RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Can we bypass the CAUTIONS message in Navi when we start up the car

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-06 | 12:07 AM
khoaly000
Driver School Candidate

Default Can we bypass the CAUTIONS message in Navi when we start up the car

I get tired of touching I AGREE on the Nav each time I start up the Engine.
Does anyone know how to shut it off or by pass it so that when I start up the car, it goes directly to the Map or Radio ?
Thanks
Dave
Old 11-02-06 | 06:31 AM
RX_brain
Rookie

Sorry, there's no known way to bypass the disclaimer on the Nav screen. I try not to read it, I just think of it as a power on for the Nav. I am not sure if it's the same way for other Lexus models.
Old 11-02-06 | 07:19 AM
TripleDES
Pole Position

I know there is a hack for the Toyota Prius, which has a similar navigation system. However, I'm not sure if the hack can transcend to Lexus.

It's a pain in the butt at first, but you eventually get used to tapping that darn warning and it becomes second nature.
Old 11-02-06 | 07:59 AM
lok888
Pole Position

I don't like it too. It would be better just to show that CAUTION page for few seconds after initializing then show the map as default setting. Safey or liability concerns? Then why don't they contiune the seat belt chime until it is fasten and not disappear within 30 seconds or so?
Old 11-02-06 | 09:39 AM
32kcolors
Pole Position

There's a couple of devices on the market that'll bypass it for you, but it depends on what generation NAV you have.
Old 11-02-06 | 09:51 AM
Ken's_RX
Driver School Candidate

There is a website at: http://www.coastaletech.com/ that says they will have a bypass for the RX350 soon.

-Ken
Old 11-02-06 | 10:04 AM
lok888
Pole Position

So this LOCKPICK will override the "I Agree" screen and to allow input destination while the vehicle is in gear or motion and perhaps override some Bluetooth features like some mentioned before, right? I watched the demo video. $100 isn't that bad at all, I guess.
Old 11-02-06 | 09:53 PM
khoaly000
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Ken's RX

Hey Ken,
It is great website, thank you for posting that link. It's awsome.
I wonder if we buy the kit, can we share it around with other cars or only one kit for one car ?
Thanks.
Dave.
Old 11-03-06 | 05:36 AM
Ken's_RX
Driver School Candidate

I would think it is a wiring harness insert of some kind that would install in one car. I hope they get the RX350 model out soon, as I'm also getting tired of having to stop the car to (..have my passenger..) enter destination info.

I emailed them yesterday for any updates on the RX350, but have not heard back from them. I'll keep you updated when I hear from them.

-Ken
Old 11-09-06 | 09:44 AM
eli104
Driver School Candidate

From what I understand, it must be a wiring thing. I spoke with Lexus when we bought our RX330 and asked why, if the seat belt and airbag indicator was smart enough to know when there's a passenger in the right seat, the Nav system couldn't also know that and just allow for the passenger to do the entries. They didn't have an answer....
Old 11-13-06 | 01:26 PM
puddintane
Driver School Candidate

we have enough distractions while driving; just get over it; pull over to change input specs; I'm tired of being tailgated by people on the cellphone, people drinking coffee, but at least they can keep their eyes on the road, unlike NAV fiddlers
Old 11-13-06 | 01:58 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Originally Posted by eli104
. . . if the seat belt and airbag indicator was smart enough to know when there's a passenger in the right seat, the Nav system couldn't also know that and just allow for the passenger to do the entries.
I'm sure this is a huge liability issue for car makers, and as annoying as it is. I thought about this when I first took delivery of my RX - and I have no real idea why this seemingly obvious feature isn't there, but it's probably related to not knowing whose finger is doing the screen poking, despite the presence of a passenger.

Last edited by Lil4X; 11-13-06 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-14-06 | 12:14 PM
LCB
Driver School Candidate

I think we should have to hit the agree button to change the AC, access the windshield wipers, change a CD, turn the radio channel, turn up the volume, to access the glove compartment, to roll back the sunroof, turn on the interior lights, etc.

After all, they are equally as difficult and distracting...

Worst aspect of Lexus cars by far.
Old 11-14-06 | 01:03 PM
TripleDES
Pole Position

Here's the list of features:

The ULTIMATE LOCKPICK is the "ULTIMATE" in unblocking technology. It will automatically detect the environment and accessories present in you car, and UNLOCK THEM ALL.
If you have a Navigation system in your car it will:

Remove "I AGREE" screen

Allow you to INPUT DESTINATIONS and search addresses while in motion (you will no longer have to stop to allow even your passenger to find an address)

Allow you to DIAL your BLUETOOTH PHONE from the front screen while in motion

Allow you to use the touch screen to move and SCROLL around the MAP VIEW while the car is in motion (you will no longer have to touch the screen over and over to move around the map on the screen)

Turn on the PICTURE button for your TOYOTA OR LEXUS FACTORY DVD PLAYER, REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, OR 6 DISK DVD CHANGER. Just a simple button press on your screen will fully UNLOCK the picture function.
CLICK HERE TO SEE IT WORK WITH A FACTORY DVD!!

Don't have a factory DVD player? No Problem. The ULTIMATE LOCKPICK can TURN ON YOUR VIDEO AND AUDIO INPUTS for use with an aftermarket DVD player, Video iPOD, or custom computer installation. No need for adapters. Just plug in simple video or audio for a full multimedia experience.

Have a screen but don't have factory navigation? NO PROBLEM. The ULTIMATE LOCKPICK will still UNLOCK THE VIDEO AND AUDIO INPUTS OF YOUR BASIC SCREEN. This can allow you to install your own navigation or multi-media system even in basic factory vehicles.

As as added bonus *** The ULTIMATE LOCKPICK now provides support for the new 2007 XM TUNER *** Connect the new 2007 XM tuner to your XM ready TOYOTA/LEXUS and the LOCKPICK will unlock all 16 CHARACTERS OF TEXT FOR YOUR SCREEN. (without it, the 2004-2005 and most 2006 screens will only show 10) - No more half titles : )

The ULTIMATE LOCKPICK 1 will also unlock your FM radio TEXT MESSAGES. Now you can press the MSG button and view SONG, ARTIST and related information continuously viewed and updated while you drive!!
And HERE'S a list of supported vehicles.

There's even a demo video that explains how this "hack" works.