RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

does anybody have a modded rx?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-05, 11:57 AM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default does anybody have a modded rx?

does anybody have a modded rx? i cant seem to find one anywhere around here..
please post some pics if you will
Old 03-20-05, 05:03 PM
garysayuri
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually, right before this, i was just looking on the web for any performance or appearance parts. didnt come across anything good.

i saw a site selling a "coach-edition rx300 style" grill for the rx330, but they didnt have any pics. i just want to do something to our car to make it a little different from all the other rx's on the road.

i havent seen ANY modded rx330's here in hawaii. maybe they are around, but must be in hiding.
Old 03-20-05, 05:06 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by garysayuri

i havent seen ANY modded rx330's here in hawaii. maybe they are around, but must be in hiding.
I think we are all just starting to mod it. I'm working on my wifes RX330 for the up coming show in August. Nothing too major, just a drop, 20" rims, Alpine A/V system, and for now my body mods is only my color matched running boards, and I'm having the spoiler, and all the other black lower trim colot matched as well. I'm waiting a little while for more front lip and rear lip options.

Chris
Old 03-20-05, 10:06 PM
garysayuri
9th Gear

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
I think we are all just starting to mod it. I'm working on my wifes RX330 for the up coming show in August. Nothing too major, just a drop, 20" rims, Alpine A/V system, and for now my body mods is only my color matched running boards, and I'm having the spoiler, and all the other black lower trim colot matched as well. I'm waiting a little while for more front lip and rear lip options.

Chris
i was thinking of painting the lower molding and spoiler too. i was thinking of maybe a gunmetal-ish color for the lower molding and the spoiler would be body color. not sure yet.

my wife wants me to leave her rx alone, actually. she isn't into mods. if i do them slowly, she wont really notice as much compared to if i tried to do everything all at once.

chris, post some pics of your rx as your mods progress.

gary
Old 03-21-05, 02:49 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by garysayuri
i was thinking of painting the lower molding and spoiler too. i was thinking of maybe a gunmetal-ish color for the lower molding and the spoiler would be body color. not sure yet.

my wife wants me to leave her rx alone, actually. she isn't into mods. if i do them slowly, she wont really notice as much compared to if i tried to do everything all at once.

chris, post some pics of your rx as your mods progress.

gary
Are you on Oahu? Anyway, I'll post a few things as they get done. I'm trying to keep most of it a surprise for the show though. It will be mild right now because they don't have too much out for the RX and many of the good stuff is still hard to get parts in Japan. I think by the December car show I'll have more things. I'm waiting for the adjustable coil overs from TEIN to be released. Until then I'll have a mild drop with the available springs only. Maybe next year I'll up the ante and go with some 22" rims and use the 20" for daily driving Problem is this is actually my wifes car so hopefully she doesn't mind a slammed RX on 22" rims Body kits tare toughest for us in Hawaii since shipping can cost $300-$500 depending on the size.
Old 03-21-05, 09:13 AM
garysayuri
9th Gear

yes i live on oahu. yeah, the shipping costs are pretty bad to hawaii. i wanted to buy some furniture online. the shipping was more than the merchandise!

i cannot drop her car, because she has arthritis and it is an easy height for her to get in and out of.... i dont want to mess with the stereo because we bought the mark levinson system... so, i am just going to try to do simple exterior mods. just something to set our rx apart from the other 100's on the road.

dont worry about posting pics. i understand that you would rather reveal the mods all at once.

newyorksc, sorry that this thread is getting off track.
Old 03-22-05, 03:38 AM
LophatRX
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Mine is Modded. JDM , sort of....=)

Check it out ......and check out the gallery for more..pics...
Attached Thumbnails does anybody have a modded rx?-body-kit-5.jpg  
Old 03-24-05, 08:15 PM
rx330lex
Driver School Candidate

here's a link of rx330 parts. its mostly harrier parts from japan.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/lexusparts/rxinexpa.html

if link doesnt work, just copy and paste