there is no OEM Lexus oil filter they are made by Toyota and same as ones on the Highlander.
Old 07-13-06, 05:11 PM
jfelbab

Originally Posted by dandg
Thanks for comparison, I have suspected they are just trying to take advantage of a captive market.In NH there is a grand total of 1 dealer,it has changed hands once since I bought mine (which I did on line from a dealer in Mass and saved 2750 over the best "no haggle" price of the former dealer).

Only thingis there is no OEM Lexus oil filter they are made by Toyota and same as ones on the Highlander.
The actual coupon states "Genuine factory Oil Filter". They are made by Toyota.

Here is the link to the service coupons. Perhaps your dealer will honor them like mine does.

http://image.global-profiles.com/users/resnick/WoodfieldLexus_July06$Coupons.html
Old 08-09-06, 09:13 AM
Dinomon
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just had an oil/filter change done at the Lexus dealer for $42. They also washed my RX & gave me loaner for a full day.
Old 08-24-07, 12:20 PM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Filter plus Gasket: $5
Oil: $15
Sweat: $0

Total $20
Old 08-24-07, 03:43 PM
andreys
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Mobil 1 oil filter = $9.95 at Wal-Mart
Mobil 1 full synthetic oil = $24.95 at Costco

Good for up to 10,000 mile or a year (whichever comes first), and done right. So yeah, I do it myself
Old 08-27-07, 10:31 AM
hyiu
Driver School Candidate

well... I'm located in Bklyn, NY. I have a 06 RX 330. first oil change is free. inspection is like $15 or something (really cheap..) free car wash too !!

but oil change is crazy... 10K service (they don't call it oil change...) is like $175... 15K service is $397.... (also checked the dealer in Long Island... similar price...)

I ended up buying all the needed parts from the parts dept, and then went to a toyota mechanics and he did it for me... I gave him $50 for labor (which I think is a fair price....) he did everything... and is very detail in his job...

with the oil, wipers, some valve, 3 filters,.... etc... I think I spend a little more than $100 in parts... so, about $180 total...
Old 08-27-07, 10:58 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Lextranny
I get it from my local Toyota dealership.
What do you ask for? Do you tell them that it's for a Lexus RX? Or do you just say it's for a 200X 3.3L V6?

Old 09-01-07, 08:23 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Alright, I just had my oil changed from dino to synthetic (Pennzoil Platinum, 5w-30). I had it done at JiffyLube for $67 (US). This included the filter and the oil.

I was going to do it myself, but didn't have the time. I plan on doing it next time.

I also had a $60 rebate from Pennzoil toward an oil change with their synthetic, so in effect, it cost me only $7. :-)

Quick Reply: Oil change cost on RX 330