RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Will warranty cover this? picture inside...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-05, 09:11 PM
studentdoc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will warranty cover this? picture inside...

Just happened to notice that at the side where the front bumper wraps around to meet the side of the car, that it seems to be uneven and not "flush" with the rest of the car. It's sticking out quite a bit and it seems as if a bolt that was holding it down came unattached to the bumper causing it to stick out the way it appears in the picture. I dont' recall hitting anything or anybody ever backing into me to cause this even though it may have happened when I wasn't around. Will the dealership repair this for free under the warranty or will they possibly think it was my fault and make me pay for it? It's not that difficult of a repair, just requires to a bolt to be unscrewed and then tighted to hold the the bumper down. I'd do it but I'm away on a trip and don't even have a simple screw driver or any other tools in my possession and besides I'd rather have the dealer do all my repairs rather than me risk making it worse than it already is.

Thanks!

Last edited by studentdoc; 05-23-05 at 09:13 PM. Reason: grrr
Old 05-24-05, 05:17 AM
rxdriver
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Will the dealer fix it? Maybe... it's certainly worth calling and asking if nothing else. They might do it, although they'll immediately think "accident". Lexus dealers don't do any body work; if you know a good body shop, they might actually be more helpful if the dealer can't/won't do it.

How it works... if it's like the back bumper, there is only one bolt on each side, and a lot of plastic tabs. When my back bumper was damaged and hanging off after an accident, the guy at the body shop simply pushed it back in and got the tabs to engage. That made it look like almost normal until the whole thing could be fixed.
Old 05-24-05, 10:02 AM
Ziggy09
Driver

JM LEXUS in Margate... About 30 minutes north of miami does bodywork. But that little thing wouldn't bother me
Old 05-24-05, 10:10 AM
HarrierAWD
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Your dealer should cover this without hassle.

Maybe it's the angle of the camera, but it looks like there's some collision damage at the front corner?
Old 05-24-05, 10:26 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

That shouldn't be a problem at all, your dealer should fix it while you wait, probably free of charge. BTW, Lexus dealers have their own outstanding body-repair facilities, or an exclusive arrangement with a nearby body shop that meets the requirements of the dealer franchise. If you have any problem getting service locally, call the Lexus Customer Assistance Center, at 1-800-255-3987, prompt #4.
Old 05-24-05, 11:50 AM
studentdoc
Driver School Candidate

That's just dirt. I guess from going to the beach last weekend down in the keys.
Originally Posted by HarrierAWD

Maybe it's the angle of the camera, but it looks like there's some collision damage at the front corner?
Old 05-24-05, 12:50 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if it's as simple as you described, they should fix it. just tell them it looks off, and if there is no apparent collision damage, they will take care of it. sometimes you get some minor fit and finish imperfections at delivery. i always ask them to correct those things and 99% of the time they do it.

p.s. i love the sparkle in that paint job
Old 05-24-05, 06:51 PM
rxdriver
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lil4X
BTW, Lexus dealers have their own outstanding body-repair facilities, or an exclusive arrangement with a nearby body shop that meets the requirements of the dealer franchise.
Might this vary by market? In the western suburbs of Chicago, I couldn't find a dealer that would touch body work when I had a really minor accident with my 02 RX300. (Cosmetic damage to the rear bumper.) One of them referred me to a really good body shop, but the body shop doesn't claim to be affiliated with the dealer. That happens to be the body shop I went back to when I had the worse accident with the RX330.
Old 05-27-05, 10:13 PM
Lexy GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by HarrierAWD

I agree with HarrierAWD, is there something else you're not telling us?
Old 05-27-05, 11:10 PM
studentdoc
Driver School Candidate

Default that's a negative...

lol, thats the whole story.

I took it in and they just tightened a screw and it was fixed in about 2 min. And I got a nice car wash to go along with it. The lexus dealership in Miami sure is fancy though compared to the ones I've seen in the midwest.
Originally Posted by Lexy GS430
I agree with HarrierAWD, is there something else you're not telling us?