RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

My RX400h is here, I'm scared!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-05, 02:59 PM
BS Mann
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My RX400h is here, I'm scared!

I was #7 on my dealer's waiting list, and they called today and said it is here! I was hoping it would take longer so I could hear from other forum members about their driving experiences before having to plunk down the money! Anyone with any words of wisdom? I am supposed to pick it up on Sunday
Old 04-20-05, 03:10 PM
MrJohnE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BS Mann
I was #7 on my dealer's waiting list, and they called today and said it is here! I was hoping it would take longer so I could hear from other forum members about their driving experiences before having to plunk down the money! Anyone with any words of wisdom? I am supposed to pick it up on Sunday

they are sick!!! we just got 5 of them delivered to us at lexus of orlando yestaurday... they are fREAKING AWESOME!...

i want to get the wheels w/ some lowpros for my IS
Old 04-20-05, 04:52 PM
parula
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BS, sounds like a nice car to me, enjoy!
Old 04-20-05, 06:38 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Anyone with any words of wisdom?
CONGRATS!
Old 04-20-05, 06:50 PM
Scooter99
Driver School Candidate

I drove one today for the first time. It is really wierd. I was waitning to pull out into traffic and the motor shut off, I was like..... OK. Wierd feeling. I also think it is rediculously fast, for what it is.. Me and the other guys at work agree that it is faster than the 330. Accually got the tires to chirp. Nice vehicle, but takes some getting used to.
Old 04-20-05, 10:26 PM
HarrierAWD
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe you can auction off your new RX400h. One bozo paid over $54,000 for it on eBay. You can make a few grands.

So many idiots, so few comets.
Old 04-21-05, 06:27 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Congratulations

I' ll see if I can get a chance to test drive one to see how it feels.
Old 04-21-05, 03:53 PM
parula
Instructor

Scooter, thks, I like fast!! Now I want a test drive.
Old 04-21-05, 04:26 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I drove a few of them this week and I love it. You have to get use to it and don't pay to much attention on the " Consumption" screen..

When you first start up the car you can't tell the car is running. You will have to look at the cluster, it will say " Ready". That's mean you're ready to go, just put her in Drive and go. At the stop light the engine is completely shut off and the electric AC compressor still running( power by Hybrid battery) you can hear the air coming from the AC vents( so quiet).

When you press the " Fuel Door" buttom. The display on the cluster will tell you " Please wait", so the system can correct the gas fume to the charcoal canister without release those harmful chemicals into the asmoshpere. After 15 seconds, the gas door will opened...cool. The way I did, I pressed the fuel door opener, got out of the vehicle and wait for about 10 seconds. After 10 seconds went by, I started to talke to the fuel door and the fuel door opened by itself. The guy that filled up his car next to me freaking out and WTF... It was funny as heck to see the look on his face when I talked to the fuel door and the fuel door really opened.

If you floor it. The KW gauge will held at 200 KW all the way without any shift point. You may think that the transmission is stuck on first gear at 90 mph without shifting...lol. It's a fast SUV with a lot of TQ from electric motor.
Old 04-21-05, 08:59 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

BS, congratulations!

like scooter said, the hybrid technology takes some time to get used to, but imho, it's addictive! i had the pleasure of driving a prius for a few days a couple months ago, and initially i was like WTF, it's so weird - super quiet and then essentially "off" at traffic lights. but after i gave it back (it was a hertz car rental ), i was really missing it. the toyota hybrid system is great and provides a zippy ride; the 400h is going to be an awesome seller.
Old 04-21-05, 09:00 PM
Viking
Driver School Candidate

Default I'd think about taking you spot

Hey BS Man. I'd think about taking your spot(seriously). i'm in SoCal. What options and color did you get?
Old 04-22-05, 08:29 AM
BS Mann
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Viking
Hey BS Man. I'd think about taking your spot(seriously). i'm in SoCal. What options and color did you get?
Savanah, no options, and I m in NoCal, and the dealer is being very squirrely. When I said I couldnt come in to see it until Sunday she said "call before you come, so I can tell you if we still have it!" When I asked why my deposit wasn't enough to hold the car for four days, she said "We have other people more excited about this vehicle than you seem to be". So we'll see if it is even there when I go in for a test drive, and then whether my wife is willing to part with her 1996 Camry to take on new debt and a much bigger ride!
Old 04-22-05, 08:35 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Savanah, no options, and I m in NoCal, and the dealer is being very squirrely. When I said I couldnt come in to see it until Sunday she said "call before you come, so I can tell you if we still have it!" When I asked why my deposit wasn't enough to hold the car for four days, she said "We have other people more excited about this vehicle than you seem to be". So we'll see if it is even there when I go in for a test drive, and then whether my wife is willing to part with her 1996 Camry to take on new debt and a much bigger ride!
Keep us posted!
Old 04-22-05, 09:23 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by lexuslover
BS, congratulations!
O/T, I envy your dream garage and home!
Old 04-22-05, 12:35 PM
LexusLimit
Driver

Originally Posted by lexuslover
BS, congratulations!

like scooter said, the hybrid technology takes some time to get used to, but imho, it's addictive! i had the pleasure of driving a prius for a few days a couple months ago, and initially i was like WTF, it's so weird - super quiet and then essentially "off" at traffic lights. but after i gave it back (it was a hertz car rental ), i was really missing it. the toyota hybrid system is great and provides a zippy ride; the 400h is going to be an awesome seller.

Hey nice garage. Can you post a pic of your house?

Quick Reply: My RX400h is here, I'm scared!