RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Breakwater BLUE Color Question: Is this a color exclusively for the "Ladies"??

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-04, 09:53 PM
EvilStan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I'm a guy and I have one and love it! I got the black pearl emblems put on and it looks great!!!
Old 09-26-04, 06:48 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

I never believe any of the stereotypical guy or girl color for cars, or guy or chick car for that matter. Just go with what you like the best & don't worry about what others think. Those who believe in these stereotypes just don't know any better.
Old 09-26-04, 02:53 PM
Bob99b5
Driver School Candidate

Let's face it, the WHOLE CAR is a female car.

Signed,

the husband of a women who drives a breakwater blue RX330
Old 09-26-04, 04:29 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Bob99b5
Let's face it, the WHOLE CAR is a female car.

Signed,

the husband of a women who drives a breakwater blue RX330
Do MOST people on here think so? I kinda do, but have been considering getting an RX as of late (and I'm a guy). I would definitely say the RX 300 was/is a female's car, but the re-styled 330 seems more aggressive and masculine. It's still most likely was made with female's in mind however.

I personally like the idea of better fuel economy with a more car-like ride, yet looking a little aggressive. I've had a sports car, a regular SUV, and a SUT ... so now I'm kinda ready for a nice mixture of all of the above.

Guess I just know why I like it and want one ... was just wondering what others thought? More of a female's car? What do you like about it?
Old 09-26-04, 07:59 PM
BOWTIE 3
Driver

I agree with Bob99b5. Good grief, get a truck like a real man and leave the cute little SUV's for the ladies like it's always been! Why can't the " girls " have a vehicle that THEY can identify with that says " I have arrived " without some guys feeling left-out? My wife has an RX 300 and about the only time I drive it is when I gas it up for her. I rarely see a guy driving an RX 300 OR an RX 330! If it's a matter of $ image, 40 grand should get you into a decent truck so you won't feel like you're not participating in the economy.

Last edited by BOWTIE 3; 09-26-04 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-26-04, 08:59 PM
gs4to4
Lead Lap

I never expected the guys to be so against this color but I appreciate the replies, keep em going.
Before this post, I always thought Breakwater blue was a "cool metallic silver-Blue"
What I'm confused about is are you guys saying the CAR in general is more of a girls car or is it the Color that really makes it feminine?
I actually thought that Gold or White would be more feminine than the Blue, what do ya'll think?
Old 09-26-04, 09:41 PM
BOWTIE 3
Driver

I think that the GS 300/330 or the GS400/430 is the most masculine/guy vehicle Lexus has. I think EVERY vehicle that Lexus offers is superior in quality and materials than just about ANYTHING anyone else builds , in ANY catagory . The LS 430 is a beautiful car, but personally I relate it more to successful " Geezers " and Lexus SUV's are for successful women and " soccer-moms ". The SC 430 seems more of a " Geezer with gold chains " car, and the IS 300 is what you get your kid when they graduate from high school. I f Lexus built a truck I'd own one! Well now that I've pi$$ed everyone off, have a nice evening.
Old 09-27-04, 07:12 AM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Originally posted by BOWTIE 3
I agree with Bob99b5. Good grief, get a truck like a real man and leave the cute little SUV's for the ladies like it's always been! Why can't the " girls " have a vehicle that THEY can identify with that says " I have arrived " without some guys feeling left-out? My wife has an RX 300 and about the only time I drive it is when I gas it up for her. I rarely see a guy driving an RX 300 OR an RX 330! If it's a matter of $ image, 40 grand should get you into a decent truck so you won't feel like you're not participating in the economy.
Yeah, God forbid a man decide to drive something that gets a little bit better fuel economy so we aren't quite as reliant on foreign oil, thus reducing the need to invade countries like Iraq. You're right, let's just follow the status quo society has put out tha men drive trucks just b/c the commercials say so. God forbid we have some PROGRESS.

Off my soapbox now.
Old 09-27-04, 04:15 PM
Bob99b5
Driver School Candidate

Please don't get me wrong here....I love the RX330, as long as it's my wife's daily driver and not mine. It's beautifully built, the Breakwater Blue w/black leather is a sharp combo, and the cost to own/resale are fabulous. She really wanted an orange (OK, it was really "sunset copper") Nissan Murano and I said "Forget it, I can't be seen driving an orange car". I asked her how she liked the Lexus when we took a test drive and she said "What's there not to like?". Case closed.

