RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

How to set "Lexus Personalized Settings"?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-07, 01:02 PM
syvalley
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default How to set "Lexus Personalized Settings"?

Forgive me if this is not the correct forum to post this query. I have a 2006 RX400h, and I figured this question was generic enough for all RX's.

I've always been irked by the fact that I have to press "Unlock" twice on my FOB to open all the doors on my Lexus. This is also a mandatory prerequisite if I want to remotely open the back ("PWR") door, which bugs me too. And lastly, I don't like having to hold the "PWR" button for almost a full second for the command to kick in.

I'm sure these annoyances sound petty to some, but picture yourself rolling a full shopping cart into a busy parking lot with 3 kids in tow.....in the rain. Add to this the pathetic distance of the Lexus wireless FOB (1 meter), and you may, over time, become frustrated like me.

Fast forward to about an hour ago when I discovered that all of my petty annoyances have solutions covered in 16 customizable options referred to by Lexus as "Lexus Personalized Settings".

The "Personalized Options" are a range of settings with from 2-5 different choices each, depending on the setting. Examples include:"Unlocking driver's door/all passenger doors", "Delay for headlights to turn off" and "Automatic recirculation of air when using A/C".

The personalized options were supposed to have been presented to me at my 3K checkup, but never were. All the options are laid out in a clear manner (I have the PDF) with checkboxes for the owner to indicate his choices.

Anyway, back to my query. Does anyone know of a programming source so that I can set these options myself?

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

-Rick
Old 11-07-07, 01:11 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

If the personalized options were not presented to you at your 3K checkup, go back to the dealer and complain about it, They should do it for free.
Old 11-07-07, 02:31 PM
syvalley
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The G Man
If the personalized options were not presented to you at your 3K checkup, go back to the dealer and complain about it, They should do it for free.
Thanks for the reply G Man - My nearest Lexus dealer is ~80 miles away...farther than I have the time and/or inclination to drive. I do my own fluid checks and changes, rotate tires and change brakes when necessary, so other than the (free) 3K visit and the important 60K visit, I don't really do dealers.

That being said, this is a big enough annoyance for me to make the effort (drive) if I have no other options, but I was really hoping to find a DIY solution.
Old 11-07-07, 11:29 PM
roccjard
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by syvalley
Thanks for the reply G Man - My nearest Lexus dealer is ~80 miles away...farther than I have the time and/or inclination to drive. I do my own fluid checks and changes, rotate tires and change brakes when necessary, so other than the (free) 3K visit and the important 60K visit, I don't really do dealers.

That being said, this is a big enough annoyance for me to make the effort (drive) if I have no other options, but I was really hoping to find a DIY solution.
I had taken my 2008 RX350 in for the LPS and asked them to make the single click change - it didn't take for whatever reason. I live about 160 miles from the nearest Lexus dealer. When I called to ask them not to claim they had done the service since I was going to be near another dealer on a road trip, they told me that most dealers will do those types of changes free of charge.

We'll see....
Old 11-07-07, 11:38 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I pretty sure you can do the doors and light settings on your own--it should be in the manual? But the rest of the settings need to be done by the dealer with their nifty little hand tool. It will take all of 15 minutes for tem to hook up and change whatever you wanted--its really quick
Old 11-08-07, 12:39 AM
CX889
Rookie

My RX past 10K already and I didn't notice there is LPS at all. Rick, if not too much of a trouble can you send me a PDF of the LPS please? Great thanks!
Old 11-08-07, 07:26 AM
tomv
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't remember which forum I got this from, but I think it's for the settings for an IS, so some may not apply.

This PDF is nice since it shows (highlighted in blue) which settings can be changed by the user.

I haven't had tried any of them yet since I don't really see any settings that I would change, but it may be helpful for you.

If you do try any of the settings that are marked in blue, please report back which worked so others can benefit.
Attached Files
The following users liked this post:
JackPettit (12-18-23)
Old 11-08-07, 07:31 AM
roccjard
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CX889
My RX past 10K already and I didn't notice there is LPS at all. Rick, if not too much of a trouble can you send me a PDF of the LPS please? Great thanks!
Here is the link to the LPS for an RX400h - it's close enough to the RX350. I printed it an took it to the dealer.

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/RX400h_LPS.pdf
Old 11-08-07, 10:48 AM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Plus your dealer should have a brochure right there in their office for you to look at
Old 11-08-07, 06:04 PM
Tom H
Rookie

Given today's advancements in technology I get annoyed at the entire concept of having to go to a dealer to have this done. When I was searching for cars before buying the RX I test drove a GMC Acadia. Finally, a manufacturer got smart and put all of the programmable features in the hands of the owner. The Acadia's "Driver Information Center" has a setup function that allows you to change any and all functions at will.
Old 11-08-07, 07:09 PM
andreys
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom H
Given today's advancements in technology I get annoyed at the entire concept of having to go to a dealer to have this done. When I was searching for cars before buying the RX I test drove a GMC Acadia. Finally, a manufacturer got smart and put all of the programmable features in the hands of the owner. The Acadia's "Driver Information Center" has a setup function that allows you to change any and all functions at will.
it's about marketing and making money. There are reasons why Lexus wants you to visit them for every single detail, it's all about making an additional profit after a sale. And, since Lexus buyers are usually the crowd who're rather wealthy and don't spend time underneath the car, making profit on maintenance is a very profitable thing to do. Giving users access to exclusive settings means loosing money per customer.

GM, on the other hand, is trying to get back in the game and is doing everything to attract new customers. So giving options to customize everything, providing bells and wistles, airing anti-Lexus commercials is their way of doing business. Unfortunately, they still have a long way to go to make all those gadgets reliable and work every time...

-- Andrey
Old 11-11-07, 10:16 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i want to change mine too. but no way am i paying the dealer to do it
Old 11-12-07, 06:46 PM
harrierguy
Driver School Candidate

I remember to change the doors auto unlock feature not to unlock when gear is set to Park is:
turn ignition to on(do not start the engine), close all doors, press and hold the central lock on the driver's door to lock for more than 5 seconds. When you release it, the auto unlock feature will disable. But unfortunately when I tried it on mine, it doesnt work, but surprisingly my colleague tried the same trick and it worked for him. Strange.
Old 11-13-07, 07:46 PM
cdrx350
Driver School Candidate

This is 08 RX350 LPS file for someone was looking for:

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/RX350_LPS.pdf
Old 11-14-07, 08:50 AM
charlesh
Driver School Candidate

Default How did you change the main reqire signal after oil change by yourself?

Originally Posted by syvalley

My 07 RX350 has only 8000 miles and already had one 1 oil change at 3000 miles. The light is currently on in the middle of a long trip, which has 5000 miles from last oil changes.

How I am supposed to get rid of the "maint required" signal away?

Thanks.

Charlesh

Quick Reply: How to set "Lexus Personalized Settings"?