RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Best all weather mats.....??

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-06, 07:52 AM
Ms350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best all weather mats.....??

I planned to use my Lexus Pursuits points for some nice Lexus all weather mats for my new RX. We are coming into the rainy seasons in the Pacific NW and I've learned it may be 6 weeks or so before I actually get my points. I have purchased some generic ones to get me by but have decided not to risk it and just buy some that fully protect the floors now.

I would want something that stays in place, provides as complete coverage as possible but doesn't look cheap and cheesy.

I am trying to decide between the Lexus Mats or the Weathertech. I've done a search and it seems the Weathertech ones are popular. Are these worth the 150.00++ price tag? Does anyone have these in Gray? If so, how well do they match the gray in the RX? Do they really fit as well as the pictures appear?

I also like the fact that the Weathertech ones run all the way across in the back but honestly, I rarely have anyone back there. I would probably get by fine with the Lexus ones, It would only take once though to mess it up

I haven't seen much in detail of the Lexus ones, I did see some at the Dealership for other models and they didn't seem like anything special for 125.00, but maybe they provide a better fit and color match than the other brands?

Any opinions or experience with either (or others) is appreciated!
Old 10-15-06, 08:05 AM
JorgeGVB
Driver

I bought the WeatherTech Floorliners about 2 months ago. I am very happy with them. The fit and style are excellent. They are designed to use the floor hooks, so they stay in place and are easy to remove to clean.

I also have the light gray interior. I didn't think the gray color swatches matched up well as shown on the WeatherTech site, so I went with black. My dashboard is charcoal gray, so I think the black looks pretty good offsetting the light gray.
Old 10-15-06, 09:14 AM
TripleDES
Pole Position

Jorge, do you have pictures by any chance? I purchased the all weather mats for the RX, but the wife does not approve simply because they are black and don't match the interior (gray). The Lexus mats sit in the trunk waiting to be returned.

Perhaps if I can get a picture of what black mats look with the gray interior, I can convince her to keep them.
Old 10-15-06, 09:25 AM
32kcolors
Pole Position

Why not get charcoal gray instead of black? That way, something will still match for your wife.
Old 10-15-06, 10:31 AM
Ms350
Rookie

I would love to have visuals too...of any of the mats!
Old 10-15-06, 01:08 PM
JorgeGVB
Driver

Originally Posted by TripleDES
Jorge, do you have pictures by any chance? I purchased the all weather mats for the RX, but the wife does not approve simply because they are black and don't match the interior (gray). The Lexus mats sit in the trunk waiting to be returned.

Perhaps if I can get a picture of what black mats look with the gray interior, I can convince her to keep them.
Here you go Matt. I took these this afternoon for you.
Attached Thumbnails Best all weather mats.....??-front-small.jpg  

Last edited by JorgeGVB; 10-15-06 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-15-06, 01:08 PM
JorgeGVB
Driver

Backseat 1-piece mat
Attached Thumbnails Best all weather mats.....??-rear-small.jpg  

Last edited by JorgeGVB; 10-15-06 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-15-06, 05:53 PM
jerrsRX350
Rookie

I have the beige Weathertech mats and am happy I decided not to buy the Lexus mats. Lexus didn't have a beige mat for the rear area.
Old 10-15-06, 06:24 PM
TripleDES
Pole Position

Thanks Jorge. Those look excellent!! Now if I could only get my wife to agree.
Old 10-15-06, 09:59 PM
Ms350
Rookie

Jorge... I agree with Matt, they look great!

The black looks to be a nice contrast to the light gray, and although the mats appear slightly darker than the color of the dash, they don't look too different.

Thanks for posting pictures, I will show my Husband and get his opinion since he's steering me towards the gray.
Old 10-16-06, 05:16 AM
JorgeGVB
Driver

Thanks, I am glad you like how it looks! Although the black is a shade darker than the dashboard, it looks to me that the gray WeatherTech Floorliner is the wrong of shade gray and would not match very well. My opinion was the contrasting black mats would look better than the wrong color gray. I am very happy with the look. My wife was very pleased the first time she saw it too.
Old 10-17-06, 07:14 AM
zgar
Driver School Candidate

Default Weathertech

I just received the grey ones. Still have to open and unpack them tho, so can't confirm if colors are off or not.
I'll try to take pics and post soon.
Old 10-17-06, 07:21 AM
TripleDES
Pole Position

I ended up returning the Lexus all weather mats in exchange for clear plastic covers. My wife insisted since we're in SoCal, the weather didn't warrant the rubber mats. The plastic covers are fitted perfectly for the carpet mats. I suppose if it rains, I can just give them a quick wipe down.
Old 10-17-06, 07:31 AM
lok888
Pole Position

I have the Lexus All-Weather mats. They are thicker and heavier than the Toyota All-Weather mats I used own. It will perfect for New England weather. Too bad that they are in black and I have gray interior. I think they used to have dark gray all-weather mats for like ''04 to '05 RX330 with gray interior.
Old 10-17-06, 10:35 PM
zgar
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by zgar
I just received the grey ones. Still have to open and unpack them tho, so can't confirm if colors are off or not.
I'll try to take pics and post soon.
Finally opened the package and the mats are dark grey, not light grey!

Already called Weathertech to get an RMA so I can replace them with black ones.

Quick Reply: Best all weather mats.....??