As for me I'm on my 3rd Mustang GT in a row. She says "Grow up", I say "I like it". Bottom line, if you like the car and you like the color, then just buy it. Even if you decide to get rid of it in 2-3 years, you'll still get more of your $$$ back on it than with most other makes. My only caution would be don't be misled by the "Sport" utility vehicle monkier. The RX330 handles like an American luxury car of old - soft ride, lots of lean, etc. If you want sport, try an Infiniti FX or a BMW X5. Having just come back from a 5-day trip to the Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Drining in Phoenix, I took an off ramp a little too quickly last night while coming home from a night out at "The Producers" with my wife. She didn't scream too loudly but she did remind me that I wasn't in my Mustang......
Old 09-27-04, 09:58 PM
LexFather

I like the baby blue. Reminds of North Carolina. GO TARHEELS!!! I think it is a rare color. Not many companies offer baby blue.
Old 09-29-04, 01:27 AM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't view the RX as a chick car. When I think chick, I immediately think of VW's offerings. If I was in the market for a medium sized SUV the RX would definitely be on my list. The Breakwater Blue on the other hand is a chick color. You have to see it in person to appreciate its chickness. My sister actually has an RX and she initially wanted the Breakwater Blue since it looked more silver than blue in pictures. After the salesman commented that he just sold one to a gay couple and that the color was popular among chicks he showed us one he had in the back lot. It was too blue for my sister's tastes and my bro'-in-law agreed that the color wasn't as nice in the pics. She then spotted an RX with a color that she liked and changed her order from Breakwater Blue to Bamboo. Bamboo is a nice color. My sister likes it and my bro'-in-law and I marvel at how it changes color under certain lighting conditions. It may be a good compromise for you and your fiancee, but definitely go see the colors in person if you haven't yet (The photos of Breakwater Blue look better than in person and the pictures of Bamboo do it no justice).

Last edited by SDLexus; 09-29-04 at 01:33 AM.
Old 10-03-04, 06:51 PM
fatttu
Driver School Candidate

Default Breakwater BLUE Color Question: Is this a color exclusively for the "Ladies"??

Yes, breakwater blue is a sissy girly man color. I also think the RX-330 is a sissy girly man vehicle. I only like driving it when my wife and/or the children are with me. I would never have bought the thing if it wasn't for my wife and especially in that color. Since this is my opinion, it really doesn't mean much. If I see another fellow driving one in any color, I wouldn't think anything of it. This goes as well for the LX and the GX. If , for some reason, I wanted to get an SUV, I would get a Touareg. It has a lot of neato toys and gadgets to mess with along with other desireable aspects. I currently drive the Tundra 4-dr 4wd and I would love for Lexus to Lexusize it and make it their own. I would snap up one of those in a second.

breakwater blue/light grey /AWD/RX-330
Old 10-04-04, 03:24 AM
techlover
Driver School Candidate

Default no no no!

my wife has a breakwater blue. i have a dark green 2000 corvette and do find the blue on the female side but damn my wife is feminine too and i like her. most men do like feminine things. thats why we get married! and though the rx 330 is no sports car, it is plenty fast with that 3.3 liter engine coupled with that five speed automatic transmission and handles nicely for a suv. it puts out more horsepower per liter than my vette! andy
Old 10-04-04, 11:14 AM
fatttu
Driver School Candidate

Techlover, yes we men are attracted to feminine things but not to the point we want to wear women's clothing, wear women's shoes, wear our hair in a beehive, and so on.......My buddy drives a yellow MB SLK and I kid him about it being a girly man color but I know he is secure in his manhood. My businesswoman sister drivers a white Ford F-150 4x4 with the offroad package and I know she is secure in her womanhood. Back in the 70's my father had a light blue AMC Pacer and....................hhhmmmmmmmm.............Now I know where my disfunctionality comes from. I thank these past postings which have brought out this disturbing supressed memory. OK, back to reality now. If I had to choose a color for myself, I would choose either the flint mica or the neptune blue. As y'all very well know, many people's choice of vehicle is an extension of their self image and/or an image they want to project. I can say "who cares which vehcle and color you have" but you know many people out there do. So the point of all of these ramblings is be sure of what you want, get what you want, and don't put too much into other people's opinions. You are the one putting down the bucks and have to live with the thing.

Breakwater blue/light grey leather/AWD/RX330
Old 10-05-04, 05:27 PM
jostreet
Driver School Candidate

I'm surprised so many cliche-ridden, insecure macho types even visit this forum with its baby blue background...what are you, girly-men? Arnold would kick sand in your face.

Quick Reply: Breakwater BLUE Color Question: Is this a color exclusively for the "Ladies"??