RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Sales experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-07, 08:09 AM
wmb0000
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sales experience

Hi

I bought my RX350 a month ago and the sale experiece isn't that great. At first I went throught the internet department, but since I have a trade in they let a sale person handle my sale.

My sale guy is ok answer my question seem like a nice guy but the problem is he never return my call when I was waiting for my car. I have a great experience with everyone else including the sale manager.

Anyway, I pick up my car and the dealership call and ask me how my experience went. I said everything was excellent except my sale guy is not that good. They ask me to call them again when I receive the survey and they will make it right for me.

Do you guys think it's out of line to ask for some accessories for my RX then I will be willing to give an excellent on everyone on the survey ? Looking for a cargo tray and all weather mat
Old 01-10-07, 08:29 AM
steiner
Driver

"They will do it right for me"

That is a code word for they will compensate you with something. And I don't think it would be out of line to ask for what you want at that point. BTW I did ask for the exact same items on your list (and windows tint) and I got everything I asked for as soon as I opened my mouth.
Old 01-10-07, 08:58 AM
lok888
Pole Position

wmb0000 - Which one did you get RX from? I got mine from Lexus of Watertown. My sales experience was great in term of the pricing, other services are considered slightly above average.
Old 01-10-07, 09:38 AM
wmb0000
Pole Position

I also got mine at Lexus of Watertown.

My is the opposite of yours. My sale guy is ok but everyone else was great. I left my sale guy like 4 voicemail and he never return anyone of them. That is not acceptable to me, so I rate the sale experience poor when the dealership call and ask me.
Old 01-11-07, 07:16 AM
Grumpa72
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not wait and see what they offer first? J

ust playing devil's advocate here but what are you gaining by doing this? You like your car, right? Apparently you were miffed when he didn't return a call but, otherwise, yours sales experience was ok. Did you call them back?

I know in my dealings with Lexus and Acura that they live and die by the customer complaints. I got chewed out by the Acura service manager because I asked them to change the engine oil (yes!) in the manual gearbox to synthetic when I had some warranty work done. He commented that there wasn't any difference between synthetic and dino based. Needless to say, my report was not flattering. I no longer use them by the way - still have the car.

Gary
Old 01-11-07, 08:38 AM
lok888
Pole Position

wmb0000 - I tell what? I had been doing on Edmunds.com and had sent emails to several dealers in MA for RX350, AWD, Prem. Plus and Navigation. Lexus Watertown (internet sales manager) didn't give me any price quote but said will give a best price. I've read $41K was the lowest back in August/September '06. So I just walked in and talked to the manager that I wanted to pay $40.8K for the car. He was hesitated for a while, but I insisted. Then it's deal. If I didn't know my ideal price, I wouldn't walk in and looked like a fool.
Old 01-11-07, 11:49 AM
wmb0000
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Grumpa72
Why not wait and see what they offer first? J

ust playing devil's advocate here but what are you gaining by doing this? You like your car, right? Apparently you were miffed when he didn't return a call but, otherwise, yours sales experience was ok. Did you call them back?

I know in my dealings with Lexus and Acura that they live and die by the customer complaints. I got chewed out by the Acura service manager because I asked them to change the engine oil (yes!) in the manual gearbox to synthetic when I had some warranty work done. He commented that there wasn't any difference between synthetic and dino based. Needless to say, my report was not flattering. I no longer use them by the way - still have the car.

Gary
I am hoping to gain a trunk tray and all weather mat.
Like I said I say the experience was ok, but they wanted me to put in all excellent, which I don't think is the case when dealing with my sale person. So I think they could make up to me by throwing in some free accessories for my car. That's all
Old 01-11-07, 01:31 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Make it right?

I'd suggest that you consider the service cost are pricey and wonder if you could get a discount on service or maybe a free 10k or 15k service.

Other options to consider is a free upgrade for your NAV in a year, all-weather mats or a cargo net.

I'd go after the service, if offered, as it is usually fairly costly if done at the Lexus dealer and it is not all the expensive to the dealer.
Old 01-13-07, 10:28 PM
jamesfabin
Driver

Default My Lexus Experience

I've purchased a number of cars - last year the 2007 Lexus RX350 was my second purchase that year and it was by far the best sales experience I've ever had. A local dealer located the vehicle I wanted and had it transported all the way back to Orange County so that I could see it in person and test drive it. Every option I mentioned was installed, and at pickup everything was there (except the Sirius Radio - that is the only negative part of the entire purchase, being sold Sirius, paying for Sirius, and not getting Sirius). I was very impressed with my experience at Lexus and will most certainlly be a Lexus customer again in the future. Lexus has proven to me that they are a true Luxury Company.

James