RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Your Opinion on Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-07, 01:11 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Your Opinion on Floor Mats

So, I'm tired of cleaning my very light-colored gray carpeted floot mats. I've decided to either buy the black rubber mats or the clear vinyl mats that are placed over the existing mats.

I'm leaning toward the clear mats for a couple of reasons:
  1. They are less expensive than the rubber mats. In fact, my local dealer has them for $69 (+tax), whereas they are $79 (+shipping) online, and I can get them today.
  2. I fear that the black rubber mats won't look good and will show even the smallest amount of dirt, etc.
I'm just looking for opinions on either style. Any takers?

Here they are online:

Last edited by NXOwner; 05-23-07 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-23-07, 02:45 PM
Grumpa72
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the light saddle interior with matching carpeted floor mats. I have to pull them out monthly for a serious scrubbing. Not to hijack your thread but I really prefer NEITHER of your choices - too industrial looking. I buy all weather sisal floor mats from Beverly Hills Motoring. Right color, great snow, ice, and mud absorber and they work without looking like the company pick-up truck.
Old 05-23-07, 03:00 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Do you have a link to those sisal mats?
Old 05-23-07, 03:41 PM
asianrage
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got those all-weather Lexus mat for free from the dealership, but then I got Floor Liner from Weathertech.com which, IMO, for a little bit more money, works better.

Last edited by asianrage; 05-23-07 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-23-07, 03:42 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

hey rxowner, i have the clear vinyl mats. I love them during the winter, and then during the summer, i take them away. Of course, i have black carpet, but i dont want them getting dirty and old either. THe mats are very very good, except they can get dirty have repeated use in one season. They start to get brown spots that just need some good scrubbinb. Anyways, they are very durable and they fit perfectly. The plastic smell that it comes with goes away within a few weeks
Old 05-23-07, 03:57 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i used to have clear mats for our ecru mats in the SC430. they worked great. it keeps the interior color the same but protects the carpet mats.

in a grey interior however, there are a lot of black accents, so you can use black carpets if you want. we did this in our GS430 w/ ash interior, and it looks sporty. the gray mats are just too light and don't provide enough contrast IMHO.

we have the black interior in the RX and the orignal carpets are still in VERY good condition after more than 4 years. we get the car detailed once a year and you honestly coulnd't tell if the car was 6 months old or 4 years old by looking at the mats.

so my vote is to go w/ either the clear vinyl or the black carpet.
Old 05-23-07, 06:17 PM
lbc99
Rookie

Originally Posted by asianrage
I got those all-weather Lexus mat for free from the dealership, but then I got Floor Liner from Weathertech.com which, IMO, for a little bit more money, works better.
How do you like those "Floor Liner" mats from Weathertech? They appear to completely cover the floor, more so than most mats. I have considered a purchase of these mats but was concerned the rubber might be to stiff. Comments?

Currently I have the "Cargo Liner" from Weathetech and that product is wonderful.
Old 05-23-07, 07:35 PM
Grumpa72
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RXOwner
Do you have a link to those sisal mats?
Did a Google search on Beverly Hills Motorsports and found their website:
http://www.beverlyhillsmotorsport.com/

Iirc, they don't advertise the sisal floor mats. Call them, talk to them about the product. I have used them on my '05 Lexus, my Acura and my old Mercedes diesel.

Gary
Old 05-23-07, 07:46 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Go to mats.com and order some all weather mats. Much better than carpet...

Craig
Old 05-23-07, 07:56 PM
jrc08RX350
Driver School Candidate

I've used the Husky Liners available through Autoparts Warehouse (and others) for several years on my 2003 RX300. They are form fitting and protect all the front and rear carpeted areas. I recently transferred them to my new 2008 RX350 and they still fit fine even with some minor changes to the interior design. They are available in black, tan and gray. Take a look, you won't be disappointed.

Jay
Old 05-23-07, 08:15 PM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

I went with the black rubber mats, mine is gray interior, so it works great. So I just flip flop with the regular mats....easy replacement.
Old 05-23-07, 10:53 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

i use the clear vinyl exact mats.
Old 05-23-07, 11:24 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Originally Posted by RXSF
hey rxowner, i have the clear vinyl mats.
Thanks.

About the only negative I saw with the clear vinyl sample is that it seems slck on the surface and that my feet would slip around, especially when wearing dress shoes with slick soles.

Although they are advertised as having a textured surface that makes it non-skid, it still felt slick. How slippery/slick are they?

Last edited by NXOwner; 05-23-07 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-23-07, 11:27 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Originally Posted by Grumpa72
Did a Google search on Beverly Hills Motorsports and found their website:
http://www.beverlyhillsmotorsport.com/

Iirc, they don't advertise the sisal floor mats. Call them, talk to them about the product. I have used them on my '05 Lexus, my Acura and my old Mercedes diesel.
I found a site with the sisal mats, rubber mats, and the clear vinyl mats.

Last edited by NXOwner; 05-23-07 at 11:48 PM.
Old 05-23-07, 11:43 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

not really slippery. If you look up close, its not smooth at all, its grainy. i dont think you will have a problem with it. fitting with the actual blueprint of the car is going a so-so. it kidna matches up, but not really. looks like a 5th grade was cutting it with aproximate dimensions

Quick Reply: Your Opinion on Floor Mats