RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Welcome to Club Lexus! RX330/350 roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-16, 04:43 PM
ryssby
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 RX 400H purchase.

I paid 18k out the door.
Condtion, mileage, local records, preferred options and color convinced me it was worth about
upper KBB $. A big factor was that the car as located 15 minutes from my house. No all day trip or high pressured giant dealership pressures.
I researched it like a bag lady, but the overall quality of the unit convinced me to take the plunge into the hybrid. I should mentioned that my wife has a Prius which is virtually the same technology. It has performed very well. In my humble estimation, Toyota has the most evolved approach to hybrid
vehicles.
All major recall campaign repairs had been completed, and the car was religiously serviced by the first owner at the Lexus dealership where it had been purchased.
Anyway--that's my rationale, and, so far, anyway, I'm stick in' ' with it!
Old 03-05-16, 07:54 PM
lexcambodg
Driver School Candidate

Default just bought 2005 RX330

Here in Cambodia these cars are as common as...they were apparently the preferred car for the government employee in lieu of salary. All manner are here, but mine is Ardor Blue metallic, has black leather, and a moon roof. This makes it SO different to the usual gold with roof racks everyone seems to have. 87,000 kms (around 50,000 miles) which seems correct and not bad for an 11 year old car.

A few teething issues so far because the car was bought on line from Korea - a dead battery replaced immediately, low on coolant, accident damage fairly well repaired to one rear door has left a legacy of lock problems on that door, park distance control does not seem to work, and the Mark Levinson stereo seems to have some issues. I know most will say 'buyer beware', but the price was okay considering getting a car locally would have had too many issues to contemplate (the locals set new standards in cosmetic shenanigans where cars are concerned) and the taxes for those not with the right connections are out of this world - try US$32,000 for the same car taxes paid! I paid less than half that landed here, so hopefully the differential can act as a buffer for any issues which need attention. Time will tell.

Expect me on your forum as time passes and the inevitable issues are addressed. I have found this forum of great use already, so thanks to all.

Previous cars include a Harrier 240G some years ago in Sri Lanka - a good car if perhaps underpowered, a Prado in Africa which was wonderful for what it needed to do there, a Hyundai in Madagascar which was excrable and an experience not to be repeated, a BMW in France which is still there and terribly missed, a classic Aston Martin still in Germany which is even more ruefully missed, and numerous other metal in different places most of which I am trying to forget. Hopefully this Lexus will be a good experience.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! RX330/350 roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-dsc_0169.jpg  
Old 03-07-16, 09:07 AM
cassp
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus Lover

Hello Club,

It been several years since my last post, at that time I had a 2001 300RX "Guinevere" . Silver with black leather and wood grain accents. she has 247,000 mi. now and my daughter has her. She is still quiet and smooth. You just have to check her oil more often.
I have a 2010 RX350 "Jessimae". Again silver, with black leather and wood grain accents. The 2010 motor is not as quiet and the leather quality is a lot tougher. However, they just are beautiful looking and driving cars. The only issue I have with 2010 is the placement of the USB and power socket. What were they thinking!.
I am a lexus lover.
~Cassp
Old 03-07-16, 04:59 PM
Mkeew00
Driver School Candidate

Hi Fellow Lexus owners! I am happy to say that after months of research and blog and forum reading, I finally bought my old but still great vehicle an '07 RX 350. I named it Ara after a constellation. It is BLK with Beige Leather interior. It is loaded with all the bells and whistles inc the Navigation and Back Up camera. The only thing that it can improve on is adding an AUX so I can stream my media music as I am a Soundcloud, Pandora, and Spotify freak. Overall, I am extremely happy with this purchase. I preferred the look of the older Lexus vs newer versions. I look forward to learning a lot from Club Lexus. Cheers!
Old 03-12-16, 12:23 PM
jvah1980
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New to a 2004 Lexus RX-330

Happy to join the group. New to the Lexus family. Just purchased a 2004 Lexus RX-330, was blown away by how smooth and quiet this car was compared to my 2013 Pathfinder Platinum. Looking forward to Lexus ownership!

-Justin
Old 03-28-16, 10:30 AM
rfk318
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus RX350 2009

Got the car used from a Ford Dealer in CO. It has 100000 miles but in good(I hope condition). Color is the cinnamon reddish color . Not sure what model but I think it has everything.

Right now I am trying to get the alignment fixed. It pulls to the right off and on. Anyone else have this problem?

I had a BMW 330 convertible, 2001. It was time to get a larger car because of age etc. Except for the pulling the cars is nice.

Rich
Old 03-28-16, 12:36 PM
DennisMik
Racer

Received 289 Likes on 250 Posts

Got my 07 RX 350, silver color, about 6 weeks ago. Bought it from Park Place Lexus in Plano, TX.

When I test drove it, it pulled to the right all the time. The dealer aligned the front end and that fixed the problem. If the car pulls only some of the time, it could be something else, like tie rod ends, ball joints or control arm bushings.
Old 03-28-16, 04:18 PM
rfk318
Driver School Candidate

They have aligned it twice. #3 is Thursday. I am guessing it is something in the steering. The pull comes and goes as I drive.
Old 03-29-16, 08:21 AM
DennisMik
Racer

I didn't think a simple alignment would be your problem. When you go for an alignment, the place SHOULD check for bad ball joints, tie rod ends, etc. - all that stuff. Depends on how reputable the place you took the car to is. Are you taking the car to different places for the alignment or the same one?

Does the car have a power steering fluid leak? And is it from the rack? The racks get replaced on these cars more frequently than other brands. Mine was replaced at around 80K.
Old 03-29-16, 08:52 AM
rfk318
Driver School Candidate

These checks we made as part of the used car check at the Ford dealer. I also had Lexus do a check. They came up with several things but not ball joints etc. Will mention your above when I take it in again Thurs. Everything seems random. Today it did not pull much over 4 miles while yesterday it did it a lot more.
Old 04-02-16, 12:06 PM
Crossgolf
Driver School Candidate

Hello fellow Lexus drivers. I live in Germany and Lexus is not a very commen car brand here. Dealerships and service stations are rare.

I bought a 2007 RX400h last year. Not much special about that car except that it is the European version and was manufactured in Japan. I drove it 18t kilometers so far. The car is at 125t km now.

I upgraded all interiour lights to LED, changed the parking light to led and activeted the front side marker that are not standart here.

But the biggest improvement is my 2x14 watt plug and play LED in the reverse lights. And dual brightness license plate lights that stay dim until the car is put in reverse. Then the light up the path right behind the car. Now I am actually able to see something in the monitor when backing up.
Old 04-14-16, 11:09 AM
TLCpeach
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Hi ALL,

I purchased a Pearl White 2010 RX350 with light grey interior in ammaculant condition with only 22k miles on it (yes its a bit older model BUT NEW TO ME.....LOL). This will be my weekend car for now since I have a long commute to work I continue to put the miles on my toyota 4rnr.

Would love to hear about your experience with your rx350 if you've owned it for quite a while and/or have suggestions for me.

I thing i am really considering is changing the rims. Any one else change them? If so would love to see some pics for suggestions and would like to know what is the max size tire/rim i can go up to?

Thank for your time and any feedback provided in advance!
Old 05-01-16, 01:24 AM
luv2surf
Driver School Candidate

Hi Everyone! Excited to join Club Lexus. I recently bought a 2006 RX 330 with 52,000 miles on it. I've always wanted an RX, and finally had the opportunity to get one, so I did!
Old 05-03-16, 08:51 PM
ringting
Driver School Candidate

Good Day,
I just purchased a 2007 RX 350 with 21,000 miles. VIN = 2T2GK31U57CXXXXXX.

This is my first Asian designed vehicle. Now working on building technical knowledge library needed to self maintain the vehicle. Will be investing in hard copies of Service Repair Manuals and exploring online sources.

An inspection was done by Arrowhead Lexus, in Phoenix, AZ. Report showed clean bill of health however upon opening hood and crawling underneath I have found a fluid leak on DS of Oil Pan and multiple inspected items not as indicated.

Yes I will do some searching in the forums. What I would appreciate is any tips on how to search effectively.

For example North American designed vehicles have Service Parts Identification listing RPO codes. Is there something similar on my RX 350?
Thank you,
Ringting
Old 05-04-16, 06:43 AM
DennisMik
Racer

If you would like to see the service history on the car, you can go to mylexus.com and create a login for yourself. The service history will show all work performed by a Lexus dealer. Work done by non-Lexus dealers could be there also, but probably not. If you wanted to, you could add any service you performed yourself to this list.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! RX330/350 roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE