RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-06, 06:12 PM
docfnky
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in the middle of trying to get the window to roll up with the remote when you lock the car but i ran into some trouble with programming the chip. hopefully i can get this resolve soon, but when i was looking through the menu i saw that you can have it programed so the windows will be rolled up with the remote. Can one of you lexus techs on here shed some light on it?
Old 03-01-06, 06:04 AM
cbstoke
Driver School Candidate

To be able to open the hatch without having to press the remote's unlock all doors button twice then, one press of the remote'shatch button, you first, must have the personal setting changed to unlock all doors with one remote press. This will allow you to press once to unlock all doors, then one press to open hatch. Long story short, you have have to perform two presses vice three.
Old 03-01-06, 08:23 AM
DakotaRX
Driver

Default LPS settings

According to the owner's manual and the Lexus web site, the LPS settings can be done at no charge (one time only) up to 1 year from purchase. I assume that is for new vehicle purchases and not pre-owned. But if you have a good dealer, he should certainly do it for you if a recent pre-owned purchase, if not you may remind him that you may or may not be a customer of his again in the future. Depending on the service you get. According to the service tech at Lexus of Wayzata, it takes about 11/2 hours to reprogram, but I'm assuming that is if you want all 12 settings changed or at least several of them. I would think a setting or 2 would take 15 to 20 mins.
Old 03-01-06, 01:41 PM
jayskinner
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cbstoke
To be able to open the hatch without having to press the remote's unlock all doors button twice then, one press of the remote'shatch button, you first, must have the personal setting changed to unlock all doors with one remote press. This will allow you to press once to unlock all doors, then one press to open hatch. Long story short, you have have to perform two presses vice three.
You can also have it changed to open the hatch by pressing and holding the power door button, without having to press anything else first. Tha's how I had my programmed. The only problem is I sometime forget that the doors aren't unlocked, and pull my wrist off my arm trying to open a locked driver's door.
Old 03-01-06, 09:29 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Of course none of this works if you have a ....

dead battery. There isn't a manual lock on the rear hatch door. Nope. No inner mechanical release either. This discourages petty theft I guess. You can program the hatch door to open automatically when you touch the release on the hatch door but that could come back to haunt you if there wasn't enough clearance above the car in the garage. Those little lights in the cargo area will go out when the door closes by the way. ( like a refridgerator ) Have you found all three? ( there's one on the door itself) The storage doors for the tonneau cover can be lifted to a vertical position which is handy for grocery bags and there are even thoughtful little hooks to hang the bags on.....Did you find the emergency fuel door opener there to the left? Give it a tug. A good back up if the electricity fails but then how would you open the rear hatch door in that case to get to it??? Lesson? Interior lights left on are the number one cause of battery discharge. This can also be accomplished by not shutting a door all of the way.....Keep your car gassed up too!