RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Verizon blue tooth

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-06, 07:39 PM
hobokensky
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Verizon blue tooth

hi,
I finally gotten a new Motolora Razr phone from Verizon so I can utilize my 2006 RX 330 hands free feature. I managed to get the phone registered with the car but is having a hard time getting any phone numbers (along with names) into the phone book. I know you can not transfer the phone book into the car but had heard that you can transfer 1 name at the time. Anyone have any ideas or instruction that can help?

thanks
Old 03-20-06, 03:45 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the phone. I just did the same thing.

I also have a Samsung i730 pda/phone and you can "beam" contacts one at a time into a bluetooth address book. I was unable to do so in my wife's new RX350 though. I kept getting an error. So go figure.

Regarding this phone, I had posted on either this board or another and was told that the Verizon Razr can not beam contacts via bluetooth but I have also heard conflicting stories about that. Again, Verizon is well known to cripple the bluetooth on their phones and even reading through the manual it looks like the only way to "sync" (as the manual puts it) anything is via USB. I haven't seen too many USB ports in cars lately so chalk this one up to Verizon and their ridiculous policies.

By the way, if the info I received was wrong and someone has had success please, please share it! I sat in the parking lot of the mall this past weekend entering a ton of contacts by hand. Yech! The best part was that I was figuring it all out without the manual and entered about 35 people before I realized that I was entering in all caps and had to go back and edit all of the names to switch from all caps to proper. Yet another reason for the beaming

Jay
Old 03-20-06, 07:04 AM
hobokensky
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the info but I am havnig so much trouble just to figure out how to transmit any data from my RAZR to the RX330. I cannot seem to fnd the feature in the RAZR to synchronize/send contact info. I am usually pretty good at these type of stuff but these blue tooth thing is really driving me crazy. Do you or anyone have any insturction as how to send the info from a RAZR to the car?
Old 03-20-06, 12:26 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default The Razr will send in one at a time only if...

you have the Cingular or T-Mobile versions. The Verizon version has a different format entirely. That is why you are frustrated along with many other Verizon Bluetooth phone users.

If you have the Cingular or T-Mobile type then the procedure is to put the car's bluetooth into "transfer phonebook" mode in settings. When you do this the RAZR will disconnect from phone use and tell you that it is doing so which is normal. You proceed to the contacts list on the Razr and then once you have selected the entry you want to upload you will touch the menu key at the top of the phonepad in the middle which show little lines on it. Next you go up one selection with the up arrow key and you will be on "send". Hit send and it will look for nearby bluetooth devices. When it locates "handsfree" hit OK. Keep following the prompts until it sends the entry to the car. The next time it will not be necessary to find "handsfree" so the procedure will be faster. Each time you put the Lexus into transfer mode it will ask you if you want to "add" or "overwrite". With the single entry of the Razr you always select "add".

Rock
Old 03-20-06, 02:28 PM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hobokensky
thanks for the info but I am havnig so much trouble just to figure out how to transmit any data from my RAZR to the RX330. I cannot seem to fnd the feature in the RAZR to synchronize/send contact info. I am usually pretty good at these type of stuff but these blue tooth thing is really driving me crazy. Do you or anyone have any insturction as how to send the info from a RAZR to the car?
Yeah, long story short if I wasn't clear in my post - you can't do it with Verizon. Even if you look at the manual it says that the only way to sync is via USB so no luck.

Sucks but that's Verizon for ya!

Jay
Old 03-30-06, 11:41 AM
jeffls
Driver School Candidate

My wife has a RX400h and a new LG phone thru Verizon. At his suggestion I emailed the salesman a list of phone numbers and names and he loaded them. So far, so good. Entire phone book is now loaded. I have heard the same issue with Verizon; impossible to transfer the phone book..
Old 03-31-06, 01:12 PM
litzdog911
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffls
My wife has a RX400h and a new LG phone thru Verizon. At his suggestion I emailed the salesman a list of phone numbers and names and he loaded them. So far, so good. Entire phone book is now loaded. I have heard the same issue with Verizon; impossible to transfer the phone book..
The Nokia 6256i does allow transferring contacts, one at a time as "business card" contacts. But you can't buy this phone directly from Verizon, only from certain dealers (Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.).
Old 03-31-06, 01:16 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

I work for Palm, and support the treo700w for verizon. No phonebook transfer Verizon really limits their bluetooth profiles.

But so i can support this phone better, how can lexus add em manually?
Old 04-01-06, 09:59 AM
ikey78
Driver

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
I work for Palm, and support the treo700w for verizon. No phonebook transfer Verizon really limits their bluetooth profiles.

But so i can support this phone better, how can lexus add em manually?
What I assume the Lexus dealer is doing is using a non-Verizon bluetooth phone such as Cingular to transfer the phonebook entries. He would first have to enter the info in his Cingular phone and then transfer to the vehicle. Once the entries have been transferred to the car they can be used by any bluetooth phone including Verizon. By the way you do not have to have active phone service on the Cingular phone so you could probably pick up a used bluetooth non verizon phone on ebay if you want to do this yourself.

I have a Verizon Treo 650 and can send individual contacts or entire contact groups to the car easily as follows: In the Contacts application, Record Menu-Send Contact-Send with-Bluetooth. I believe this is the only Verizon bluetooth phone that allows this type of data transfer because it is using the Palm operating system rather than a Verizon system.

Evidently this feature is not available on the Treo 700 which has a different operating system.
Old 04-10-06, 07:45 PM
sychocism
Driver School Candidate

Verizon bluetooth phones, with the exception of those without Get It Now (ie Samsung i730 and Nokia 6256i) do not have Object Push Pull (OPP) profile built into the phone, therefore, you can't load the phonebook via BT.
Old 04-10-06, 09:35 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

bluetooth...sigh...great technology except not perfected...oh well i still use it so yea...heh....some fones just don't work too well even tho it is bluetooth enabled....hopefully they can fix all the problems...