RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Welcome to Club Lexus! RX330/350 roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-20, 10:25 AM
DennisMik
Racer

Received 289 Likes on 250 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus. I hope you will enjoy your RX as much as I do mine.

One thing you might want to do is go to drivers.lexus.com and create an account for your self. Then you can access the service history of what was done by the dealer as well as the owners manual.

Two things that you should be aware of and check out are oil line problems. There are 2 different rubber hoses that carry engine oil and can burst, definitely a bad thing. Maybe they were taken care of and the service history would reflect that. One is the VVTi oil line for the camshafts. The other is the oil cooler line. This oil cooler line was optional and may not be installed on your car, but you need to check it out to make sure.

There is a lot of information on these, search for the threads for oil cooler line or VVTi. Some people inaccurately call these a recall, but that is not true. Lexus covered these under a 10 year extended warranty but your car is no longer covered.
The following users liked this post:
ReviaDiva (05-06-20)
Old 05-06-20, 10:31 AM
ReviaDiva
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello all! I just purchased a 2009 Lexus RX350

I purchased a 2009 Lexus RX350 on April 1st with Premium Package, Navigation and backup camera.
Exterior is Obsidian Black with light beige leather interior.
I previously drove a BMW 328, and I'm loving how smooth the Lexus is to drive.
So far (besides washing it) I've done the Leatherique treatment to the interior leather and it turned out fantastic. I have a lot of detailing planned and can't wait to baby it! I know the pic quality isn't ideal but I'm upgrading my iPhone in the next week so pics should be better soon.
Looking forward to being a part of this forum!

Before Leatherique treatment

After Leatherique treatment

Old 05-09-20, 05:53 PM
Felix
Pole Position

Received 484 Likes on 420 Posts

Looks awesome, great to see your on top of taking care of your vehicle. btw I'd check to see if your oil hoses have been changed to the metal hoses over the rubber ones.
Old 05-09-20, 06:20 PM
ReviaDiva
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Felix, and thank you for your question about the oil hoses. I have to give credit to this helpful forum about the oil hoses because I signed up for the drivers.lexus.com site and discovered I still have the rubber ones, so one of the very next things on my to do list is to switch them out for the metal hoses.
Old 05-16-20, 06:33 PM
ctwombly
Driver School Candidate

Hi All,

I’ve actually had my 2007 for about 8 years. It’s blue with the light grey leather interior. I purchased it with about 45,000 miles, and I currently have about 123,000 miles. I really enjoy driving this car. I purchase my Lexus after looking for a nice, gently used BMW. It turned out I wasn’t ever “comfortable” with the BMW’s. They always felt so small after my last vehicle (a 1997 2DR Chevy Tahoe).

Thanks for welcoming me to the CL!

Carla
Old 05-18-20, 08:20 PM
dmlkeys
Driver School Candidate

First time poster. I have just bought a 2008 RX350 and I'm so happy. I was driving a 2016 NX200T for 3yrs before selling it off in Dec 2019. Whilst using a Honda Jazz (or FIT in USA), I've been doing a lot of research on the RX. I'm so pleased that after 3months, I finally nabbed the exact colour combination that I wanted inside and out. The car has only done 71,000km equivalent to 44,000miles. Impeccable service records. I plan to change the oil cooler line and VVTi lines as soon as I can. I'm very glad to be part of this ClubLexus family. Photos attached.

Old 05-18-20, 08:58 PM
dmlkeys
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DennisMik
Welcome to Club Lexus. I hope you will enjoy your RX as much as I do mine.

One thing you might want to do is go to drivers.lexus.com and create an account for your self. Then you can access the service history of what was done by the dealer as well as the owners manual.

Two things that you should be aware of and check out are oil line problems. There are 2 different rubber hoses that carry engine oil and can burst, definitely a bad thing. Maybe they were taken care of and the service history would reflect that. One is the VVTi oil line for the camshafts. The other is the oil cooler line. This oil cooler line was optional and may not be installed on your car, but you need to check it out to make sure.

There is a lot of information on these, search for the threads for oil cooler line or VVTi. Some people inaccurately call these a recall, but that is not true. Lexus covered these under a 10 year extended warranty but your car is no longer covered.
Hi DennisMik,
Will Lexus replace my oil cooler lines & VVTi lines with 71,000km on the clock? Or will they say no because the car is a 2008 RX
Old 05-25-20, 08:43 AM
dmlkeys
Driver School Candidate

Quick update. I walked into a Lexus dealership today and asked if the TSB issued for Oil Cooler Lines in Australia will still cover my 08 RX350 at 71,000 odo. He looked through his computer and told me that "yes" Lexus will install a replacement free of charge! I asked about the VVTi oil line (camshaft) too, however he said that'll have to be paid for to be replaced. I'm very happy about this and hoping to have the replacement done as soon as the car arrives.
Old 05-27-20, 05:57 PM
Felix
Pole Position

Received 484 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by dmlkeys
Quick update. I walked into a Lexus dealership today and asked if the TSB issued for Oil Cooler Lines in Australia will still cover my 08 RX350 at 71,000 odo. He looked through his computer and told me that "yes" Lexus will install a replacement free of charge! I asked about the VVTi oil line (camshaft) too, however he said that'll have to be paid for to be replaced. I'm very happy about this and hoping to have the replacement done as soon as the car arrives.
Thats great, but I'd get a pr of metal lines as they'd just replace what you have w/ the same.
Old 05-27-20, 06:03 PM
dmlkeys
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Felix
Thats great, but I'd get a pr of metal lines as they'd just replace what you have w/ the same.
No. He told me specifically that they will replace the oil cooler line (rubber insert) with a full metal one.
Old 05-28-20, 08:18 AM
Miguel05
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello!

Last year I was looking for a nice used car to daily drive and I decided to go with a Lexus so I bought a 2007 RX350. It has 55k miles!! Equipped with navigation, backup camera and HID headlights. She’s FWD. Her color is Savannah Metallic with Ivory Interior. She’s a smooth ride, has great power, spacious, reliable and nice interior. I decided to go with an RX because I remember seeing them everywhere in the mid 2000s and I thought they were always so cool. Here are some pics!

Here she is next to a 4th gen RX450h F Sport

our 2016 Q5 doesn’t have as much details as this RX.

The following users liked this post:
BadaBing97 (02-14-21)
Old 05-28-20, 08:51 AM
dmlkeys
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Miguel05
Last year I was looking for a nice used car to daily drive and I decided to go with a Lexus so I bought a 2007 RX350. It has 55k miles!! Equipped with navigation, backup camera and HID headlights. She’s FWD. Her color is Savannah Metallic with Ivory Interior. She’s a smooth ride, has great power, spacious, reliable and nice interior. I decided to go with an RX because I remember seeing them everywhere in the mid 2000s and I thought they were always so cool. Here are some pics!

Here she is next to a 4th gen RX450h F Sport

our 2016 Q5 doesn’t have as much details as this RX.

Nice!
I like the orange LEXUS over the black background in the 2nd picture. Is that the light beneath the door when you open the door or a foot mat? I also want to ask, what has been your experience of the foot brake (alternative for the normal hand brake). Does that foot brake get in the way of resting your leg on a long trip, or it is out of the way and not disturbing the space in the footwell?
Old 05-28-20, 07:54 PM
Miguel05
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey!

Originally Posted by dmlkeys
Nice!
I like the orange LEXUS over the black background in the 2nd picture. Is that the light beneath the door when you open the door or a foot mat? I also want to ask, what has been your experience of the foot brake (alternative for the normal hand brake). Does that foot brake get in the way of resting your leg on a long trip, or it is out of the way and not disturbing the space in the footwell?
The orange Lexus lettering is located in the door sills. It comes like that from factory. The foot brake works really good for me, it doesn’t bother me on long drives. It has never been in the way of my foot or leg.
Old 06-07-20, 05:22 PM
KingDawud
Driver School Candidate

Default Greetings

Good day,

I just purchased a 2007 Lexus RX 350 and love it. Look forward to interacting with you all.
Old 06-08-20, 09:06 AM
dmlkeys
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KingDawud
Good day,

I just purchased a 2007 Lexus RX 350 and love it. Look forward to interacting with you all.
Please post up some pictures when you get a chance. How many Ks on the clock and how much did you pay for it. Congrats.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! RX330/350 roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE