RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

IPod

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-06, 08:34 AM
jcboiz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IPod

Has anyone tried this?

mp3yourcar dot com

I don't have much info, but does our car support AUX? and will it work as they claim it will? Also, if you have a video iPod, does video project on your navi screen? or am I asking for too much hehe =P

Last edited by jcboiz; 07-20-06 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-20-06, 09:20 AM
tfischer

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

The answers to your questions are:

Probably someone has tried it, but no one who has posted here. It looks to be a very new product.

"Our car" does not support AUX, unless that was added to the '07 models, which I doubt.

If it works as "they claim it will," that would be a first for the car audio aftermarket.

The video will not appear on the NAV screen. No way.

No, you are not asking too much, but you are close.

We all (because everybody now has an iPod, right?) want full and direct iPod connections to our car audio systems, but retrofitting existing systems is difficult and expensive, and there are no easy ways to do it, especially with the more complex systems such as the ML or even the standard RX Lexus audio. I just use a cassette adapter on a flexible stalk, since I only use my iPod in the car on long trips anyway. Cheap and good enough.

This photo is from my SC, but this setup works very well in the RX as well, and allows the iPod to be positioned in any convenient place so it's easy to use the controls on the iPod itself and even to see the screen readout. Of course, the volume controls on the steering wheel always control the audio.
Attached Thumbnails IPod-ipod-in-sc430-on-stalk.jpg  
Old 07-20-06, 09:43 AM
srashid
Driver

tfischer, that pic of your SC interior is interesting. I wish the RX also had a separate display for the A/C settings so you can glance over and see what they are set too without pressing 'CLIMATE' first.
Old 07-20-06, 09:49 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that is the same unit as the Vais SLI. Vais is a CL vendor and recently had a group buy on their unit for $209. in any case, here is the link: http://www.vaistech.com/sli.html

i recently did an install on my RX and GS and yes, it does work also supports an AUX unit. you cannot play video from a Video iPod; the only connectors are RCA jacks for the iPod, no Video is translated to the car.

here are some install instructions i posted as well: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=227901
Old 07-20-06, 12:59 PM
jamesfabin
Driver

Default iPod

I work at CarTV and last year we researched the available iPod adapters and voted the Neo Ion as our choice. Depending on your model, you can also watch video from an iPod Video. Here is a short video showing a very high level installation of the product:

http://www.cartv.com/content/researc...L/vcat/Car_Tip

We're going to doing another video soon for a recommendation based on the products available now, 1 year later. Which ever solution we select, I'll be installing it into my RX350 and documenting the installation on video.

James