RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

3M Filtrete filters $14.95

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-07, 03:38 PM
moolman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 3M Filtrete filters $14.95

Hi,
Found this on FW, 3M is having a sale on cabin filters. The filters are usually $24.95 but right now with the coupon, they are $14.95 each. Shipping is a flat $4.95 regardless of how many you order. There is a limit of 5 filters at a discount per order.

http://www.filtretecarfilter.com/Step1.aspx

Coupon code is CAC3Q

The discount doesn't show until after you give your credit card info, it shows in the summary before you confirm your order, so don't worry.

Choose the filter for a 2006 Camry, it's the same as the 07 and 08 RX350, not sure about the RX's before but easily checked at any website that sells filters.

I ended up buying 5 for my Prius and the RX350. These filters go for $23 at the local Autozone and Pepboys, made for Bosch by MicronAir. The ones at the dealer are made by Denso and cost about $30, but are pure crap, just a nylon/paper filter.

The 3M are quality, electrostaically charged filters. They are not carbon activated. I have yet to find a carbon activated filter for the Lexus because I think some European cars have those.

You also get a free car care kit with each order, includes a microfiber towel, glass cleaner, lint picker upper, etc.

Alex
Old 10-03-07, 04:23 PM
asianrage
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OOh, thanks.
Old 10-03-07, 06:54 PM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Why is the Highlander not included, if the RX Filter is the same as the rest in the list? The size says 214x214x18 mm. I guess I can measure my Denso Filter and compare. Thanks!
Old 10-03-07, 09:10 PM
moolman
Pole Position

I'm not sure if the cabin filter is the same on the Highlander as the RX, I guess we can look it up. I know that the engine air filter is the same in the RX as the highlander. I do know that the Camry filter is the same as the RX.

Alex
Old 10-03-07, 10:37 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moolman
I'm not sure if the cabin filter is the same on the Highlander as the RX, I guess we can look it up. I know that the engine air filter is the same in the RX as the highlander. I do know that the Camry filter is the same as the RX.

Alex
thanks for the heads up. might wanna keep quiet about the camry having the same filter as the RX, some people here might think its "beneath" them to put a "toyota" part into their lexus.
Old 10-03-07, 11:53 PM
moolman
Pole Position

I just wanted to add, don't buy the filters with a checkcard. If you're smart though, you should know never to use a checkcard for online purposes. But anyway, they put like 4 charges on my credit card, I have a MBNA/BofA card and it shows the temporary authorizations, they did 4 of them. I sure only the real one will stick and the other ones will fall off but are they retarded or something. If you used a checkcard, you won't have access to that money for a couple of days.
Old 10-04-07, 04:59 AM
Ron_Texas
Rookie

Originally Posted by AM1
thanks for the heads up. might wanna keep quiet about the camry having the same filter as the RX, some people here might think its "beneath" them to put a "toyota" part into their lexus.

Toyota parts in a Lexus . What's next, Toyota engines in a Lexus ? Where do you draw the line? Compromise is a slippery slope my friend, very slippery indeed .
Old 10-04-07, 10:18 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ron_Texas
Toyota parts in a Lexus . What's next, Toyota engines in a Lexus ? Where do you draw the line? Compromise is a slippery slope my friend, very slippery indeed .
hahahah, right you are. i see you are a fairly new member, just wait until you read a thread where someone whines about the idea of putting a "lesser" toyota part into their lexus. If you look at older lexus models the parts all say toyota on them, now they all say lexus even if they are toyota parts to begin with. You wouldn't believe the amount of people who were mad that their lexus had "toyota" parts in them.
Old 10-04-07, 04:58 PM
Todd
Pole Position

Default SOme engines are the same and many parts are interchangeable

do you think you got something special or something. Lexus is a glorified Toyota for pete's sake.
Old 10-04-07, 06:06 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Choose the filter for a 2006 Camry, it's the same as the 07 and 08 RX350, not sure about the RX's before but easily checked at any website that sells filters.
The RX330 for model years 2004-06 seems to have a unique cabin filter than the others. While models of the RX in other years (RX350, RX400h...), prior and following, have filters which have uses in other Toyota models this does not seem to be the case for the RX330. This filter only has a use in other Lexus models. At least that is what I found when I researched.

I did not, however, go by measurements. Only what the parts catalog cross reference said.
Old 10-05-07, 06:32 AM
Ron_Texas
Rookie

Originally Posted by Todd
do you think you got something special or something. Lexus is a glorified Toyota for pete's sake.
I agree! It is just like Porsches, they are just VW Beetles on steroids , nothing more! Still for some reason the Porsche owners think they got something special , go figure that one out, it will make your brain hurt
Old 10-06-07, 12:45 PM
moolman
Pole Position

GO BUY THESE FILTERS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got 4 of the 5 I ordered. They came by USPS Priority Mail individually packed, which I thought was a big waste of money because the postage for each was $4.60. Very inefficient. Still waiting for the last one, maybe a little delayed. Each filter came with the Car Care kit, microfiber towel, lint picker upper, glass towel. They forgot to include one lint picker upper but I forgive them.

These are quality filters. They are hands down the best filters for a car I have seen. I bought the MicroAir and the Denso before. The MicronAir are the Bosch ones and also used on Honda OEM. The Densos are Toyota OEM and pure crap.
Old 10-07-07, 07:16 PM
tjain
Driver

I just got 4 of the 5 I ordered. They came by USPS Priority Mail individually packed, which I thought was a big waste of money because the postage for each was $4.60. Very inefficient. Still waiting for the last one, maybe a little delayed. Each filter came with the Car Care kit, microfiber towel, lint picker upper, glass towel. They forgot to include one lint picker upper but I forgive them.

These are quality filters. They are hands down the best filters for a car I have seen. I bought the MicroAir and the Denso before. The MicronAir are the Bosch ones and also used on Honda OEM. The Densos are Toyota OEM and pure crap.
Hi Alex, You have advised to buy the 2006 Camry filter for 07/08 RX350. On the website it says 2002-2006 Camry. Is it safe to assume that you have meant the same 2002-2006 Camry.

Have you tried them yet, do they exactly fit in terms of dimension.

Thanks in advance

More info about the product: During its service life—averaging 15-25,000 miles depending on driving conditions—a typical filter removes between two and 12 grams of particulate matter

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...rior/Filtrete/

Last edited by tjain; 10-07-07 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-09-07, 10:30 AM
sama
Pole Position

Hi, Did you try these 06 Camry filter on the RX350, how is the fit compared to the OEM filters.
Old 10-09-07, 01:15 PM
DaveJ
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ones at the dealer are made by Denso and cost about $30, but are pure crap, just a nylon/paper filter.
The past two times I've replaced my Toyota cabin filters they were made of some sort of nylon fiber. The paper filters were replaced by these newer nylon fiber types some time ago. Without knowing the size of particles the filters will trap I'm not sure how one can determine which is better or worse at filtering small particles such as pollen.

Quick Reply: 3M Filtrete filters $14.95