RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Welcome to Club Lexus! RX330/350 roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-18, 11:28 PM
Frosties
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Newbie

The Maverick's new friend

Max

Hi all, had my 2005 RX 300SE-L for about a month now. Paid £7,500 for the car, 1 owner, 27,000 miles, full service history, not a mark on it inside or out.

It's my first ever Lexus and don't know how I managed to miss these great cars

I was on the UK site but there is no normal chat there or even a sense of humour, so here I am

I don't have any current issues but as always will try to help others.

Cheers fellas

Last edited by Frosties; 10-11-18 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Photo
Old 10-11-18, 09:58 PM
MadDane
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Brilliant purchase!
Old 10-15-18, 08:23 AM
kirch3526
Driver School Candidate

Smile New RX 350 AWD

Purchased our 2019 RX350 (Cashmere Metallic) on Saturday. Will pick it up in the next few days. Declined paint and interior treatments - very expensive and reviews of Lexus products aren't very good. Will have our detail shop do the clear mask and paint treatment. We have a 2010 Lexus IS250 AWD that we'll be selling ourselves - better price than the dealer would give us. Does anyone have suggestions for treatment of the interior including leather seats?
Old 10-19-18, 04:41 PM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Received 189 Likes on 167 Posts

Just picked this up as a winter vehicle 04 rx330 with 154xxx only mods I want to do are windshield tint with banner, and tint the front side windows 20% or 5%. Eventually I would like to add a back up camera. Looking forward to reading the how to section.

Old 10-23-18, 03:55 AM
Oh9PBE
Driver School Candidate

Hi,
Two months ago I bought a 2009 Pebble Beach Edition RX 350 FWD in Truffle Mica with 88,000 miles. No navigation-NBD; no heated seats-I wish it had them. BF installed a GTA car kit so it now has Bluetooth. This is the quietest, most smooth riding vehicle I’ve owned. I love it.
From 2006-2017 I drove a 2003 Acura MDX Touring no rear DVD system. (I loved it until the AWD transmission crapped out at 124,000 miles.)
2017-Aug 2018 I drove a 2002 BMW M3 Convertible which I still have and it’s for sale.
Old 11-27-18, 10:03 PM
virgilvasi
Driver School Candidate

Default hi

I have a 2004RX 330. Greenish dark color. 169K.
had my first accident. Awesome car. Protect me good. Slugghishbrakes though. I feel that better brakes would have avoid it all toghether.
Not sure what pads had used previousowner.
Old 11-28-18, 08:53 AM
meccan0ble
Driver School Candidate

Default 09 350 Silver

I just purchased about a week ago an 09 RX 350 w/ 164k miles. My bro has a GS430 with high miles and no real issues. Always believed in Toyota longevity and my pops has a 2013 RX350 with like 5k miles. First thing I'm trying to do is get some bluetooth audio in this bad boy but debating between a module or replacing CD player. I can get a cd player much cheaper than the module and it will have much more capability. Just not sure about the look. I'll make a thread discussing this.

So far car has been great to me. The dash has some cracks but lexus dealership i bought car from agreed to replace (if they can pick up phone and schedule a time to bring it in). Only dissappointment so far is the power steering was empty. Possibly a leak somewhere. Since I bought from lexus and they state it went through safety inspection, I would imagine power steering was also looked at. I'll see if I can get that fixed too (if it requires anything more than the refill I did).

I came from an e46 m3 to a Nissan Murano and currently have a tahoe. This crossover feels small compared to even the Murano but its super quick and love the interior more especially that steering wheel, real sporty when turning like my bro GS430.
Old 11-30-18, 08:45 PM
DennisMik
Racer

Received 289 Likes on 250 Posts

A problem these cars have is that the rack & pinion gear leaks. Hopefully the dealer will check for that.
Old 01-23-19, 08:26 AM
joannakat
Driver School Candidate

Hi! New to the site and to the forum. I have a black, RX330, 2005 that I absolutely love. Off-white interior and pretty much everything works (with the exception of the CD player which works sometimes and man! I'd really like to get that fixed!) Current mileage is 155,100. The last car I drove was a Mazda (boring). Oh, yeah, there's a latch in the far rear that doesn't work.

Very glad to find you all here. I do maintenance at my local Toyota dealer. I don't think their prices are any lower than the Lexus dealer (Herb Chambers) but they're a lot closer and don't attack me to try to convince me to buy a new car every time I'm there! Yeah, who needs TVs in the bathroom stalls anyway!

Always happy to receive advice and excited to learn more about keeping up my car. It's the best one I've ever had.
Old 01-23-19, 08:31 AM
sbrown329
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome and I hope you find this site as helpful and interesting as I have... 2004 RX330, 102k miles
The following users liked this post:
joannakat (01-23-19)
Old 01-23-19, 08:54 AM
joannakat
Driver School Candidate

Thanks! That's great mileage for a 2004. Hope you're enjoying it as much as I'm enjoying mine. I especially love the angled front end that enables me to pull right up to a curbstone without scraping the bottom of the car! I don't think they make any like that anymore.
Old 02-12-19, 07:00 AM
MadMaxRX
Driver School Candidate

Hello. I am new to owning my 2005 Lexus RX330 in millenium silver. It has 105k. This has been my wife's car but we updated her with a new 2017 RX so I have decided to make this my daily vehicle. Im not really planning on doing anything radical with it but I would like to replace the suspension as its starting to show some wear. Any good recommendations? Thanks!
Old 02-28-19, 05:28 AM
RXHustle85
Driver School Candidate

Just bought a really nice 2007 AWD RX 350 about a week ago, pearl black with tan interior. It only has 45k miles, which must be almost unheard in this year model by now...it's a real gem.

Planning to remove the roof rack, tint/rain guards, black mesh grille, maybe some black 20's, LED headlights eventually (i loved the ones I put in my last car, which was a heavily modified 2003 Buick Park Avenue Ultra), revamped audio (a must for me), and I'm sure some other minor changes.

It's new to me, so there's about to be a whole lot of fluid flushes/changes and general maintenance going on too.

Overall, very happy to have it...it's a nice ride.
Old 03-24-19, 08:29 PM
Daralyn
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 rx350

Hi Everyone,

This is Kiki. I custom ordered her from Japan, as unlike advertized at the time, cloth seats were NOT standard & you actually had to place a custom order, if you were lucky enough to get a dealer to do this for you (and it wasn't easy!)

Anyway, my Lexus isn't new, but I don't think this intro was here back then, so better late than never. I absolutely love this car & prior to this 2nd gen rx, I drove a Mazda 2nd Gen, turbo II RX-7, which I doted on for 20 years prior to selling. Unfortunately I have to sell my Lexus. Stuff in life happens.😣 I'm going to at least let the forum know about it first though, which only seems fair. Having the immaculate cloth interior, it's one of a kinda & those of us who prefer cloth (vegans, HOT climate dwellers, FREEZING climate dwellers, people who don't want their legs sticking to their seats or sliding around in them) to leather, pleather, etc...have a very hard time finding suitable cars! Again, this was a custom order from Japan: yes, with a "J" in the Vin. My car is dirty here, yet still beautiful & with pretty low miles (somewhere around 65K). She also has the tow package, hitch, & brake controller. I used her to Tow my Bambi Sport Airstream, which she did like a champ! To this day, I love every driving experience, which feels like floating on a cloud. I'm going to miss this car terribly after she's gone & hope she ends up in a good home vs. with someone who just has the cash. That said, if anyone has good listing ideas to get her to the right place, please let me know. The marketplace here is quite discriminatory, e.g. able-bodied people with a ton of free time on their hands. I don't fall into that category, so I can't list here. Where else would a serious Lexus shopper go if they wanted a used Lexus? A bit of advice here would be appreciated. Thanks!

RE:
Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your RX, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including;

Color or the exterior and interior
Options
Any pictures you might have of your RX
Tell us what you drove previously

and congratulations from Club Lexus!

2007 Crystal White RX-350 with SPECIAL ORDER CLOTH SEATS & J Vin#.

Last edited by Daralyn; 03-24-19 at 08:31 PM. Reason: typos/repetitive words
Old 04-24-19, 02:40 AM
Ryn079
Driver School Candidate

Default Rx400h from malta

Hi everyone, I am from malta, in the Mediterranean. I have a 2005 rx400h my wife damaged and needs repair. Came across this wonderful forum. Well done to all!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! RX330/350 roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE