RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

My RX400h is here, I'm scared!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-05, 03:29 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks, limit and flip. took a while to get the garage 100% lexus. would love to get the 400h but the 330 is doing great right now, and i can't live without my wood trim.

limit, here ya go: front/back.

Old 04-22-05, 04:56 PM
Lextranny
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lexuslover
thanks, limit and flip. took a while to get the garage 100% lexus. would love to get the 400h but the 330 is doing great right now, and i can't live without my wood trim.

Nice!!!!!!!!!!! maybe you can adopt me as your son.

You'll have another RX330 in your driveway!
Old 04-22-05, 06:09 PM
BS Mann
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to dealer this afternoon, two 400h on the lot, one a black color and one white, no Savannah!! I asked if they had it hidden away somewhere and they said someone bought it this morning, that was ahead of me on the waiting list, but initially wanted the white color. When they saw the Savanah they asked if they could have it, and my dealer said that since I wasn;t interested enough to come on Wednesday, I must not want it!

So I took the white one for a test drive, and it is a wierd experience, never having been in a hybrid before. It starts out so quiet you have no idea if the engine is on, the accelleration is really good at low speeds, but seems to have a hesitation at higher speeds. I was most disappointed with the sterile interior, the metallic accents instead of wood are not to my taste, especially when paired with a beige interior. I asked for my deposit back, and will wait to see if the 2007 400h has the wood. Otherwise, we may just stick with our Camrys until a hybrid Camry or GS300 comes along. I think we really dont need the extra size of a SUV, a Prius would be just right but my wife hates the styling. She likes the idea of being above the traffic in an SUV, but doesnt like spending close to 50k when a hybrid Accord is much cheaper.
Old 04-23-05, 06:59 AM
rxdriver
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's too bad that the dealer sold the car earmarked for you because someone else liked the color. When I ordered my RX330, I had to wait 13 weeks to get it, partly because there's no way I'd accept another color. If I ordered Flint Mica, I wanted Flint Mica!

Lexus didn't put in wood trim because they thought it would contradict the goal of being environmently-friendly.
Old 04-23-05, 07:13 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by rxdriver
. . . Lexus didn't put in wood trim because they thought it would contradict the goal of being environmently-friendly.
It appears at least from the GS450h shown in the NY autoshow that it will have wood trim for that hybrid. Maybe Lexus have heard complaints that there's no wood trim in the RX400h ?
Old 04-23-05, 07:15 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Wow, your house looks awesome Nice garage, pool & everything . . . & I think the GS450h will have wood
Old 04-23-05, 07:16 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

hi, BS - 50k+ is certainly a lot of money. i am in the same boat as you; waiting for another year to see if wood trim makes it and if the price will come down at all. sorry to hear of the dealer giving away your car; i'm sure that doesn't help with your buying process either.

Lexus didn't put in wood trim because they thought it would contradict the goal of being environmently-friendly.
that's what i thought too, but isn't that the reason the toyota prius doesn't have leather interior? lexus already gave that on the 400h, so maybe next year is the wood trim (at least as an option?) crossing my fingers . . .
Old 04-23-05, 07:19 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

thanks, amethy!
Originally Posted by AmethySC
I think the GS450h will have wood
Old 04-23-05, 07:27 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 162 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by BS Mann
She likes the idea of being above the traffic in an SUV, but doesnt like spending close to 50k when a hybrid Accord is much cheaper.
Why exactly are you looking at "hybrid" vehicle? It seems to me that you dont have an clear understanding what it is. From Prius to Accord and then to RX400h, they are all completly different vehicles.

-Prius is affordable mid sized sedan, that was engineered from grounds up to be efficient hybrid vehicle. It is full time hybrid, with 70hp electric engine that can propel vehicle on its own, and hence, despite its size, it gets 45mpg-50mpg on average
- RX400h is an luxury hybrid SUV, that is designed to offer performance at competitive price. It has 170hp electric engines that can propel it on its own, and is 2x more efficient than similary priced, V8 competitors that have same or less power.
- Accord hybrid is an mild hybrid that has start & stop system, small electric generator (16hp) that helps V6 engine when it needs more power. It is nowhere close to being as efficient as Prius or RX system as it can not run on its own.

Now, if you are looking for something that has hybrid written on it, then it doesnt really matter what you get, but those 3 cars are as different as possible. Prius is an revolutionary vehicle, Accord is sedan with 16hp supercharger and RX400h is green performance, to sum it up.
Old 04-23-05, 07:32 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

That's too bad that the dealer sold the car earmarked for you because someone else liked the color. When I ordered my RX330, I had to wait 13 weeks to get it, partly because there's no way I'd accept another color. If I ordered Flint Mica, I wanted Flint Mica!

actually that person was ahead of him in the line :-)
Old 04-23-05, 08:14 AM
rxdriver
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
actually that person was ahead of him in the line :-)
I'd agree with you in a normal first-come, first-served situation with stock on the lot.

But these are special orders for specific people with money down (deposits). Everybody got what they ordered. Somebody changes their mind, so another customer has to wait extra weeks or months? The dealer sells a car today, but really screws another guy tomorrow. Not good customer service if you ask me.
Old 04-23-05, 11:10 AM
LexFather

Your house is gorgous as, the garage full of cars, kudos to you
Old 04-23-05, 11:23 AM
liquidsilver
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd agree with you in a normal first-come, first-served situation with stock on the lot.

But these are special orders for specific people with money down (deposits). Everybody got what they ordered. Somebody changes their mind, so another customer has to wait extra weeks or months? The dealer sells a car today, but really screws another guy tomorrow. Not good customer service if you ask me.
Yeah it's so true but you gotta remember that the dealer can smell it when the client is gonna back out regardless. I'm sure BS had other reasons but for most people when you get a call stating that ur car has arrived they are at the dealership within 24 hours just because they are so excited. It's still a poor service regardless when they can't even wait a few days.
Old 04-23-05, 03:56 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

but again, the guy that got the car put his money down before our poster did, so I dont see where the problem is? And besides, apperantly RX400h aint his crop of field anyway...
Old 04-23-05, 04:13 PM
jayskinner
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's gotta be the most beautiful trash can I've ever seen.

Quick Reply: My RX400h is here, I'm scared!