RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

New RX350 Owner Challenges

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-06, 07:22 PM
Igloo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New RX350 Owner Challenges

I acquired the car in May and still have a number of ongoing challenges which I'd appreciate help solving:

1. Is there a kill switch for the Nav System (Guidance Mode) when the guidance system continues speaking for a day or two after I've reached the set destination? It acknowledged reaching the original destination, and then just kept on going with strange new directions. It keeps going when the screen is turned off. I've even tried shutting the engine off (in traffic) to reset the Nav System, to no avail. And the "I Agree" just keeps coming at me. Quite a distraction. Is there a safety overide which can be used?

2. The engine has a resonance when cruising in OD at 1,750 RPM at 100 KPH. Gearing down 4D to 4 (increasing the RPM) stops the problem but cruising at 100 KPH in OD is what I usually do for fuel efficiency. The dealer can't recognize the issue...is it a design flaw?

3. The right front seat belt chatters when not in use. The dealer reversed the male buckle, now it chatters more loudly. I'd appreciate any thoughts about the installation.

4. The RX 350 is my first SUV and it is noisier inside than my other car, a 2000 Toyota Avalon (the best car I've ever driven). The RX 350 doesn't seem to be as tight and we're still chasing down fitting issues in there rear cargo area. Is this normal for an SUV?

Comments or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 09-30-06, 08:41 PM
Pavepilot
Driver School Candidate

I too have a strange engine resonance at 1800 - 2000 RPM on my 2007 RX350AWD through the pedal assembly and drivers side floor board.
I thought maybe it was the AC line TSB associated with the 2004 - 2006 RX330's but, the dealer said my 2007 has the newer part installed already. Is anyone else experencing this problem?

BTW I drove a 2WD 2007 RX350 loaner that did not have this problem.
Old 09-30-06, 10:52 PM
32kcolors
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Igloo
Is there a kill switch for the Nav System (Guidance Mode) when the guidance system continues speaking for a day or two after I've reached the set destination? It acknowledged reaching the original destination, and then just kept on going with strange new directions. It keeps going when the screen is turned off. I've even tried shutting the engine off (in traffic) to reset the Nav System, to no avail.
Have you tried deleting the destination? Touch "Route," then "Delete."
Old 10-01-06, 06:51 PM
initiald
Driver School Candidate

Is your RX made in Canada or Japan?
Old 10-01-06, 08:42 PM
Pavepilot
Driver School Candidate

Mine was made in Canada.
Old 10-02-06, 05:32 PM
Igloo
Driver School Candidate

"initiald" My RX 350 was made in Canada in April 2006.

"32 kcolors" Thanks for the Nav advice..I'll try it. I'm still waiting for the Quick Start Nav Manual which has been ordered by the dealer after I complained.

Last edited by Igloo; 10-02-06 at 05:40 PM. Reason: additional response
Old 10-02-06, 06:53 PM
c4posey
Driver School Candidate

Interesting stuff boys. I hear little rattles in the back and found most of it gone when I got rid of that stupid privacy shade. Unfortunately, I use the thing everyday for clubs so I gotta deal w/ it. But all other rattles I think are suv related.
I was wondering if anyone ever had my only real problem. I was washin and waxin the other night while listening to a cd. When I came back down w/ a cold one, the wipers were in the on position on the windshield and the car was dead all around. This is the 1st time it happened although I have washed multiple times w/ the radio on. After about 20 min. all systems came back on. Weird huh?
Old 10-03-06, 04:14 PM
Igloo
Driver School Candidate

I have progressively removed all removable equipment from the rear cargo area to eliminate the rattles. In the end the dealer identified the privacy shield latches as the culprit and glued felt pads in place to stop them rattling. That improved the noise that was coming from the rear doorframe post, but it hasn't completedly cured it.

Do all the front right seat belts rattle against the side molding when not in use?
Old 10-03-06, 07:51 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Igloo
"initiald" My RX 350 was made in Canada in April 2006.

"32 kcolors" Thanks for the Nav advice..I'll try it. I'm still waiting for the Quick Start Nav Manual which has been ordered by the dealer after I complained.
32K is right on target - for some reason the Lexus nav system does not clear the destination routing even after it recognizes you got there. You have to clear the routing manually (but the destination still can stay as a memory point).

You might also want to check some of your settings - there is one that turns off that very verbose "Please say the..." every time you push talk -that drives me up the wall!

If you are missing a manual - go to the official www.lexus.com website and register your vehicle. You can then go a list of manual chapters and stuff in .pdf format. You can save the files and/or print them out.
Old 10-04-06, 05:53 AM
JorgeGVB
Driver

Originally Posted by SilverLady
32K is right on target - for some reason the Lexus nav system does not clear the destination routing even after it recognizes you got there. You have to clear the routing manually (but the destination still can stay as a memory point).
I think the main reason for that is if you stop for gas, you would not want to reprogram your destination. So if you change your selected destination, you need to cancel it out.