RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

2004 Enter Destinations While Driving w/o mods or splicing

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-08, 10:27 AM
deepakg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004RX330
I saw the other posts on how to get to the system menu on the newer nav systems and turn on the override that lets you enter nav destinations while moving. After playing around with my nav system on my 2004 RX330, I figured out how to do the same thing. Press the menu button, then choose DVD button. Then press the top left of the screen, then the bottom left of the screen, then the top left again, then the bottom left again, then finally touch the bottom right of the screen. It will bring up the same system menu. Press and hold the override button for about 3 seconds until it turns green, then hit back. If you do this while moving, you won't be able to edit until you stop the first time. If you are stopped when you do this, then you can continue to edit while moving.

You MUST do this everytime you start your car. HAVE FUN PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still have the old ver 2.01 nav on my RX330 of 2004. Will this work? Please advise. My wife has taken the car. I am dieing to try this.
Old 11-19-08, 12:49 PM
deepakg
Driver School Candidate

I saw the other posts on how to get to the system menu on the newer nav systems and turn on the override that lets you enter nav destinations while moving. After playing around with my nav system on my 2004 RX330, I figured out how to do the same thing. Press the menu button, then choose DVD button. Then press the top left of the screen, then the bottom left of the screen, then the top left again, then the bottom left again, then finally touch the bottom right of the screen. It will bring up the same system menu. Press and hold the override button for about 3 seconds until it turns green, then hit back. If you do this while moving, you won't be able to edit until you stop the first time. If you are stopped when you do this, then you can continue to edit while moving.

which version of the dvd map do you have in your car?
Old 11-19-08, 01:24 PM
deepakg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LCB
And everyone thought the "I agree" button was annoying to hit every time you start the car....this takes that to the extreme.
Is there a way to get rid of this screen " I agree"
Old 11-19-08, 02:10 PM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are 2 different dimensions to this: the generation of hardware, and the DVD version. For some older hardware versions and older DVDs, the secret touch screen menu works. I don't know exactly where the cutoffs are for each system but I do that if you have a Gen4 or 5 system and you use a DVD higher than dvd v5, the secret menu doesnt work anymore.

On the other hand, if you have a newer dvd and hardware, Lexus has ditched the I agree screen on their own. I'm not aware of any way to bypass it on older systems other than looking at www.coastaltech.com at the lockpick product. We use it to allow address input while moving on our 09. we don't have an i agree button on that model. coastal does say some of their products remove the I agree so no first hand experience with that.
Old 11-19-08, 04:13 PM
deepakg
Driver School Candidate

Wonderfull,,,,, works easy and great