RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

performance package no longer available?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-04, 05:02 PM
nyca
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default performance package no longer available?

went to visit the new Lexus dealer, Lexus of Rockville Center on long island. Salesman told me the performance package is no longer available, he had a big X through it in his book. I asked him how/if you could get the adaptive headlights anymore, he didn't know.

anyone know anything?
Old 03-13-04, 05:29 PM
markpaco
Rookie

I just went to Lexus today and saw 2 RX330s (1 of which I drove) with the Performance Packages. You salesman was wrong. Additionally, Lexus is currently advertising the adaptive lighting system on television.

Last edited by markpaco; 03-13-04 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-13-04, 05:48 PM
nyca
Driver School Candidate

i mentioned exactly that to him. but he showed me his book, no perf package (this was on incoming RXs) available.
Old 03-15-04, 07:28 AM
cmstahl
Rookie

I would call around to a couple of other dealers near you. Ask a sales guy directly whether he has any info on it, and if he asks why, tell him that you're looking for a particular color/option combination, but the first dealer you went to couldn't locate one on any other dealers' lots. When you asked if one could be ordered, that's what he told you.

Perhaps they're trying to push whatever vehicles they have on the lot, and so are trying to discourage folks from placing factory orders (the '04s came out about this time last year, don't know when delivery dates for the '05s would be, but if they're coming out soon, I'd assume they'd want to get rid of as many '04s as possible).

It could also be an allocation issue. When I was looking for my RX, one dealer actually showed me an allocation sheet showing how many cars of a particular color were being distributed. I don't recall whether it applied to only the one dealership, or if it was broken out by region of the country, and how detailed the breakout was (i.e., if it showed the exact options on each vehicle), but they were able to look at the allocation breakout to see how difficult it would be to locate a particular car. Perhaps if the performance package isn't selling well around your area, Lexus might have decided not to allocate any cars with that option.

Just a couple of possible explanations.

Last edited by cmstahl; 03-15-04 at 07:35 AM.
Old 03-15-04, 06:54 PM
nyca
Driver School Candidate

to be honest, the ability to get the adaptive headlights outside the package appeals to me.
Old 03-16-04, 05:16 AM
cmstahl
Rookie

I agree with you completely. At the time I was looking, I inquired whether it was possible to get the Levinson audio without having to get the entire package it came in (Navigation, I think). I wasn't particularly interested in the Navigation system, but I would really have preferred to have the high-end audio. The adaptive headlights would have been cool to get too. Unfortunately, the options are all bundled.
Old 03-17-04, 09:47 AM
uhohitzmik
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by nyca
to be honest, the ability to get the adaptive headlights outside the package appeals to me.
i live in nyc and listen to me bud, dont waste your time with these long island dealers. you want great service and amazing prices?? go to ray catena lexus in jersey. its about an hour away but they stock sooo many cars and the prices are great. we just picked up our rx330 with premium plus and navi on saturday. we got the car for less than 600 a month and thats with no money down, and everything included in the monthly payments including taxes. i know its an an hour drive but dont waste your time and money over in long island at places like massapequa, smithtown, or rockville centre. we went to those places they were giving terrible prices and terrible service. if you want ask for bill barton when you go there. great guy!!

Mike
Old 03-17-04, 05:17 PM
nyca
Driver School Candidate

well, this new dealer is very large (not like Massapequa, which frankly should close down), and its only been open for one week, so I have to give them a chance at least before going all the way to NJ. I would likely never use their service department if I bought the car over 1+ hour from my house (not to mention over $10 in tolls to get there). It would have to be a deal for a savings of over $1000 to make it worth it. I haven't gotten prices yet from the new dealer, I'm waiting for the $3 gas to cut into SUV sales.

Last edited by nyca; 03-17-04 at 05:19 PM.