RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Parking sensors for the rx350

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-07, 01:00 PM
mcgrady
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking sensors for the rx350

I've read in numerous posts that people have done this aftermarket and others say the dealer installs them

But I can't find any more details...this is something I REALLY want to do, since the RX is basically a boat.
Old 10-31-07, 02:11 PM
Losiho
Driver

Are the genuine Lexus Park Assist sensors available in the USA ? I have them fitted in the front and rear of my RX. The rear camera is great, but you can't see the entire corners of the rear bumper, which is why I fitted them. And I fitted them to the front because it's difficult to judge the length of the nose when parking.
Old 10-31-07, 02:30 PM
mcgrady
Driver School Candidate

So are these "genuine" park assist sensors like those in other Lexus models...where it a visual display of the car shows up and color coded bars accompanied with beeps tell you where to do (all on the nav)
Old 10-31-07, 06:23 PM
Losiho
Driver

No, the genuine sensors down here only have an audible warning beep that you hear as you get closer to the object.
Old 10-31-07, 06:55 PM
sama
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Losiho
No, the genuine sensors down here only have an audible warning beep that you hear as you get closer to the object.
I found a seller on ebay (Search for Lexus backup sensor) for RX 350 and was charging $35 for a 2 sensor or $55 for 4 sensor -- Audible warning only

They were also selling LED display which shows the distance in feet for additional $20

Looks like it involves drilling holes for the sensors onto the bumper or a stick on type

My friend had this installed on his Toyota Sienna van, he has small kids and it made sense for him to have it for safety issues on his driveway while backing up
Old 10-31-07, 10:48 PM
cheap_deal
Driver

we get parking sensors on the rx350 here. audible warning only but includes front and rear sensors. there is a button next to the rear hatch open/close button to turn off the parking sensors too.
Old 11-01-07, 02:51 AM
Losiho
Driver

Originally Posted by cheap_deal
we get parking sensors on the rx350 here. audible warning only but includes front and rear sensors. there is a button next to the rear hatch open/close button to turn off the parking sensors too.
Yes, there's a rocker switch next to the rear hatch button to disable the front sensors. You only have them on when you need them, otherwise they'll beep constantly due to wind/rain/pedestrians walking in front of your car.
Old 11-01-07, 07:36 AM
jednav
Driver

this was option offered to me at the time of purchase. $750+ for the rear, another $750 for the front end.
Old 11-01-07, 07:41 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Mcgrady, I am sure your dealer have a aftermarket vendor for it, give them a call.
Old 11-01-07, 02:32 PM
jednav
Driver

Originally Posted by The G Man
Mcgrady, I am sure your dealer have a aftermarket vendor for it, give them a call.
dealers with aftermarket products? ,,, i don't this so ..at least from where i am.
Old 11-01-07, 02:43 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 163 Likes on 139 Posts

One of the Toyota dealers I went to down here offered them aftermarket.
Old 11-03-07, 11:55 PM
dentate
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default parking sensors

Jednav--did you have them installed or not? Can you get us some more info about them as I am interested. I had the Lexus dealer installed kit put on my 2004--it was installed under the rear bumper and it was garbage- everthing used to set it off. Does the kit you are referring to come with any kind of visual display? I opted for the premium plus pkg on my 2008 that gets the rear camera but I would like even better protection and as well something at the front. I asked if there were any new kits available when I got my 2008 (March 07 production from Cambridge) and the response that I got was negative. Thanks

dentate
Oshawa, ON
Old 11-04-07, 08:39 AM
jednav
Driver

Originally Posted by dentate
Jednav--did you have them installed or not? Can you get us some more info about them as I am interested. I had the Lexus dealer installed kit put on my 2004--it was installed under the rear bumper and it was garbage- everthing used to set it off. Does the kit you are referring to come with any kind of visual display? I opted for the premium plus pkg on my 2008 that gets the rear camera but I would like even better protection and as well something at the front. I asked if there were any new kits available when I got my 2008 (March 07 production from Cambridge) and the response that I got was negative. Thanks

dentate
Oshawa, ON
No, I didn't get it. It is custom-built into your bumper. Those coin sized rounded thingy spread across bumpers are infact the parking sensors. They are audible sensors, and the frequency of warnings will depend on the distance of the object it senses. It is pretty neat but personally I don't need it.
Old 11-16-07, 11:20 AM
CarNutTO
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the dealer install the Lexus OE sensors in my 2005. They are installed BEHIND the bumper so there is nothing drilled through the bumper and no ugly sensors poking through the bumper. System works pretty well but is not perfect. The dealer wanted to install after-market, but I insisted on the Lexus system.

I just checked lexus.ca and noticed that the sensors are not shown on the list of accessories for the 2008 RX350.
Old 11-16-07, 11:48 AM
sama
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CarNutTO
I had the dealer install the Lexus OE sensors in my 2005. They are installed BEHIND the bumper so there is nothing drilled through the bumper and no ugly sensors poking through the bumper. System works pretty well but is not perfect. The dealer wanted to install after-market, but I insisted on the Lexus system.

I just checked lexus.ca and noticed that the sensors are not shown on the list of accessories for the 2008 RX350.

Can you please post some pictures of where they were installed behind the bumper?

Quick Reply: Parking sensors for the rx350