RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Transmission firmware update

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-07, 11:03 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my tranny already has the most current update and its still the same.
Old 06-15-07, 07:26 AM
NewEngland
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Gonzalu-
My RX had the same problem like your before. Since the update i noticed the shift quicker, the lag is still but now it just happen exactly at 5mph. (before between around 5-10mph). The dealer said it could be better in next thousand miles but i doubt...
How is your new RX 350? Transmission? Cabin noise?
I'm planning to change to RX 08 or 09 so Transmission performance and level of cabin noise are two big things that i'm concerned.

Thanks
Old 06-16-07, 07:19 AM
gonzalu
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NewEngland
Hey Gonzalu-
My RX had the same problem like your before. Since the update i noticed the shift quicker, the lag is still but now it just happen exactly at 5mph. (before between around 5-10mph). The dealer said it could be better in next thousand miles but i doubt...
How is your new RX 350? Transmission? Cabin noise?
I'm planning to change to RX 08 or 09 so Transmission performance and level of cabin noise are two big things that i'm concerned.

Thanks

Hey NE,

I LOVE my new '08 RX-350 ... The power is much better, cabin is quieter. My dealer claims thicker glass and more insulation in door panels. I tend to believe it. Road noise is reduced ... I will be traveling about 350 miles today for the first long trip with it and I will report back... so far in NYC it has been exemplary.

Everything is very very similar to my outgoing 330 so I can;t really see many differences.

The NAV could use more improvements as can the voice recognition system... it can have many more commands available, especially for the Phone and it can be faser too... right now it is very slow and too many prompts to get what you want done.

All and all it is my first NAV car I actually own so I am very happy with it.

The bluetooth is so cool... I have been wanting that for some time... One thing that is annoying is that when searching the phone book on the screen, if you chose the wrong one and go back, it goes back to A instead of the list where you left off so you have to scroll back to whatever letter you were on. Really annoying.

The right side front passnger seatbelt is really badly designed when it is not being used. The buckle rubs against the B pillar and it rattles and scrapes on bumpy roads... I hated it before and still do. They need to put in some sort of holder or something for it to stay snug to the seat or somehow stay away from the walls.

Lexus NEEDS to have a Sirius option from Factory. I hate aftermarket solutions. I am still searching for the best option for me.

I just posted new pics of my new car on the REGISTRY section here :-)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...&postcount=126
Old 06-18-07, 02:02 PM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

For the buckle, try velcro...to get the belt to attach to the pillar when not in use....I wonder if it looks tacky though....
Old 06-18-07, 02:15 PM
VroomVroom
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The passenger seat belt is my one gripe about the interior. Well, one other one...I wish they made the driver's side (useless) cup holder a small storage tray instead.

I'm an XM junkie, but I'll take your argument one step further....Lexus needs to catch up to the other players by fully integrating a satellite radio solution, namely with a single antenna or at least without the pathetic tacky add-on unit they stick on a body panel with the wire showing. A small detail, but it bugs me. My bottom-rung Audi had the right idea - single sharkfin for everything, with your choice of XM or Sirius modules that connect in under five minutes.
Old 06-18-07, 04:52 PM
mandyfig

The OEM's are probably not getting their cut of the action, hence they do not pay attention to sattelite, but if consumers are clamoring for it...it will change, too bad it is too slow.
Old 06-19-07, 07:24 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

With HD radio coming out. I wonder how much longer sattelite radio will be around.
Old 06-19-07, 06:37 PM
mandyfig

HD Radio...explain..sorry I am behind on tech news...
Old 06-19-07, 07:03 PM
JimsGX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
HD Radio...explain..sorry I am behind on tech news...
Go to HDRadio.com Its digital broadcast that can be broadcast simultaneously over the same frequency used by a regular FM broadcast. There are well over 1000 stations that now offer it and the list is growing. FM broadcasts are raised to CD quality. It requires a decryption unit that interfaces with your stock radio. Similar to an XM or Sirius device but there are no monthly fees, it free over the airwaves. The product offerings for car interface units is starting to grow.
Old 06-20-07, 05:07 AM
mandyfig

Wow...HD Radio....so, eventually we can get a gismo....to add on? Satellite still has a use for some who really need foreign radio broadcasts (right? Can we pick up foreign broadcasts? Or am I smoking something?)
Old 06-20-07, 06:28 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just be happy you guys get any SAT radio. In my SAT radio is not available in my state.
Old 06-20-07, 02:53 PM
Zodiac
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I haven't had the transmission update on my 04 RX330 yet should I have it update even thou it wont' fix the lag?
Old 06-20-07, 03:40 PM
pump142
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not get further off topic but how about losing the CD changer and putting SDHC slots in the dash. The new high capacity SD cards could read straight into the stereo and at 8-16 gigs plenty of room for music & video
Old 06-20-07, 03:49 PM
VroomVroom
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'd forgotten all about sat radio not being available in Hawaii. I still don't quite understand it...something about the S band license?

With HD radio there's still a range issue, right? If so I think that alone would keep the satellite market alive. A couple of years ago my wife and I went on a 3k mile road trip, listening to XM the entire time. It was awesome, with the only hunting being for a new channel to hear, as opposed to finding something in range.

My old Audi had two SD card slots and I absolutely loved that feature. Media slots or at least a standard input would definitely be a great addition.
Old 06-21-07, 09:27 AM
mandyfig

Originally Posted by pump142
not get further off topic but how about losing the CD changer and putting SDHC slots in the dash. The new high capacity SD cards could read straight into the stereo and at 8-16 gigs plenty of room for music & video
I am pretty sure this is the way everybody's going....it is so fast nowadays for new application integration for autos. Good for everybody. The CAR is a huge portable computer that actually delivers you from point A to B.

Quick Reply: Transmission firmware update