RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

VAIS sli problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-07 | 12:15 AM
X5toRX
Driver School Candidate

Default VAIS sli problem

..got my VAIS SLI ipod interface installed in my new RX today but having some issues with it...song title and artist name isnt showing in the NAV screen..instead its showing some of the songs title in the radio unit..anything wrong mayne in the installation? thanks for any info
Old 03-21-07 | 08:28 AM
joedaddy1
Racer

Originally Posted by X5toRX
..got my VAIS SLI ipod interface installed in my new RX today but having some issues with it...song title and artist name isnt showing in the NAV screen..instead its showing some of the songs title in the radio unit..anything wrong mayne in the installation? thanks for any info
what year is your RX?
i thought RX's can't display audio info on the NAV screen.. hence, no "AUDIO" button
Old 03-21-07 | 10:18 AM
X5toRX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by joedaddy1
what year is your RX?
i thought RX's can't display audio info on the NAV screen.. hence, no "AUDIO" button
i have an 08 RX which i just picked up yesterday, anway im going back to the dealer...i think they programed it wrong..they have to do it in CD-MP3 simulation..
Old 03-21-07 | 01:53 PM
PDXRX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by X5toRX
i have an 08 RX which i just picked up yesterday, anway im going back to the dealer...i think they programed it wrong..they have to do it in CD-MP3 simulation..
Yup, that's the problem. In CD mode it will display track info on the head unit; in CD-MP3 mode it will display it on the Audio screen of the NAV unit.

Hopefully they installed the Vaistech unit somewhere easy to get to - they have to flip two DIP switches on it to change the mode!

Good luck,

kb.
Old 03-21-07 | 02:19 PM
X5toRX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PDXRX
Yup, that's the problem. In CD mode it will display track info on the head unit; in CD-MP3 mode it will display it on the Audio screen of the NAV unit.

Hopefully they installed the Vaistech unit somewhere easy to get to - they have to flip two DIP switches on it to change the mode!

Good luck,

kb.
just got back from the dealership and everythings fixed now...i love how this thing works now and most of all LEXUS service is excellent..my salesman Eric Henson of Pleasanton Lexus is truly a gentleman and honest guy..I highly recommend him...I love my new RX...thanks everyone!!!
Old 04-09-07 | 02:35 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 100000

Originally Posted by PDXRX

Good luck,

kb.
?
can you put 2005 rx330s into cd-mp3 mode? or only 07 and up Rx350s? i had an vaistech unit put in today but the display is only on the radio not the nav screen.