RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models
View Poll Results: Are you experiencing the RX330 "dash rattle"
Yes - All the time
22.29%
Yes - Intermittent
43.95%
No
33.76%
Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

RX330 - Dash Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-06, 08:59 PM
HarrierAWD
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not to hijack the thread, but my 2002 RX300 never had dash rattles. My sympathies to those RX330 owners who are affected by this. My old GM car had dash rattles. It sure drove me nuts so I know how you feel.
Old 04-13-06, 11:24 AM
shikbas
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I took my rx330 for the fourth time to the dealer to fix wide spred rattles,they had the car overnight with tech drove it home in cold weather.they couldnot duplicate,just drove the car myself leaving the dealership and all the musical were there.What to do now please.
Old 04-13-06, 11:36 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

next time you hear it and you are nearby the dealer, just stop by and insist on a tech to ride with you to demonstrate and document the problem. that way they can't give you the "could not duplicate" response.

i know how frustrating it is. i had an A/C chirping noise that they could never duplicate, so last time i went i left the car running and told the check-in guy to leave it running b/c i wanted a tech to come out to hear it. (sometimes if you let it sit it will not chirp right away, it takes a few minutes)

or, if the dealer is really bad, just try another one. there is one dealer near me where i take the SC and i can't stand them any longer. they do the "could not duplicate" every time and i am not going to use them any longer.
Old 06-10-06, 10:12 PM
Nostics_RX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My RX330 CPO had some squeeking coming from the dash, but I could not pinpoint the exact location. It became very noticeable during our trip to Sea World SA from Dallas. Roads in SA are not in good shape, and there were tons of road construction going on. Somehow our RX developed an annoying rattling/squeeking coming from the dash. It was loud and often enough to bother me and my wife.

There were cosmetic items Sewell Lexus still had to correct on our RX, but they did not have the parts at the time of delivery. I received a call a day after I returned from SA, and I mentioned the squeeking to my Salesperson. I was given an 05 RX as a loaner. I noticed the cabin was very quiet w/ occassional squeek on hard bumps or potholes, but not enough to bother me. They kept our RX for 5 nights including Sunday. When I got my RX back, everything was fixed including the dash squeeks. It's now as quiet as the loaner I was given. I even went grocery shopping in the middle of the night just so I can have the road to my self and listen for any cabin noise. We're very happy customer so far. Sewell Lexus is a superb dealership. If you're in a market for a Lexus in Dallas area, do not forget to check out Sewell Lexus.

I know some people had their squeeks/rattles fixed, only to have 'em back weeks later. I'll report back if it ever returns or develop any new annoying noise. Thanks.
Old 10-24-06, 01:40 PM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

Like the Calif. Gov. would say " I'll be back"

I have had it in 3 times & it always returns.
Old 11-13-06, 07:35 AM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

LIKE I SAID- ITS BACK BABY

For the 3rd straight year its back. The aveage temps are in the low 30's now and the clunking is back. Guess its time to go to florida for the winter.
Old 02-25-07, 10:41 PM
Lextranny
Lead Lap

Any feedback to those that have fixed the dashboard rattling? Do you still hear any rattling after having the dealership fixed?

My 2005 RX330 is in the shop right now, having the entire front dashboard replaced. Any input? Would I be hearing more rattling afterwords?

Thanks!
Old 02-26-07, 06:02 AM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

Dealer worked on it 3 times. It still is bad when it is below 30 degrees outside. Hope u do better. Keep us informed. Guess that is why we spend 3 months in Florida every year.
Old 02-26-07, 10:36 AM
Lextranny
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by xfirechief
Dealer worked on it 3 times. It still is bad when it is below 30 degrees outside. Hope u do better. Keep us informed. Guess that is why we spend 3 months in Florida every year.
Did your dealership replaced the entire dashboard? or did they just added extra padding?
Old 02-26-07, 11:16 AM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

Default Dash

Originally Posted by Lextranny
Did your dealership replaced the entire dashboard? or did they just added extra padding?
They only worked on adding extra padding. Now that it is out of warranty I'll bet they won't do anything.
BUT, we did purchase the extended warranty so maybe I should push the issue when we get back north in late March.
Old 02-26-07, 12:35 PM
Lextranny
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by xfirechief
They only worked on adding extra padding. Now that it is out of warranty I'll bet they won't do anything.
BUT, we did purchase the extended warranty so maybe I should push the issue when we get back north in late March.
Well, i'm getting my whole dash replaced. Hopefully, all the rattling goes away!
Old 02-26-07, 12:41 PM
steiner
Driver

Originally Posted by Lextranny
Any feedback to those that have fixed the dashboard rattling? Do you still hear any rattling after having the dealership fixed?

My 2005 RX330 is in the shop right now, having the entire front dashboard replaced. Any input? Would I be hearing more rattling afterwords?

Thanks!
My brand new RX350 rattled everytime I hit a pothole on the road. I could have sworn it came from under the passenger seat. I took it in and the tech pin pointed it came from the overhead console (where the map lights and sun glasses holder was). He took it apart, add some more padding and the noise was gone. So far so good after 500 miles.
Old 02-26-07, 10:32 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where else do you guys hear rattles? i was talking to my mechanic today and he said that there are other areas? i dont hear any in my car but just in case it starts doing that....
Old 02-28-07, 09:29 AM
Lextranny
Lead Lap

Got my car back yesterday. So far....no more rattles! Knock on wood...
Old 03-06-07, 09:16 PM
userdmx
Driver School Candidate

Default dash rattle

I had the TSB done for the fiancee and nothing since from the dash. Here are the remaining noises:

Some weird noise sounds like styrofoam squeaking from rear/rear seat-VERY ANNOYING

clunk when put into reverse

driver door arm rest sqeaks

Quick Reply: RX330 - Dash Rattle