RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS)

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-05, 09:34 AM
joako
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS)

According to this page: http://auth.owners.lexus.com/lexusow...ehicleSettings If I have a 2005+ RX330 there are certain changes that can be made.

I own a 2004 RX330 and I have seen the tech try to change the options and I think all of them where there except for the "one motion power back door" option which would allow me to open the rear hatch without having to press the "unlock" button twice before I can then press the rear hactch button for another 2 seconds (My Volkswagen Golf can do this!)

I was wondering if anyone has had this done to their 2004 RX? The tech was using a handheld tool. Is there maybe a larger versiosn of it that might have had the option? Maybe a module in my car needs an update? Maybe the tool the tech was using was outdated?

Does anyone make an aftermarket scan tool that can change these options? Sort of like VAG-Com?
Old 09-18-05, 02:43 PM
jayskinner
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had that option programmed on my '05, and the tech told me that was new for '05, and wasn't an option on '04 models. I never even knew to ask with my '04, but saw it on the brochure for the Lexus Personalized Settings for '05.
Old 09-18-05, 08:24 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by joako
According to this page: http://auth.owners.lexus.com/lexusow...ehicleSettings If I have a 2005+ RX330 there are certain changes that can be made.

I own a 2004 RX330 and I have seen the tech try to change the options and I think all of them where there except for the "one motion power back door" option which would allow me to open the rear hatch without having to press the "unlock" button twice before I can then press the rear hactch button for another 2 seconds (My Volkswagen Golf can do this!)

I was wondering if anyone has had this done to their 2004 RX? The tech was using a handheld tool. Is there maybe a larger versiosn of it that might have had the option? Maybe a module in my car needs an update? Maybe the tool the tech was using was outdated?

Does anyone make an aftermarket scan tool that can change these options? Sort of like VAG-Com?
u can change so that u need to hit the unlock button 1 time to open all doors. but all doors need to be unlocked
Old 10-01-05, 01:36 PM
joako
Driver

What is the reasoning behind this? Perhaps it is possible to update the firmware on the module that controls the rear hatch?
Old 10-02-05, 07:54 AM
rxdriver
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My guess is that they're trying to prevent you from opening the rear door by accident, possibly in a situation where there is an obstacle that could damage the door. The door opener is quite persistent because of the weight of the door, so a silly thing like a wall or a pole won't stop it before it scratches or dents the door.

There's a switch in the glovebox frame to completely disable the power opener, and the 2004 Owners Manual goes so far as to recomend turning that switch off when you go through an automatic car wash. That's a little paranoid in my opinion, but it might give you some insight into the engineers' thinking.
Old 12-27-05, 09:13 AM
osomoso
Pole Position

Default Changes

Can any of these changes be done by myself? Or will it have to be done by Lexus?
Old 12-27-05, 12:19 PM
Todd
Pole Position

Default By Lexus and

they will only do the first one for free at the time of purchase. If they did not tell you abou this or give you the option selection sheet then I would think they should do it for free now.
Old 12-27-05, 01:50 PM
osomoso
Pole Position

Default Lps

Actually I purchased this vehicle from a freind. I want to get the windows to roll down before i get in during the summer. It gets to about 120 F in the vehicle in Florida. Anyone have any tps let me know.

Thanks!
Old 12-27-05, 02:35 PM
rxdriver
Lead Lap

After unlocking the doors, hold down the "unlock" button on the remote. Hold it long enough and all the windows and the moonroof open.

There's no way to close them from the remote; you have to hold the key in the driver's door in the lock position to close them.
Old 12-27-05, 07:17 PM
osomoso
Pole Position

I cant get thwm to roll down. I think they are programmed not too.
Old 12-28-05, 04:58 AM
rxdriver
Lead Lap

OK... then you're probably right - your friend had that turned off.
There are separate on/off settings for "DOWN DOOR KEY", "UP DOOR KEY", and "DOWN WIRELESS". Only the dealer can change LPS (formerly known as C-BEST) settings. The menus for changing the settings are built into their computer diagnostic tool.
Old 12-28-05, 08:07 PM
osomoso
Pole Position

Default Answer

2000 model does not do it. Started that in 2003.

Last edited by osomoso; 12-28-05 at 08:09 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-10-06, 07:10 AM
Frankr66
Pole Position

is there a way to put the windows and moonroof up when you arm the alarm? it would only make sense since you are able to open them
Old 02-10-06, 07:16 AM
raleedy@ar
Driver School Candidate

As noted above, you can do that with the key, but not with the remote.
Old 02-10-06, 07:55 AM
Frankr66
Pole Position

Originally Posted by raleedy@ar
As noted above, you can do that with the key, but not with the remote.
this seems kind of odd and maybe there could be a mod for this if enough people wre interested?

Quick Reply: Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS)