RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

2005 Rx330 (Floor Carpet Cover) retaining clip loose RECALL!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-06, 10:46 PM
Lextranny
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2005 Rx330 (Floor Carpet Cover) retaining clip loose RECALL!!!

Did anyone else got this recall notice? This sucks! Why is Lexus having so many recalls? Is Lexus quality going down?
Old 08-23-06, 05:19 AM
crosborne
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, a carpet clip is loose and it’s the end of Lexus. They'll never survive such a major safety problem.

If that were a car from another company you most likely wouldn't have even received a recall or anything. How many RX330s were made in 2005? This is Lexus’ best selling vehicle with around the range of 60-70 thousand units made. That’s a lot of chances to have defects. Nothing produced in mass numbers is defect free anywhere.

Relax, that sky isn’t falling, Lexus quality isn’t declining and RECALL!! In the title is going overboard. Lexus does not equal perfect, but I challenge you to find a better car a company, in this price range, that takes care of its customers as well as Lexus.
Old 08-23-06, 05:33 AM
rxdriver
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

With another brand, the carpet would burst into flames and burn your garage and house down with it. That's because there's only a thin piece of mylar film between the carpet and the floor, which in turn has both wiring harnesses and a fuel line attached. And the wiring is always energized, even if the key is turned off.
Seriously, Lexus probably wouldn't recall it either if the problem was in any other location except for near the gas pedal. It's theoretically possible for the trim and carpet to come loose and interfere with the gas pedal's operation, although there have been no complaints to that effect. This is a pretty extreme example of proactive action by Lexus (which is good), although it is the fifth recall for the 2004 RX 330, which makes it look worse than it is.
Old 08-23-06, 09:06 AM
32kcolors
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crosborne
If that were a car from another company you most likely wouldn't have even received a recall or anything.
I definitely agree. I can't tell you how many things became loose in the Mustangs we had. Other car manufacturers would be recalling everyday if they were to be like Lexus.
Old 08-23-06, 12:27 PM
Orzel
Lead Lap

Default Clip recall

Got one (recall notice) too, no big deal. We have an 05 and I figure that the next time I take it in for service, I'll ask to have it taken care of. I suspect that were this brand X, it's highly doubtful that we'd ever hear of this issue. Lexus quality control is not falling apart - they are just proactive in getting things done. I, for one, appreciate their attention to detail from the buying through the ownership and service - besides, my wife likes their chocolates!
Old 08-25-06, 04:10 PM
RXGOLD
Rookie

Originally Posted by 32kcolors
I definitely agree. I can't tell you how many things became loose in the Mustangs we had. Other car manufacturers would be recalling everyday if they were to be like Lexus.
You can't compare american cars vs. foreign cars. Is like comparing rotten apples vs. good apples.
Old 08-29-06, 12:51 PM
DaveJ
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can someone please describe the recall and which clip needs replacement? Do you know the recall number? Thanks.
Old 08-30-06, 03:26 PM
vazirani
Driver School Candidate

Default Recall notice on 2005RX330

Hi all,

I am a new member here but just want to add my 2 cents worth. I got a recall notice on my car as well but it turned out to be a pretty good experience. I took my car over to the dealer and in addition to replacing the clips, they also washed the car and more importantly filled up the gas.

I don't see any reason to complain.

-Sanjay
Old 08-31-06, 10:46 AM
Homer742
Driver School Candidate

I too received a recall notice (2004 RX330) and when I brought my car for service the other day, they fixed the clips.
Old 08-31-06, 11:35 AM
Dinomon
Pole Position

I also took mine to get the recall clips fixed, dealership gave me a loaner (ES) and washed my RX. Good deal.. btw, I put 200 miles on the loaner.
Old 08-31-06, 11:50 AM
DaveJ
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't receive a recall notice. But since my carpeting was recently replaced I may already have the new clips. Can someone tell me what to check for?
Old 08-31-06, 03:49 PM
RXGOLD
Rookie

Originally Posted by vazirani
Hi all,

I am a new member here but just want to add my 2 cents worth. I got a recall notice on my car as well but it turned out to be a pretty good experience. I took my car over to the dealer and in addition to replacing the clips, they also washed the car and more importantly filled up the gas.

I don't see any reason to complain.

-Sanjay
Which dealership do you go to? Hard to believe they will fill up the gas for you.
By default....every Lexus dealership washes your car!
Old 08-31-06, 07:52 PM
LophatRX
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Lexus dealer quality

Ironically, when ever I have taken my Rx to the dealer that is less than 20 minutes from me, they have always treated me better, filled my tank included and never had to fill my loaner car ever.

At the dealer I bought the car, which is nearly and hour and half from me, and paid a prepaid service package, they make me wait, usually includes a shuttle to the nearest mall, for the basic services, and the last time I had the 30,000 mile service, they gave me a loaner, that they made me fill up and didn't even fill mine up and cost me nearly an extra 300 dollars, cause it was one of the big services. If I hadn't gotten that prepaid service, which does save me some money, but doesn't save me the headaches , I would just stay with the dealer that is closer to me.
Old 09-01-06, 10:35 PM
Lextranny
Lead Lap

Thanks everyone for your replies....it just drives me nuts everytime I see a recall notice in the mail.. This is not the first recall I got. I also got a radiator recall a couple of months ago. Well, hopefully there ain't a recall on the engine or tranny. Knock on wood....
Old 10-20-06, 11:37 PM
Lextranny
Lead Lap

Alright...guys...I brought my car to the dealer this morning for the recall. My question is....how do you know if they replaced the clip with the new one?

It looks identical to the one I had before.

Quick Reply: 2005 Rx330 (Floor Carpet Cover) retaining clip loose RECALL!!!