RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Anyone Consider 2007 Acura MDX?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-06, 03:36 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kan-O-Z
Here is a review by an editor of the RX350 under heavy snow condtions. The editor was pretty impressed with the RX350. Also note that they mention the 50/50 split of the AWD system.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/roadtest/07rx350.htm

Kan-O-Z

Here's the same guy's review of the 2007 MDX ... he doesn't talk about snow handling -- http://www.luxurycarcanada.com/featu...%20Acura%20MDX
Old 12-20-06, 03:56 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It is time to close this topic down? I think we all should just agree that both MDX and RX do well in the snow, as well as anyone can dig up reviewers commenting on it not doing so well in the snow. Different conditions, different drivers, different circumstance. We all know for a fact the manufacturers have already extensively tested these vehicles in snow conditions and they wouldn't release a product that couldn't handle it. There are too many good reviews for both cars that contradict the handling of the bad reviews. Who is right?

Keep the discussion civil or it will get locked.
Old 12-21-06, 06:41 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Here are the pics of what the interior on mine will look like ... if anyone is interested.

Old 12-21-06, 08:08 PM
GoodDrivin
Driver School Candidate

Default nice car

Your mdx sure looks nice. My wife really wanted a white car, but the light gray bumper on the mdx just seemed to clash with the pearl white (didn't the rx use to do that?). Acura does have the better white though. That crystal white just doesn't seem as nice as the acura pearl white, which doesn't seem as nice as my original 2001 pathfinder pearl white. I do think if they get rid of the gray bumper, then we have a winner. I really like the shape of the mdx and also the wheels. Enjoy your car.
Old 12-21-06, 08:10 PM
GoodDrivin
Driver School Candidate

Default where's the res?

I looked over ur car again and can't believe u didn't get the res! That's like the coolest part about the mdx. The front loaded dvd is awesome I think. Don't know why rx can't have that. Guess u don't have kids... lol.
Old 12-21-06, 08:12 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GoodDrivin
Your mdx sure looks nice. My wife really wanted a white car, but the light gray bumper on the mdx just seemed to clash with the pearl white (didn't the rx use to do that?). Acura does have the better white though. That crystal white just doesn't seem as nice as the acura pearl white, which doesn't seem as nice as my original 2001 pathfinder pearl white. I do think if they get rid of the gray bumper, then we have a winner. I really like the shape of the mdx and also the wheels. Enjoy your car.
Thanks ... yeah, I didn't like the gray bumper on the lighter exteriors either. Looks good on the dark ones ... especially with the front garnish accessory.
Old 12-21-06, 08:17 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GoodDrivin
I looked over ur car again and can't believe u didn't get the res! That's like the coolest part about the mdx. The front loaded dvd is awesome I think. Don't know why rx can't have that. Guess u don't have kids... lol.
When it came down to it ... it wasn't worth $2200 to me ... with the ENTERTAINMENT package you get -- rear heated seats, DVD, and power liftgate.

I rarely ever used my power liftgate on the RX, but I will note the one on the MDX operates a little quicker when I tested it out. I am single so won't have a lot of passengers ... at least not enough to warrant the rear heaters imho. If I want a DVD player I can put one in later with headrest screens for cheaper. At least that's what I figured.

One other little quirk ... with the ENTERTAINMENT package, you don't get the audio jack in the console for the iPod ... you can hook it up right behind there in the back console, but for some reason they delete the one inside the console. I've been told b/c they added an A/C outlet right near there for plugging in game systems and the like.
Old 12-21-06, 08:21 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Mine will actually look like this (minus the roof rack for now) ...

The rims on the other one I posted are accessories (19" chrome-like rims) and only come with a summer tire for now ... if they get a decent all-season that fits them, I might add them later.
Old 12-21-06, 08:27 PM
GoodDrivin
Driver School Candidate

Default ahh, the single life

wait till you have kids, then u'll know why the front loading dvd is so nice. actually it makes perfect sense to include the power lift gate with the dvd, when you need one, you'll also be needing the other.
Old 12-21-06, 08:33 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Having the DVD loading up front makes the area where the screen is much less bulky as well. The screen is up against the roof nicely when folded up ... hardly even notice it.
Old 12-21-06, 08:35 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Husker4the
I just closed the deal on an MDX ...

I'm picking up the MDX on Saturday ... hoping all goes well.
Congrats on the MDX. I will be swapping out my 02 MDX in a few years and the 2nd gen MDX will definitely be one of the contenders. Since you have been researching and now an owner, I assume you know about www.acuramdx.org.

When it came down to it ... it wasn't worth $2200 to me ... with the ENTERTAINMENT package you get -- rear heated seats, DVD, and power liftgate.

If I want a DVD player I can put one in later with headrest screens for cheaper. At least that's what I figured.
One issue with adding on later is integration. Unless you are swapping out the whole audio section, integration is usually not as nice as OEM.

The rims on the other one I posted are accessories (19" chrome-like rims) and only come with a summer tire for now ... if they get a decent all-season that fits them, I might add them later.
OEM rims rarely do it for me. Look into aftermarket. There should be more options.
Old 12-21-06, 08:38 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Thanks for the link, but yes I've already been monkeying around over there plenty I'm excited to have something a little more sporty. I'm sure there will be plenty I miss about my RX ... which I will let people here know about.
Old 12-21-06, 11:48 PM
TunedRX300
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
OEM rims rarely do it for me. Look into aftermarket. There should be more options.
I agree, rims plus tires upgrade from 255/55R18 all-season would be popular mod. Old MDX also has more aftermarket mods selections than RX despite RX hold the volume advantage.
Old 12-22-06, 08:43 AM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

I agree ... I do like the OEM rims on the above pic though ... look nice in person! I'll be happy with what I have for now
Old 12-22-06, 10:56 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree ... I do like the OEM rims on the above pic though ... look nice in person! I'll be happy with what I have for now
No doubt. Staying with what comes with the car is not a big deal since it is "free". It is when you have to spend more for the OEM accessory wheels that gives me pause.

Quick Reply: Anyone Consider 2007 Acura MDX?