RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Bluetooth and Phonebook Transfer

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-06, 08:29 AM
scottmyers
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth and Phonebook Transfer

My father just purchased the RX350 and we were wondering what bluetooth phones were compatable with the phonebook transfer. I have an 06 GS and many phones work fine but don't allow the phonebook transfer function to work, only certain models work correctly.

Is this the case with the newer Nav and phone system in the RX350 as well? Anyone have a suggestion on which phones seem to work best?

Last edited by scottmyers; 04-12-06 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-12-06, 11:56 AM
sychocism
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by scottmyers
My father just purchased the RX350 and we were wondering what bluetooth phones were compatable with the phonebook transfer. I have an 06 GS and many phones work fine but don't allow the phonebook transfer function to work, only certain models work correctly.

Is this the case with the newer Nav and phone system in the RX350 as well? Anyone have a suggestion on which phones seem to work best?
You're better off going with the CIngulars and T-Mobiles as opposed to the Sprint and Verizons.
Old 04-12-06, 12:00 PM
Frankr66
Pole Position

my razr can only transfer one user at a time is that correct? i cant see a way to transfer everything with one action
Old 04-12-06, 05:20 PM
steve_m
Driver School Candidate

right, one at a time. I've also got a cingular razr. I've also noticed that if you have multiple entries for a single name, for instance a home, cell and work number, only the first one can be used.
Old 04-20-06, 12:05 PM
fulflaps
Driver School Candidate

Default bluetoothe

The sony ericson is the only one that does complete phonebook transfer.
Old 04-20-06, 08:46 PM
oldtimer01
Driver School Candidate

Default Motorola V360 works - one at a time

I've got a Motorola V360...it works well with the bluetooth, but can only transfer one contact at a time, as far as I can tell. Almost easier to manually key it in.
Old 04-21-06, 10:01 AM
Frankr66
Pole Position

Originally Posted by oldtimer01
I've got a Motorola V360...it works well with the bluetooth, but can only transfer one contact at a time, as far as I can tell. Almost easier to manually key it in.
i agree

bad design
Old 04-30-06, 11:09 PM
paekj
Driver School Candidate

I've got a Sony Ericson from T-mobile and my bluetooth works for a few minutes then it loses the bluetooth signal. Anyone know if there is a fix to this?

Also, I tried transferring my phone book via bluetooth, but I can't figure out how to do it. Suggestions?
Old 05-01-06, 01:22 PM
williz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by paekj
I've got a Sony Ericson from T-mobile and my bluetooth works for a few minutes then it loses the bluetooth signal. Anyone know if there is a fix to this?

Also, I tried transferring my phone book via bluetooth, but I can't figure out how to do it. Suggestions?
please give me model and software version. most sony ericsson models work fine. if your modell is a working ione hope i have a list of instructions for you.
Old 05-02-06, 01:07 PM
Frankr66
Pole Position

my razr has a bug with the bluetooth

if i ever get a call waiting beep when im on the phone i drop both calls wether i answer it or not
Old 05-02-06, 02:36 PM
badgerdad
Driver School Candidate

Default Treo 650

I have a sprint treo 650 and was able to transfer my phone book via BT with no problem
Old 05-03-06, 08:33 PM
Vinnyraj
Driver

I just got the new Sprint Samsung A920 (same line as the blade - A900) and the blue tooth connection works really well. I have not had any luck transferring the phone book yet.
Old 05-05-06, 10:02 AM
williz
Driver School Candidate

Default some hints for pairing handy with hands free

i hope this information will help some of you to get your handy connected with the hands free.
please note this is all european information and handy modells are sometimes different in the US. also functions and features can differ from operator modell to operator modell (operator modell software is often different to the original manufacturer modell).
as you can see in the "pairing sequence" info many handy modells from nokia and motorola are not supporting the "sending whole phonebook" feature.
lexus europe is supposed to come out with the newest version of there handy compatibility chart and updated pairing procedures in the next weeks.

the following shows you my experiance with a sonyericsson V800/Z800 and my RX400 hands free set.:

After resetting (switching off and on) the telephone, binding with car hands free worked with out any problems. Normal telephone functions have been ok.
When I tried to send the telephone book to the car, the V800 refused to send it via Bluetooth and when I selected send telephone book on the car hands free the connection was terminated immediately.
At that point I was really frustrated. After cooling down I started to thinking and I found out that the V800 automatically connected to the hands free by activating the hands free profile.
Normal hands free sets are using HFP and HFP is normally not used to send/receive DataStream’s.
Question was now, how do I get the car hands free and the V800 connecting to each other by using the OPP in order to get the “send telephone book” working.
The key to success was to initiate a binding after the selection of “send telephone book” on the cars hands free system (connection terminated). When you do a binding at that point the V800 is binding with the OPP as it would be binding with a computer or PDA. Then you can transfer the telephone book. After transferring the telephone book you must delete this connection and reconnect using the HFP. From that moment on the V800 is automatically connected after switching on the car and every thing works ok.
In order to allow the automatic connection between the car and the V800 the V800 should be in the main menu (means you should not have any messages like missed calls or sms messages on the handy screen) otherwise the automatic binding is very often not working, if this happens it is best to switch the handy off and on again (this is also the case with Z600 and V800/Z800 using sonyericcson car hands free systems like HCB 30 or HCB 300)
Attached Files
Old 10-16-09, 07:10 PM
rmorin49
Driver School Candidate

I am having the same trouble trying to transfer phonebooks from my iphone 3G and my wife's Samsung. When I start the transfer I lose the connection. If I restart the connection the transfer starts and then after about 30 seconds I get a "Transfer Failed". Any suggestions? How do you transfer one contact at a time?
Old 10-29-09, 03:57 PM
DaveJ
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I recently bought a Verizon/Motorola VU204 and much to my surprise I was able to transfer the entire phonebook at one shot on our RX330. I just followed the directions posted on the Lexus website for my phone.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth and Phonebook Transfer