RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Overrides

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-06, 08:04 PM
2puppies
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overrides

Before purchasing my RX350, I read the various forums and learned about all the overrides. Having previously owned an Acura, I was especially interested in the bluetooth, navigation, and seatbelt warning overrides. However, once I got my vehicle, I found that none of them work. People on other sites have already said that they work on some cars and not on others.

Are they specific for the AWD? I purchased a FWD. Or is it possible Lexus just changed their override procedures because people had learned of them? I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason as to why they work on some 350's and not on others.

I'm really anxious to get the navigation and bluetooth overrides in particular changed. Can anyone help?
Old 09-18-06, 08:17 PM
32kcolors
Pole Position

The NAV hack works in my FWD RX350.
Old 09-19-06, 09:06 PM
jerrsRX350
Rookie

The Nav hack works on my RX 350 AWD too. I don't know what the over-rides are for Bluetooth and the seatbelt thing.
Old 09-21-06, 12:12 AM
tailchaser
Driver School Candidate

We just bought a 2007 RX 350 AWD (made in Japan), and also cannot get the NAV hack to work. Anybody else have the same experience? I wonder if it has anything to do with where your Lexus was built?
Old 09-21-06, 05:31 AM
JorgeGVB
Driver

Nav hacks are discussed in this thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...highlight=hack
Old 09-21-06, 12:02 PM
richlexus
Driver School Candidate

we recently picked up our RX350 and it does not work on ours either. ours was built in canda. on the loaner we had prior to picking up ours, it worked just fine. i think with the very recent rx's the temp hack does not work anymore. anyone else we a new RX350 able to get this to work?
Old 09-21-06, 12:15 PM
32kcolors
Pole Position

Oh crap, looks like Lexus caught on it and changed it. I'm sure there's a new series of step to get into it and someone will figure it out. Technicians still need to access the diagnostic menu.
Old 09-21-06, 12:25 PM
32kcolors
Pole Position

Who wants to be the first one to find the Eastern Egg on this new breed of RX350?
Old 09-21-06, 03:59 PM
2puppies
Driver School Candidate

i would think there would be some technicians out there in cyberland that would be willing to share the information. I was so disgusted yesterday; I had a passenger in my car, and when we pulled up to a light, we did a search on nearby restaurants. I didn't realize until I started driving that it doesn't even show the results of the search while you're driving; I thought it was just inputting that wasn't allowed. This is definitely one advantage that Acura has over Lexus!

Thanks for the replies. At least I know it's not me and I won't spend any more hours trying these overrides.
Old 09-26-06, 12:41 AM
Sonartech
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2puppies
i would think there would be some technicians out there in cyberland that would be willing to share the information. I was so disgusted yesterday; I had a passenger in my car, and when we pulled up to a light, we did a search on nearby restaurants. I didn't realize until I started driving that it doesn't even show the results of the search while you're driving; I thought it was just inputting that wasn't allowed. This is definitely one advantage that Acura has over Lexus!

Thanks for the replies. At least I know it's not me and I won't spend any more hours trying these overrides.
That's too bad. I could use a little help in this endeavor...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=sonartech

For what it's worth, the seat belt override works fine, it's just extremely time-sensitive. It works on brand-new 350's as well as the one I bought 3 months ago. The procedure's fully documented on the TechInfo site and is valid for ALL RX-350's.

As for the the other "primary" hacks, they've been covered in detail in a number of different threads. For example, this one covers watching DVD's in motion as well as using the other Menu functions (phone book, music folder browsing, calendar, etc...) while in motion:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=226825

I don't have ML audio, so I didn't need to do the parking brake hacks - only the VSS hack (remove VSS pin 20). I've executed and successfully completed the following hacks on my RX-350:
  • Added a switch to the DRL's allowing me to turn them off
  • Removed VSS Pin 20 from the M5 connector to enable use of the other non-Nav menu functions while moving
  • Used the odometer "b-on" / "b-off" seat belt buzzer disable feature to turn them off
  • I use the Nav "Over Ride" option in the v5.1 firmware to allow me to use the Nav system while moving.
  • Added XM-Radio using the VaisTech add-on unit

I think that's it. After all this, my RX-350 is "wide open" and gives me no grief whatsoever. Hopefully you'll have more success going forward as you explore the forum, because I could sure use a little help trying to find out where Denso moved the Service menu to in the v6.1 Firmware. Until we figure that out, you could just force your Nav unit to load the v5.1 firmware which does have the Over Ride in the usual place as I described in a previous post.

SonarTech
Old 09-26-06, 05:23 AM
JorgeGVB
Driver

Originally Posted by richlexus
we recently picked up our RX350 and it does not work on ours either. ours was built in canda. on the loaner we had prior to picking up ours, it worked just fine. i think with the very recent rx's the temp hack does not work anymore. anyone else we a new RX350 able to get this to work?
The Nav hack does not work on my RX either.
Old 09-26-06, 06:52 AM
32kcolors
Pole Position

Why would you do the seatbelt override? To get rid of the beeps so you don't have to wear a seatbelt?
Old 09-26-06, 08:12 AM
2puppies
Driver School Candidate

Sonartech:

Thanks so much for all the work you're doing on this. I can tell you're enjoying this as well. I've been following your posts on the tips, tricks, etc. forum and am amused at your note to the Denso techs. I'm sure if anybody can figure this out, you can. I even tried to bribe the Lexus servicepeople when I took it in to have XM radio installed. No go.

I also took the liberty of sharing a link to the forum on tips, tricks, etc. on the Lexus Owner's Club site as well, being that the threads on that site mimic this one.
Old 09-26-06, 12:27 PM
jamesfabin
Driver

Default Video & Instructions for Lexus Overrides

Check out this link:

http://www.cartv.com/content/researc.../vcat/Car_Tip/

It's a video showing one of the many Lexus Overrides - it also includes instructions below for different generation/models.
Old 09-26-06, 12:41 PM
32kcolors
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sonartech
Hopefully you'll have more success going forward as you explore the forum, because I could sure use a little help trying to find out where Denso moved the Service menu to in the v6.1 Firmware. Until we figure that out, you could just force your Nav unit to load the v5.1 firmware which does have the Over Ride in the usual place as I described in a previous post.
So the search for the Eastern Egg is still on. Is a firmware DVD the same as the update DVD? If in a few years down the road you update the NAV using a future update DVD that has the same features as v6.1, you'll lose the NAV hack/override capability?

Quick Reply: Overrides