RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models
View Poll Results: mod your RX
not my cup of tea
28.37%
want to be different from other
42.79%
might think about if the price is right
33.02%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

modding your rx

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-11 | 02:56 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by J954sho
Lights are prototype and are being tweaked for fitment so they are not custom. LEDs are perfectly straight but my phone cam and angle makes it look off. Lenses are actually red/clear or all clear.

Lower lights are from JZS in Japan.
Please post the end product I would love to see what comes of this. Plus maybe better camera
Old 05-08-11 | 07:46 AM
J954sho
Pole Position

Originally Posted by infinirx
Please post the end product I would love to see what comes of this. Plus maybe better camera

Manufacturer does not want close up pics yet since they are still tweaking....

Last edited by J954sho; 05-08-11 at 07:51 AM.
Old 05-08-11 | 11:12 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by J954sho

Manufacturer does not want close up pics yet since they are still tweaking....
why I asked for "end product" photos. thanks.
Old 05-11-11 | 08:50 PM
dssgoodies
Driver School Candidate

Man from that picture your rx looks sweet....Love those rear lights.. Hook me up
Old 05-14-11 | 01:20 AM
Howiefied
Intermediate

Those lights are soooo nice!
Old 05-30-11 | 05:09 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

If I can direct your attention to my nearly finish quad projector retrofit

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...ompletion.html
Old 07-02-11 | 01:38 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Here is an update:

PS: For use in a car show only lol, and for that purpose it was bought and those are actual Japanese cigarettes. All to authenticate the theme lol! I don't smoke or drink so they will last a long time.

So I am having another table made and wheels are still being done as the face was not finished the way I wanted so I did not have them put on the car Hehe well they are just way pricey for me not getting them the way I wanted lol!

But I am posting cause I am getting a new table. This one is much rarer than the JP one so I am gonna sell the table and wheels. I doubt anyone wants the table and I won't post a sale thread cause no one will see it here and no one will want it anywhere else But if anyone in interested (~_^) PM me.

Here is a sample of he new table. Custom retrofitted from a RHD version.
Old 07-02-11 | 03:07 AM
Steve82
Driver School Candidate

this is a really interesting thread

just wanna say that the modification passion should come up from ourselves instead of others/external

on top of that, modification should be done with the goal to add values to your ride whereas at the same time it should be assured that no issue will arise in future

therefore, a well planned modification ( research, product picking, installation and operational matters - how we operate, how we maintain and troubleshooting ) will result in maximum output
Old 07-02-11 | 03:30 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Steve reads kind of like a lecture. I mean your RX is nice but it's extremely personal taste. I would not have one 50% of what your did with your RX not to forget if it was built out here all that work would be more devaluing the resale than adding value. No Lexus or any dealership takes heavily modded cars as trade-ins unless it's commissioned to be built for them. They most always have it simply done so it can be put back to stock and sold to regular customers.

I get allot of joy out of the process and at times it's a tedious life of obsessive research. I do more than most and still it's not 100% if things will work right.

Last edited by infinirx; 07-02-11 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-03-11 | 07:11 AM
Steve82
Driver School Candidate

Steve reads kind of like a lecture. I mean your RX is nice but it's extremely personal taste. I would not have one 50% of what your did with your RX not to forget if it was built out here all that work would be more devaluing the resale than adding value. No Lexus or any dealership takes heavily modded cars as trade-ins unless it's commissioned to be built for them. They most always have it simply done so it can be put back to stock and sold to regular customers.

I get allot of joy out of the process and at times it's a tedious life of obsessive research. I do more than most and still it's not 100% if things will work right.
i did not intend to lecture ppl haha since this is my hobby and passion not for a living and the window time to browse around and being active in the net is very limited.

just wanna make it clearer.. most ppl see modifying would reduce the value or give issue to the car ( e.g. electronics malfunctions, errors, reduce certain parts lifetime, etc ).

proper mods would not give such implications.

all ppl ( except the builders of my ride ) comment that my ride is gutted pretty sick to achieve this state

in fact, no. most of the parts are plug and play ( kits, suspension, wheels and exhaust ). Only audio which were custom fabricated.

if it is time to sell it, there will be 2 options.
first : to sell as it is to car enthusiast of course it would not be like math ( used car price USD 55K + mods USD 30K = sell price USD 85K note : current actual price and cost ). The mods would have depreciated since i have used it. So you fairly depreciate based on the market price for the parts then you can do the math.

secondly, part out the car. to dismantle my kits would take 2 days, suspension and wheels, 1 day, exhaust 2 hours and audio would be the most difficult overall, 4 days max.
Reason : Harrier/RX is one of the preferred ride in here for SUV, Toyota has just demised the production making the price reaching its peak ( which was why i bought Harrier/RX a year ago ). The last stock in May 11 sold for USD 87K.

perhaps you may question in regards the audio. Fabricating took 9 months but to dismantle it to stock only 4 days?! because we install it without altering any factory setup or whatsoever whereby to fabricate it, we had to crunched our heads in designing, measuring and executing to attain the max result.

i drive the car nearly everyday with no issue and the ride is same as stock with less noise ( thanks to sound dampening ), much better songs ( thanks to the audio setup ), more options of the ride height ( dropped for car show, high setup for bumpy road or normal height during the travel - thanks to air suspension ) and lookin better than stock condition ( thanks to the kits, 4 sets of xenon, aftermarket grille, exhaust, suspension and wheels).

i have been modding cars since 10 years ago started with my 1st car ( funded by saving from my pocket money) which ever since i have been hearing/witnessing/experiencing ppl commenting, assuming, judging, supporting and appreciating.

all in all, i just wanna say that smart mods with cost of 5K should make your car have been modded for 10K with the viable option to go back to stock condition with no issue at all.
experience would give you the best yet valid knowledge and alternatively, you may get the knowledge from the right person.

Cheers
Old 07-03-11 | 08:52 PM
1koolfella
Pole Position

Talking

Junction Produce Table installed Friday. From Japan and made to fit the RX perfectly. Loving my new cup holders

I'm just thinking about getting pulled over and the officer asking "were you drinking this evening" and the reply would be "no but you look like you had a long day, would you like to relax inside while I pour you a drink?" -1koolfella

With the wood grain cup holders, looks like you're riding first class in a jet. That setup looks hot.
Old 07-04-11 | 03:07 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1koolfella
I'm just thinking about getting pulled over and the officer asking "were you drinking this evening" and the reply would be "no but you look like you had a long day, would you like to relax inside while I pour you a drink?" -1koolfella

With the wood grain cup holders, looks like you're riding first class in a jet. That setup looks hot.
Yeah that's the idea I actually have Sake bottles in them at times Empty of course but I really wanna give the impression of first class. Got curtains now for it as well

Horrible photo but:

With the new black table I think it will blend better. I can always trade them out as I know no one will buy this one lol!
Old 07-04-11 | 06:20 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

I like that
Old 07-04-11 | 06:37 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

infinirx, definitely first class and tastefully done IMO. I'll be curious to see what the black table looks like. The one in there now is fine BTW. I wouldn't do it because I don't drink Curtains add a nice touch too. And the armrests turned out great.
Old 07-04-11 | 01:41 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah I don't drink either lol!! Haha. It's all about the style. It's a kind of sub culture amongst the car culture in California Pretty small. But pretty big in Japan. Mostly you see this type of thing on an LS 430 or GS, Infiniti Y33's Q's, Bentley and Benz. Why I love my RX. It's so different. Hard to find parts for and they are pricey. But once you find them your pretty much the only one in the country doing it.

Last edited by infinirx; 07-04-11 at 03:14 PM.

Quick Reply: modding your rx