RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

2004 RX330 moonroof jam problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-06, 11:37 AM
bobvg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 RX330 moonroof jam problem

I have a 2004 RX330 with a moonroof problem. The one touch feature was working fine but then I noticed a small stick fell in the track. Upon closing the moonroof, the jam feature correctly re-opened due to the stick. I removed the stick and can see no more pieces in the tracks. However, when I do the one touch to close the moonroof, it will always go back open with about 1-2 inches left to close. I can manually close it with multiple quick taps of the switch (does not sound like anything is blocking it), but something is definitely out of wack. Maybe some pice of the stick is still stuck in there but I certainly can't see it. Maybe time for a trip to the dealer.

Seems to me that this open track my be a bad design on the moonroofs. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
Bob
Old 04-16-06, 12:23 PM
rxdriver
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Before going to the dealer, try re-calibrating the one-touch operation:

1. Turn ignition to "on".
2. Operate the moonroof (by holding down the correct button) to:
a. fully closed (if it's not already)
b. full tilt up
c. full tilt down
d. full slide open
e. full slide closed
3. The buttons should now support one-touch operation. Also, the jam protection function should now be enabled as well.
The following users liked this post:
Audiqv8 (12-30-18)
Old 03-18-10, 07:02 AM
deepakg
Driver School Candidate

Default moonroof not working at all

Can any one please help? My moonroof in RX330 - 2004 model does neither open nor close. My switch/s are totally in-operative. I noticed last week when the weather opened up and I tried to open the moon roof. Totally dead. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Originally Posted by rxdriver
Before going to the dealer, try re-calibrating the one-touch operation:

1. Turn ignition to "on".
2. Operate the moonroof (by holding down the correct button) to:
a. fully closed (if it's not already)
b. full tilt up
c. full tilt down
d. full slide open
e. full slide closed
3. The buttons should now support one-touch operation. Also, the jam protection function should now be enabled as well.
Old 03-18-10, 07:07 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by deepakg
Can any one please help? My moonroof in RX330 - 2004 model does neither open nor close. My switch/s are totally in-operative. I noticed last week when the weather opened up and I tried to open the moon roof. Totally dead. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
My sunroof doesnt stop in the closed position automaticly? It will just keep on going untill I let off of the button?
Old 03-18-10, 07:53 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by lexus114
My sunroof doesnt stop in the closed position automaticly? It will just keep on going untill I let off of the button?
That could be an indicator the battery is going. Sunroof will not auto open/close. Might want to have it checked.
Old 03-18-10, 08:46 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kitlz
That could be an indicator the battery is going. Sunroof will not auto open/close. Might want to have it checked.
Yeah I plan on going down to the dealer in June.My battery is new,I bought a Sears Diehard Gold back in 11/09/
Old 03-18-10, 09:05 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Maybe it just needs to be reprogrammed.
Old 03-18-10, 09:08 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

It is called a re-initiation. Follow the procedure stated above and this also appears in your manual.
Old 03-18-10, 09:08 AM
mandyfig

Check your moonroof fuse. Check your manual for the location.
Old 03-18-10, 09:50 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mandyfig
It is called a re-initiation. Follow the procedure stated above and this also appears in your manual.
You guy`s were right!! I followed the procedure in the manual,and sure enough,it works now! It even beeps to let me know its open when I open the car door now.(never did that before)
Old 03-18-10, 12:51 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Originally Posted by lexus114
You guy`s were right!! I followed the procedure in the manual,and sure enough,it works now! It even beeps to let me know its open when I open the car door now.(never did that before)
Fantastic! Free fix and just in time to enjoy the beautiful weather around here
Old 03-18-10, 01:14 PM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kitlz
Fantastic! Free fix and just in time to enjoy the beautiful weather around here
Old 03-18-10, 02:59 PM
mandyfig

There you go! Nice, right?
Old 08-03-10, 10:11 PM
deepakg
Driver School Candidate

Default Moon roof RX330 /2004

Originally Posted by bobvg
I have a 2004 RX330 with a moonroof problem. The one touch feature was working fine but then I noticed a small stick fell in the track. Upon closing the moonroof, the jam feature correctly re-opened due to the stick. I removed the stick and can see no more pieces in the tracks. However, when I do the one touch to close the moonroof, it will always go back open with about 1-2 inches left to close. I can manually close it with multiple quick taps of the switch (does not sound like anything is blocking it), but something is definitely out of wack. Maybe some pice of the stick is still stuck in there but I certainly can't see it. Maybe time for a trip to the dealer.

Seems to me that this open track my be a bad design on the moonroofs. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
Bob
I am facing a similar problem and need some help. My moon roof is open and moves about a inch towards closing or opening an then stops. It makes a little chirping noise and the the noise stops. Any suggestions please?
Old 08-04-10, 03:39 AM
deepakg
Driver School Candidate

About 6 months ago I was able to fix but this time I am feeling a different symptom with the moon roof. When I activate the switches, the moon roof closes only about 3 inches and then makes a little chirping noise. Is it possible to close it manually somehow? It is no good to drive wit the moonroof open all the time. Please suggest.

Quick Reply: 2004 RX330 moonroof jam problem