RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

300--------->330...........How was it????

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-04, 08:45 PM
HarrierAWD
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Lexusfreak
I wonder if the new 330 has any problems with engine gelling or perhaps the model is too new to know about it yet?
Shouldn't be an issue for the RX330.

Some RX300 engines had the oil gelling problem because 1) Toyota engineers narrowed the coolant passage to upper cam area, AND 2) some people don't change the oil often enough - I read two oil gelling problems here. In both cases they were recently purchased certified pre-owned.
Old 11-23-04, 11:14 PM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright THANK YOU!!, Lets see how I do in your observations :

Things I like about the 330 over the 300 (that I actually use):
- Better gas mileage (most noticable on the highway) despite the bigger engine...........REALLY?? THATS GREAT!
- The body style (yes, I like it)....OF COURSE I LIKE MY 300 BETTER
- Power rear door with wireless control.....DONT THINK I HAVE MUCH USE FOR THAT, I LIVE IN A WARM CLIMATE AND MY RIDE IS ALWAYS GARAGED
- The LCD screen for the navigation system is a little bit bigger.....GOOD
- Rear-view camera.....GOING TO BE VERY USEFUL
- Speed-sensitive brake assist is a good thing, once you get used to it.....MY 300 BRAKE ISNT SO GOOD
- The headlight washers (great in the winter in my "let's salt the road to death" climate)...NO USE FOR ME
- Fully-adjustable seat heaters (it's a turning ****, as opposed to a "high/low/off" rocker switch)......NO USE
- Seat heaters warm the lower back as well as the bottom........NO USE
- Radio controls are separated from the LCD screen, making it easier to work the radio.......GOOD
- Rain-sensing wipers (replacing the intermittent setting).......DONT LIKE TO USE WIPER, RAIN-X
- "Rubber-duck" radio antenna works fine, and seems less fragile than the telescopic power antenna.....NEVER LISTEN TO MY RADIO
- The cup holders are more useful in better locations.....AGREED
- The cargo cover can fit under the floor when you take it out, assuming you don't fill that storage area with stuff - you don't have to remember to leave it home when you get something big......ONLY SEEN THE COVER ONCE....WHEN I PICKED IT UP
- Moving the CD changer into the radio head really opens up the glovebox space....GOOD
- You can pour oil into the engine faster on the 330 than on the 300 (you had to go really ssssloooowww on the 300 - I'm surprised the dealers put up with it).....I DONT CHANGE MY OWN OIL
- Available laser-guided cruise control (I really tried to get it, but it was too hard to find at the time)......ALMOST NEVER USE MY CRUISE CONTROL

I agree with the other comments that the radio system upgrade to a fancy name like ML is nice but not worth the extra cost.................I FEEL THE SAME WAY AFTER LISTENING TO BOTH

LOOKS LIKE MY 300 IS STILL PRETTY GOOD!!=)

Originally posted by rxdriver
Both the 300 and the 330 are excellent cars. They're all well-made, ride great, safe to ride in, and full of creature comforts.
Is the 330 worth the extra cash? That's up to you...

Things I like about the 330 over the 300 (that I actually use):