RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Anyone attend a "Service Orientation Dinner?"

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-07, 06:28 PM
Sir Topas
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone attend a "Service Orientation Dinner?"

Longo Lexus sent me an invitation to attend a Service Orientation & Dinner. Has anyone out there ever attended one of these? What should I expect? Did you feel it was valuable or worthwhile? I appreciate any comments/experiences shared!
Old 07-24-07, 10:48 PM
javanutsy
Rookie

Yes, I attended one. Dinner was OK, I expected it to be nicer. The meeting was held in a 'classroom' setting in a large conference room in the basement. Seating is those chair attached to right-handed half-desks like those found in high-schools. They had a couple of service reps go over some stuff with maintenance, their state of the art service center, and a detailer guy talked about care of your Lexus. They answered various questions from the audience and were pretty helpful. But they didn't know the best way to hook up an Ipod to the RX . There was also a raffle for some nice prizes, and they gave away a silver eyeglass-sized case container with a pen and tire guage to each Lexus owner.

I guess if you have nothing else to do, it was worthwhile... A Taste of Lexus is a much nicer event.

Last edited by javanutsy; 07-24-07 at 10:52 PM.
Old 07-25-07, 10:45 AM
VroomVroom
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by javanutsy
A Taste of Lexus is a much nicer event.
Definitely to be expected since it's a huge manufacturer event as opposed to a regularly scheduled dealer one. We'll be attending ToL early next month in Alameda and I can't wait!

My wife attended our dealer's presentation and she got a lot out of it. Not so much from the service presentation - she'd already bought into that - but the overviews of the navigation and bluetooth systems were really beneficial. If you're new to Lexus I think this is worthwhile - they do offer some nice perks compared to non-premium brands out there. Expect more marketing-speak than valuable technical information, but if you plan to keep your car for a while and service it at this particular dealer, it's a great opportunity to meet the people who can resolve any conflicts you might encounter over the life of the relationship.
Old 07-25-07, 11:07 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the dealer near me doesnt offer that. i would love to go to one and grill them on why they dont like fixing serious car problems.
Old 07-25-07, 11:47 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

AM1, I think all the Lexus dealers are on to you
Old 07-25-07, 12:06 PM
Sir Topas
Driver School Candidate

Javanutsy, it was exactly as you described! The iPod question came up and they recommended the VAIS tech solution. They offered the SL1 in their parts dept. The silver case gift was a nice touch. Obviously, it was all marketing for their dealership's parts, service, & detailing depts., but they did seem like a good place to go. Anyone have good/bad experiences at Longo? It's got all the comforts in the waiting lounge & you can watch through the glass!

What's Taste of Lexus & when is the next one for So. Cal?
Old 07-25-07, 12:33 PM
javanutsy
Rookie

Check out www.tasteoflexus.com to register. They have one coming up weekend of Aug 25th at the Santa Anita Park in Arcadia. Definitely should check it out if you've never gone. There, you can put all the Lexus cars through the paces in courses set up in the parking lots, enjoy some free food and drinks, and other lifestyle promotions from associated vendors. Like VroomVroom said, it's a huge manufacturer event, so it is very nice!
Old 07-27-07, 12:23 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

i have to agree taste of lexus event is nice. about driving it hard eh...........i dunno about that one. I drove an IS350 reallly hard at the event last year and they wouldnt let me drive anymore cars after that. Something about im a crazy driver or something.
Old 07-27-07, 06:06 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

AM1, you a crazy driver? Nahhhh.
Old 07-30-07, 10:57 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

lets just say i push my rx330. probably explains why i normally get around 14-15 city mpg.
Old 08-03-07, 09:24 AM
mandyfig

You ceratinly push your RX HARD....you would like to strangle the guys who assembled your unit, too, right? Them Japs!
Old 08-03-07, 11:45 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

damnit i only averaged 12.5 mpg today.
Old 08-04-07, 08:57 AM
mandyfig

That's way low.....you are working that mule so hard!!!
Old 08-04-07, 10:11 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

My local "Taste of Lexus" was Friday, today, and tomorrow (yes, three of them in a row). I am out of town this weekend, so I couldn't attend any of them.

I had received my "priority registration" invitation card in the mail a couple of weeks ago and did sign up, but had to cancel.

Old 08-05-07, 02:14 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

you know that you can sign up for the taste of lexus event at the end of the month at santa anita racetrack in arcadia right? i was setup for that one but changed it to OC since ill be busy that weekend. you can do it thru their website

Quick Reply: Anyone attend a "Service Orientation Dinner?"