RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

bluetooth verizon help

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-06, 10:38 PM
smart
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bluetooth verizon help - problem solved

I'm a new RX400h owner with a year to go on my Verizon contract. I know Let's Talk only recommends Cingular. But isn't there anything on Verizon?
I was thinking of the Motorola Razr or Treo 700w.
What features can work on Verizon phones besides handfree? Answering incoming? Automatic audio muting? Dially by using navigation touch pad? One touch? Making call from phone book? Making call from outgoing or incoming call log? One touch dial to points of interest?
Is there anyone in Los Angeles / Burbank that can help?
Thanks.

Last edited by smart; 02-19-06 at 02:00 PM. Reason: solved problem
Old 01-29-06, 07:25 AM
katzjamr
Driver

i am a cingular treo user so i cant help you with verzion, however i would be careful before i purchased a treo 700w. I live in the home of microsoft and use their products but the combination of the treo and microsoft on the 700 has dumbed down what is a great phone. the treo 700 has a poorer screen quality, no touch screen, and is more difficult to use versis the treo 650. Unless you need the specific use of some microsoft programs on the 700, read the reviews out there and save your money.
Old 01-29-06, 11:50 PM
litzdog911
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We've had good luck with our Verizon Nokia 6256i bluetooth phone. It does all of the things you mention. The only limitation is that you have to transfer phone book entries one contact at a time (as "business cards") instead of transfering the entire phone book in one download.
Old 01-30-06, 10:10 AM
david blac
Driver School Candidate

Smile i need bluetooth verizon help too

i just bought a GS300 with nav. my eyes are not real good. I need a phone that has a qwerty keyboard. the dealer said the treo 650 will work, but not the 700. but the keyboard on the treo is small. i LOVE the verizon V9800 (?) i think that is the number. the keyboard is large. however the dealer told me that verizon will not work with lexus because it does not transfer phone book. well, ok, i can live with that IF I CAN CREATE MY OWN PHONE BOOK on the nav screen and then just touch the button that way. or perhaps just speak the numbers through the voice system and have the phone dial. is that possible? as long as i have pre programmed numbers into my nav system on the console, i dont need really the phone book in the phone. i can just choose a phone from the nav screen, press the button and the phone dials and i speak hands free. correct? is this the way it works? sorry to ramble on - i am trying to get a verizon wireless bluetooth phone with a qwerty keyboard to work with my lexus. any ideas? dave at Anthemnv@aol.com

Old 01-30-06, 12:30 PM
katzjamr
Driver

the treo qwerty keyboard looks small however the keys have been rounded in a way that makes it easy to use unless your fingers are really large.
Old 02-19-06, 01:54 PM
smart
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for advice.
I got a Nokia 6256i off ebay. Works fine. Paired up first try.
Connects automatically.
Works good sending and receiving calls with little fuss.
Rather than try for an all in one phone, I also got a BT enabled PDA, the HP RX3715. Working on getting it to transfer phone book.
Old 02-22-06, 05:05 AM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default The Verizon Treo 650 has an annoying..

problem of bumping the call when a new incoming call is received. The caller that was bumped will then call back and bump the next caller off and so on and so on. The only solution we know of is to turn off call waiting which most people use frequently. Verizon has the best coverage but the worst set up for Bluetooth. Why?

The new RX350 will have 5th Generation Navigation and 2nd gen. Bluetooth. This will be a boon to Verizon phone owners because it will allow alpha characters and its own phone book registry with icons for home, mobile, work etc. The first Lexus to get this is the IS250/350. Now the RX350 and in April the ES350 will have the newer version.

Rock
Old 02-22-06, 06:21 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Changing carriers, good idea?

We've been with Verizon for well over ten years and although "the network" and coverage can't be beat, we're tired of being treated like stepchildren. Practically every service on the phone has a monthly charge associated with it, resulting in "budget creep" over the years. It's frustrating to have to clear voice mail (most of which are junk) by playing them back - at 25 cents each. Web access is incredibly expensive, and Verizon is always the last to adopt newer phones.

We're starting over with the Cingular network primarily due to their lower package rates and availability of rollover minutes. Rather than buy from the company, we are looking at going through a broker - like LetsTalk or Wirefly. Their prices and packages are considerably better than going direct - probably because they are not supporting a storefront and sales commissions. Has anyone had a problem with the service from these companies?

Finally, we've selected an HTC Wizard and a Sony Ericsson W600 (waiting to pull the trigger on availability of the improved W600i) for my wife and I. Has anyone had experience with these phones and their Bluetooth connectivity in the RX? Is there a better selection for a PDA/phone and a camera/flipphone with voicedial?
Old 02-22-06, 12:11 PM
katzjamr
Driver

Default bluetooth

i have had good luck with cingular coverage and the bluetooth connection in the 400h with my treo 650. the latest update from cingular got rid of the call waiting, call dropping problem. i do not know of a better pda/phone combination than the 650. I would stay away from the new treo 700 that is more microsoft based, it is less easy to use has no touch screen and i think is only right now supported by verizon.
Old 02-22-06, 03:56 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Verizon Bluetooth

I was so disgusted with the poor service from Cingular with my previous phone that when I went shopping for a bluetooth phone for my RX400h that they were not on the list. Based on Consumer Reports satisfaction ratings I selected Verizon. The phone is a Motorola E815 and so far works great with the car. Recognition was instant and the voice quality was OK. Still working with all the features, so I don't yet know how well they will work. The Razr was available, but was $100 more than the E815.
Steve