RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Navigation Regions

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-07, 06:03 PM
lbc99
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation Regions

I presume the Lexus Navigation System uses regions only to assist in finding an address. For instance if I'm traveling from one region into another region all I have to do is change to the region that contains my destination, input the address and then the system will navigate from my current location to the destination, even though they are in different regions. Is that correct?

Thanks
Old 07-08-07, 07:06 PM
andreys
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lbc99
I presume the Lexus Navigation System uses regions only to assist in finding an address. For instance if I'm traveling from one region into another region all I have to do is change to the region that contains my destination, input the address and then the system will navigate from my current location to the destination, even though they are in different regions. Is that correct?

Thanks

Yes, that is correct. Regions are most used to find local addresses quicker and you can certainly change the region when travelling outside of your state.

- Andrey
Old 07-08-07, 07:39 PM
salimshah

Received 1,045 Likes on 943 Posts

It is memory/data capacity issue.

Salim
Old 07-09-07, 05:17 AM
lbc99
Rookie

Originally Posted by andreys
Yes, that is correct. Regions are most used to find local addresses quicker and you can certainly change the region when travelling outside of your state.

- Andrey
Thank you!
Old 08-09-07, 12:16 AM
rickyh3784
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by salimshah
It is memory/data capacity issue.

Salim
Hello Salim,

I purchased my vehicle in Augusta, GA and was erroneously told that the Nav system would work in Hawaii...Not True!

In appreciation of your knowledge on the Lexus Nav System, do you know if the GEN 04 navigation DVD update for the 2006 RX400h includes the state of Hawaii? If not, any idea how I can incorporate data or produce a DVD that would provide nav data for Hawaii? I notice the company that develops the map database for the Toyota Lexus system does sell off the shelf products for aftermarket systems.

Thanks,

Rick
Old 08-09-07, 06:27 AM
salimshah

Received 1,045 Likes on 943 Posts

Originally Posted by rickyh3784
Hello Salim,

I purchased my vehicle in Augusta, GA and was erroneously told that the Nav system would work in Hawaii...Not True!

In appreciation of your knowledge on the Lexus Nav System, do you know if the GEN 04 navigation DVD update for the 2006 RX400h includes the state of Hawaii? If not, any idea how I can incorporate data or produce a DVD that would provide nav data for Hawaii? I notice the company that develops the map database for the Toyota Lexus system does sell off the shelf products for aftermarket systems.

Thanks,

Rick
You were mislead before and I certainly do not want to give you wrong information.

You get the best information closest to the source. In this case it would be the Lexus dealership in Hawaii or a fellow member who lives (lived) there.

Cross licensing and exclusive rights is always in the way of free information.

After market system is the only that I know which would work, but they do not integrate well and you already have a system (just missing the software .. and at mercy of Lexus).

Salim