RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Nav 6.1 Override?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-07, 12:52 PM
tkrussell
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav 6.1 Override?

Anyone got the sequence for the Nav 6.1 Override?
I know it has changed from the 4.x/ 5/x sequence.
It would be nice to input destinations while on the go.
Thanks
Old 07-08-07, 07:10 PM
Sir Topas
Driver School Candidate

Arghh!! I got so excited when I saw the title of this thread, finally someone found the override!!!! Until I read it....

The title is misleading, shouldn't there be a question mark at the end?

As far as the question, I haven't heard of any new info. I actually heard a rumor in another thread that said there is no override in 6.1! Pray this isn't true, otherwise your only option is Lockpick.
Old 07-08-07, 08:47 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 163 Likes on 139 Posts

Changed title
Old 07-08-07, 09:51 PM
silvervett
Lead Lap

I gave up a long time ago and bought a Garmin SP 7500. I made a few calls to Lexus to inform them I will not get another Lexus when my lease ends. I have been busy but I and going to have to make time to have my salesman set up a FTF meeting with a Lexus manage and emphasize the fact that there are many unhappy Lexus owners that my not get another Lexus because of this single issue.
Old 07-24-07, 02:52 PM
RC_Av8r
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by silvervett
I gave up a long time ago and bought a Garmin SP 7500. I made a few calls to Lexus to inform them I will not get another Lexus when my lease ends. I have been busy but I and going to have to make time to have my salesman set up a FTF meeting with a Lexus manage and emphasize the fact that there are many unhappy Lexus owners that my not get another Lexus because of this single issue.
I hope it helps but I doubt it.

I sent them a few complaints and explained that it is a safety hazard to not allow me to use the phonebook while driving. I explained that I was being forced to fumble with a small screen on my phone and try to hold it with one hand while using my other hand to look through the phonebook and taking my eyes off the road to focus on the tiny screen made it very dangerous. If they would simply let me scroll through the phonebook on the NAV screen it would be much safer.

Their response was some like "thank you for your input"

I am selling my RX. I'm not threatening to sell; I AM selling. I've already found a buyer.

Dave
Old 07-24-07, 04:07 PM
Crystal_RX
Driver

Sir Topas! Same here....I was so excited and thought..."Finally, Finally, someone did figure out how to do it"...
Old 08-07-07, 09:34 PM
Navguy
Driver School Candidate

There is a fairly simple process for creating a hybrid DVD for your nav system documented in another forum. Newer HP laptops that have double layer DVDs already have the software installed to copy the discs.

. . . and I've found that "Dial by Number" works very well from the voice recognition system. You just enter the whole number in one go
"4 1 2 7 3 6 3 4 5 6" press talk again and say "dial". Documentation on this is pretty scarce in the Nav Manual.
Old 08-07-07, 10:59 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Dial by name is even better--dont have to remember numbers
Old 09-03-07, 07:12 PM
FMDriver
Driver School Candidate

Do you know where to find these other forums? I can't stand the idiocy of not allowing even the passenger to program on the go!!
Thanks!
Another thing in want to know - if Lexus is worried legally about us having an accident while programming on the go, they apparently have the feeling that they will have some level of liability if we have an accident. Therefore, should they be worried if we have an accident while changing the radio? If they have liability for one, why not the other?
Old 09-03-07, 07:33 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,287 Likes on 1,393 Posts

Originally Posted by FMDriver
Do you know where to find these other forums? I can't stand the idiocy of not allowing even the passenger to program on the go!!
Thanks!
Another thing in want to know - if Lexus is worried legally about us having an accident while programming on the go, they apparently have the feeling that they will have some level of liability if we have an accident. Therefore, should they be worried if we have an accident while changing the radio? If they have liability for one, why not the other?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=251179 is a thread in the 2IS forum on this topic.

Be aware that this can be a risky process and a few non-technical members have had problems. You need to be the legal owner of both 5.1 and 6.1 disks - we don't allow any discussions about pirating nav software on CL.
Old 09-03-07, 07:56 PM
Tom H
Rookie

I wouldn't be too quick to sell. The practice is becoming popular among most manufactures on factory installed NAV systems these days. I agree however that if the vehicle can sense the presence of a passenger for airbag deployment it should then at least allow searching on-the-go under those conditions. I decided against the RX NAV for just this reason and saved myself $6K as a benefit as I didn't really want anything else in the Premium Plus pkg. My Garmin NUVI 660 is an excellent unit with 3D map views and Bluetooth built in.
Old 09-03-07, 08:26 PM
SugarRush
Pit Crew

As soon as I purchased my RX350 about 2 weeks ago, I installed the Lockpick3 kit from coastaltech. It took me 15 minutes to install,very easy! Now, I can enter destination while moving and the 'i agree" button screen automatically eliminated eveytime I start the car. You all should give this a try before selling the RX.
http://www.coastaletech.com/lockpick3.htm

Depending on what kind of 'hack' you want, there are 3 kits provided: basic, ultimate and ultimate plus.
I bought the basic and it works for Lexus nav 6.1 nicely.

More success stories can be found under this thread: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...howtopic=39896

Last edited by SugarRush; 09-03-07 at 08:32 PM.
Old 09-03-07, 09:51 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Does it free up the bluetooth options??
Old 09-04-07, 06:51 AM
SugarRush
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Booyah
Does it free up the bluetooth options??
Booyah, to do this you'll need to buy the ultimate lockpick3 plus kit for $299.

The basic lockpick3 for $99 (the one I installed in my RX) does *not* free up the bluetooth, it only allows entering dest when moving and auto bypass the 'i agree' screen.

Read thru' the link I posted earlier from another Lexus RX forum. Someone did installed the ultimate plus lockpick3 and on top of what the basic kit will do, it will also unlocked bluetooth and watching dvd capability while driving

Last edited by SugarRush; 09-04-07 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-04-07, 10:02 AM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

I was told by those guys I can only use the lockpick3 basic because I have the rear DVD?

Quick Reply: Nav 6.1 Override?