RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

where do you get your oil changed?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-07, 10:30 AM
BBHanks
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bell Lexus in Phoenix is the nicest Lexus dealer that I have been in. Loaners,big waiting room with big wall mounted HD LCD tv's cookies,desserts,breakfast burritos and waiters in tuxedo's to greet you at the service entrance. Top notch dealer..
Old 05-04-07, 11:02 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Wow, waiters in tuxedos, is it a car dealer or country club?
Old 05-04-07, 01:28 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The dealership...JMLexus...no where else.
Old 05-05-07, 06:57 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by RXOwner
Yeah, my Lexus dealer (at least the two in my area that I know of) provide free soda fountain drinks, coffee (basic, latte, espresso), sandwiches during lunch time, donuts/bagels during breakfast time, plenty of televisions, magazines, wireless internet access, computer kiosks to check email or surf (if you don't have a laptop), we are all known as "guests", not "customers", and free bottled water and juices.

One of the dealers has even gone as far as to have custom bottles of free water (with a Lexus logo and their name/phone number). I wonder how much a logo'ed bottle of water will go for on eBay??
Oh yeah, I forgot to add a few other items to the above list:
  • Nice clothing for sale
  • Jewelry for sale
  • Handbags, gymbags, and similar accessories
  • Vdeo feed of the service area. One television shows the service area where you can watch your car brought in and worked on (not in detail, but you can see your car elevated or with the hood open)
Old 05-08-07, 10:58 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

I was over at the Nalley Lexus Galleria Smyrna today, they just built that. Nice real nice. Although, the parts department was in this end of the building, stowed away free and clear of Customers.......I wonder.....I tried to pick up a touch up paint....they do not have it???????? Wasted trip, I should have called before I headed that way.....but the service area was impeccable! I can not wait to have my car serviced....
Old 05-09-07, 09:49 AM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just my $0.02. While under Warranty I don't allow anyone except the Dealer to change the oil/filter. My Dealer picks up my RX, gives me another vehicle for the day (either another RX or an Is), completes the work and then drops the vehicle back to me either at my office or at home. The only time that I see a Dealership is when I'm buying a new vehicle!

Compared to when I owned my Audi this is heaven! The costs for this treatment are far lower than just driving to an Audi dealership and having the work done. This is one of the reasons that I now don't look beyond Lexus when buying a new car. Being part of the Toyota group is an advantage also. Australia is a big country with long distances between cities/towns. Lexus aren't in all smaller towns but they always have a Toyota dealership. They use the same parts anyway.
Old 05-09-07, 02:16 PM
mandyfig

Cars are delivered to your office in some cases where they too more time to work on the car....rarely does this happen. You can actually request it. Ordinarily, if it will take 4 hours, they would take you to your work and then pick you up. If it will take a day or so, they send you home with a loaner, typical here in the States on teh Luxury car dealers. But Lexus is the top of the line in terms of service. Acura follows and then Infinity, for Japanese cars, do not know about European Luxury cars....no experience on them.
Old 05-11-07, 04:00 PM
biff44
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

I just got a change at a toyota dealer, and had him install mobile 1 sythetic. I am seeing a 2.5 MPG improvement after the change!
Old 05-11-07, 08:58 PM
mandyfig

Is this right? 2.5 miles per gallon is more than 10% increase on a tranny lube change? Interesting.
Old 05-12-07, 12:41 AM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Is this right? 2.5 miles per gallon is more than 10% increase on a tranny lube change? Interesting.
I read his message as getting the 2.5 MPG increase after an engine oil change, not transmission.

Not inconceivable, however, I would like to see the average after a few tanks, which may have been the case, and nothing based off the trip computer. I regularly see that wide a change week-to-week just going back and forth around town and on a very predictable route. Depends on if I am running the air conditioning or what I have on the radio.

Would also want to know if you changed the weight of the oil. What was it before/after? Mobil 1 comes in 0W-20 and 5W-20, in addition to 0W-30, 5W-30 and 10W-30. If they used a lighter weight, the savings could be there as well.
Old 05-12-07, 05:05 AM
mandyfig

Sorry, my bad...oil change....2.5 miles assuming everything is the same is a lot of gain.
Old 05-12-07, 06:26 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

That sounds like too much gain. Anytime you change the oil, you will get some MPG gain, dino or synthetic . Synthetic will increase the life of your engine, if you plan to keep your car for 10 years, but many user of synthetic report that their is no MPG gain and very little horsepower gain.
Old 05-12-07, 11:41 AM
Lextranny
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I do my own oil change. I use Mobil 1 5w-30 synthetic. I can only tell the engine runs more smoother. But, no gain in HP or MPG.
Old 05-12-07, 12:14 PM
silvervett
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed a lift in my garage to increase the amount of cars I could fit in it but a side benefit is beig able to change my own oil
I got my first change for free at the dealer but plan on doing my own the next time out and using Mobil 1 synthetic. I dodn't plan on keeping the car when the lease ends so I could get by without synthetic but maybe a friend may want to buy it when the lease ends.

Last edited by silvervett; 05-12-07 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-12-07, 12:28 PM
mandyfig

How much did the lift set up come up to? Did they come in and install it?

Quick Reply: where do you get your oil changed?