RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models
View Poll Results: mod your RX
not my cup of tea
28.37%
want to be different from other
42.79%
might think about if the price is right
33.02%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

modding your rx

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-09, 03:47 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check this thread out, you need to contact Todd for the JDM bracket to do the aftermarket nav

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...-dash-nav.html
Old 04-02-09, 03:43 PM
Frankr66
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is a pic of the arm rest and you can also see the double nav
Attached Thumbnails modding your rx-img_0150.jpg  

Last edited by Frankr66; 04-02-09 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-02-09, 03:50 PM
Frankr66
Pole Position

what used to be the trunk:
Attached Thumbnails modding your rx-s_img_0148.jpg  
Old 04-02-09, 08:35 PM
leo.cheng
Rookie

Originally Posted by Frankr66
thanks frankr for the pics. i was wondering if i can install the aftermarket nav inplace of the factory nav. because it's hard to see the aftermarket nav while driving.

thanks!
Old 04-02-09, 09:29 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Does the stock nav even work? It would pretty sweet if both of them were operative.
Old 04-02-09, 10:45 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexigirl06
Anyone here painted their spoiler ?
I just wanna see a pics .
CK6speed did paint his. Kinda lazy to look for it right now, but if you search the RX-2nd gen forums or by his sn, or even PM him, you may get better luck.
Old 04-02-09, 11:47 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Frankr66, sweet setup, I'm doing the same thing too, since I have a voice activated Avic-Z1 with all the accessories (5.1 DSP decorder, DSP controller, center channel speaker, bluetooth adapter, Ipod controller, half din DVD, 2 high end Ecllipse Amp, MB Quarts Premium speakers, 2 JL 10w6v2 woofer ) with the latest maps loaded since I have all that from my old car, I will put it all back in instead of spending extra money trying to patch the factory Nav's handicap
Old 04-03-09, 08:26 AM
Frankr66
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LEXveryG8
Does the stock nav even work? It would pretty sweet if both of them were operative.
The stock NAV does work! I also only upgraded the door speakers so the dash speaker used for the stock NAV voice still works. Sometimes for giggles I will program my destination on both and see which routes are suggested; though the Garmin inside the Kenwood is usually better.

The bluetooth also still works; the only thing I lost was the steering wheel controls (i need to order another adapter for it) and for whatever reason the sunroof tilt button will now open and close the sunroof all the way
Old 04-03-09, 08:27 AM
Frankr66
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mowmow
Frankr66, sweet setup, I'm doing the same thing too, since I have a voice activated Avic-Z1 with all the accessories (5.1 DSP decorder, DSP controller, center channel speaker, bluetooth adapter, Ipod controller, half din DVD, 2 high end Ecllipse Amp, MB Quarts Premium speakers, 2 JL 10w6v2 woofer ) with the latest maps loaded since I have all that from my old car, I will put it all back in instead of spending extra money trying to patch the factory Nav's handicap
lets see some pics!
Old 04-03-09, 09:10 AM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Frankr66
Where did you get this wide arm rest from ? Is it from JJproducts.net ? or
elsewhere ?Can you please let me know
Old 04-03-09, 11:00 AM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tod071
CK6speed did paint his. Kinda lazy to look for it right now, but if you search the RX-2nd gen forums or by his sn, or even PM him, you may get better luck.
Oh yea I have seen his picture sometime when he posted it up. It doesn't look bad at all. Didn't he also paint the black plastic parts to his bluish paint color? Oh he changed his wheels too didn't he?

The stock NAV does work! I also only upgraded the door speakers so the dash speaker used for the stock NAV voice still works. Sometimes for giggles I will program my destination on both and see which routes are suggested; though the Garmin inside the Kenwood is usually better.

The bluetooth also still works; the only thing I lost was the steering wheel controls (i need to order another adapter for it) and for whatever reason the sunroof tilt button will now open and close the sunroof all the way
That's pretty cool, because I have been wanting a new system for my vehicle, and I don't want to lose the climate control since it's controlled from the nav screen. I think I might try also, and maybe I'll enter destinations on both nav like you hahaha

Oh by the way you just need to reprogram your sunroof. You might have triggered it when your installing your sound system. My guess is you have unplugged your battery terminal too long that it lost it's memory on the sunroof.
Old 04-03-09, 12:21 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

lets see some pics!
No problem, I'm waiting on the JDM Harrier double din bracket to come in
before I can start putting all the goodies back in, once I have it done
I will be sure to take some pics, but in the meantime I will take some pictures of the parts
Old 04-03-09, 09:00 PM
leo.cheng
Rookie

thanks frankr for the pics. i was wondering if i can install the aftermarket nav inplace of the factory nav. because it's hard to see the aftermarket nav while driving.

thanks!
Old 04-04-09, 10:27 PM
anthonyerc
Driver School Candidate

Ok... So I'm 16... My mom has a 2009 Lexus Rx350, Black/Obsidian w/navigation and mark levinson SS. My parents bought me a 2007 lexus IS350 a couple months ago, and my mom and I are thinking about trading cars. I want the RX because it's bigger and it's black. My car is white...(chick color) I would like to get an intake and exhaust for the RX and maybe some darker tint... other than that, I think it's a nice car and there is nothing else I would do to it. (FLOWMASTER BABY) !!!!!
Old 04-05-09, 09:24 AM
leo.cheng
Rookie

Hi guys...

quick question....let say i get a rx330/rx350 WITH NO NAV. and now i want NAV.. what are my options and where can i install the aftermarket NAV. Is it possible to install the aftermarket NAV at the top of the center console. thank you.

Leo

Quick Reply: modding your rx