RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

How do I override GPS on 2008 RX350??

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-08, 07:28 PM
Dahveed
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Lockpick 3 - Questionable Fix?

I read on another thread that the LP3 doesn't fix the issue that I'm having with the Vaistech SL2Vi (iPod interface). Apparently, the screen that contains that song and artist information still disappears when the car is moving.

That is my biggest pet peeve. The other is that I can't see the folders on my iPod when the car is moving. I can change the radio station by looking at the screen so why shouldn't I be able to do it for the folders on my iPod. It's driving me a little crazy.

Has anyone else figured out a fix to this issue, short of cutting the wires behind the dash. I'd probably go that route if I could find someone to do it for me!!
Old 07-18-08, 12:47 AM
spikerjack
Rookie

Originally Posted by Dahveed
I read on another thread that the LP3 doesn't fix the issue that I'm having with the Vaistech SL2Vi (iPod interface). Apparently, the screen that contains that song and artist information still disappears when the car is moving.

That is my biggest pet peeve. The other is that I can't see the folders on my iPod when the car is moving. I can change the radio station by looking at the screen so why shouldn't I be able to do it for the folders on my iPod. It's driving me a little crazy.

Has anyone else figured out a fix to this issue, short of cutting the wires behind the dash. I'd probably go that route if I could find someone to do it for me!!
Actually the LP3 --does-- give you back song/artist information with a Vais unit (any of them - SLI, SLS, or SL2Vi) but with an annoying catch. Here is how I operate mine with the LP3:

(assuming in motion...)
1) Hit INFO button, Hit Telephone icon
2) Hit back arrow to get to telephone keypad...keypad is now active
3) Hit Audio button...all song/artist/detail functions work while in motion

Here is the catch...

If you LEAVE the Audio screen for any reason...you are locked out again and have to redo the steps I listed above. Don't know why, and the coastaletech.com guys are worthless for questions or support...so I just live with it since it (the LP3) kept me from having to cut any wires...

Good luck,

--Spike
Old 07-21-08, 05:22 PM
Seecott
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by spikerjack
Actually the LP3 --does-- give you back song/artist information with a Vais unit (any of them - SLI, SLS, or SL2Vi) but with an annoying catch. Here is how I operate mine with the LP3:

(assuming in motion...)
1) Hit INFO button, Hit Telephone icon
2) Hit back arrow to get to telephone keypad...keypad is now active
3) Hit Audio button...all song/artist/detail functions work while in motion

Here is the catch...

If you LEAVE the Audio screen for any reason...you are locked out again and have to redo the steps I listed above. Don't know why, and the coastaletech.com guys are worthless for questions or support...so I just live with it since it (the LP3) kept me from having to cut any wires...

Good luck,

--Spike

Spike,

Is this comfirm to work on version 7.1 Lexus Nav?