RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Blue Tooth Interference

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-08, 07:14 PM
sama
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave_S.
Went to the dealer today - The dealership is convinced that all three of my phones are defective and I simply need to buy another one.
I have a Motorola Razor, another Motorola, similar electronics to the Razor but in a different package and a new Blackberry all have the buzzing, humming static problem through the microphone (heard by the person on the other end of the call) when paired with the car, but all three work fine with other bluetooth handsfree devices ( I have 5 headsets and they all work fine-even when used in the car).
The Lexus technician paired his phone to my car and it seemed fine. I paired one of my phones to the car immediately after and it is back. If I hadn't personally made a call on the technicians phone to my wife, who said it was fine on her end, I wouldn't believe it.
So it appears the bluetooth works with no static with the technicians Motorola phone but not with any of my phones.
I have to ask again is anyone on this forum has had a similar experience and what the fix was?
I'll buy another phone, but I have no confidence it will work with this car.

I have found other posts on this subject that describe the EXACT same problem I am having, so I know it is not just my car with this problem:

Here is an example:
Does anyone have an issue with the person on the receiving end of calls getting static, humming sound and volume in/out?
Vehicle is RX 400h 2007, Nav/ML package. Phone is T-Mobile Motorola RAZR V3. I have no issues with the sound quality for the incoming call. I've accessed the sub Menu (HOLD INFO BUTTON & PARKING LIGHTS ON/OFF 5 TIMES) and adjusted the receiving/sending sound level and the quality type? Does anyone have any literature on this sub-menu? What values default values should be here? Mine are all blank? Took vehicle back to dealer, they blamed it on phone. Updated software for phone and no improvement IS IT THE PHONE OR LEXUS BLUETOOTH?

Another Example:
I leased a 2008 RX 350 this spring and there have been constant problems with the bluetooth feature. The people I speak with hear terrible static and interference - My side is fine. The dealer has tried 4 times to fix it - the first time, they must just literally have looked at it because nothwithstanding my request that they do so, the did not contact Lexus. Then, they replaced a part - but unfortunately for me, the wrong part. Then they replaced the mike but apparently, Lexus now has issued two new mikes and they had to change the first new one for the second. I hear that Lexus is well aware that the bluetooth is not working properly. Has anyone else had this problem - has anyone had this fixed. I am ready to use an installed bluetooth car kit.

Another one:
anyone had electrical interference on their bluetooth h/f connection. I had a motorola phone (L2) and the dealer told me that his non motorola phone worked fine. I just changd to a samsung blackjack and that seems to have improve a little, but people still say that it is like a bolt of lightning is zapping them at times. I think it is when the battery is getting charged from the engine (car battery not phone) and the EMF's are not shielded

Also people describe it as sounding underwater... my other friends have lexus cars (non hybrid) and have clear as a bell sound..

Anyone help please?

And another:
Does anyone experience interference on the use of bluetooth in the car? People who listen to me in the car report a buzzing sound whenever the car is in regeneration mode and other instances.
Tony

Dave
Dave, I found the affected VIN# on techinfo site.

Applicable Vehicles: 2007 model year RX 350/400h vehicles produced BEFORE the Production Change Effective VINs shown below.
MODEL PLANT PRODUCTION CHANGE EFFECTIVE VIN
TMMC
2T2GK31U58C035528
RX 350
2T2HK31U28C061976
TMK
JTJGK31U780012277
JTJHK31U582037350
RX 400h TMK
JTJGW31U172004862
JTJHW31U172031300

If your vehicle is in the above VIN range they are obligated to fix the problem. I would give Lexus Customer service a call
Old 01-05-08, 08:44 PM
Dave_S.
Rookie

Sama,
Thanks for the helpful info. Where did you find that information? Is it on a site that anyone has access to?
I think my VIN number is lower than the RX350 series listed in your message, but it is formatted a little different so hard to say.

I bought the car in April of 2006 and it is a 2007 model year RX350, I think they had just shipped the first units to the dealer the week I bought mine so it should be a first version RX350.

Dave
Old 01-07-08, 06:39 AM
FuManChu75
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tsib

here is the tsib from lexus.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
rx tsib.pdf (79.2 KB, 410 views)
Old 01-07-08, 04:31 PM
Dave_S.
Rookie

Originally Posted by FuManChu75
here is the tsib from lexus.
Thank you very much FuManChu!
Old 01-09-08, 12:54 PM
Dave_S.
Rookie

The dealer has ordered the part to complete the service bulletin and will be installing it on Saturday. Thanks for all your help with the information you provided and I will be sure to post a follow up to confirm if it fixed my problem.
Old 01-09-08, 05:46 PM
sama
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Dave_S.
The dealer has ordered the part to complete the service bulletin and will be installing it on Saturday. Thanks for all your help with the information you provided and I will be sure to post a follow up to confirm if it fixed my problem.
I was out of town and could not provide more information. The text from tsib from lexus was passed from my friend who had access to the techinfo.toyota.com site and hence it was not formatted correctly.

This forum is great to share the information. Glad that the dealer ordered the part for you. Previously they said all your 3 phones are defective, what convinced them to order the part?

Did you take the prinout of the TSIB and show it to the dealer.
Old 01-10-08, 06:46 PM
Dave_S.
Rookie

Originally Posted by sama
I was out of town and could not provide more information. The text from tsib from lexus was passed from my friend who had access to the techinfo.toyota.com site and hence it was not formatted correctly.

This forum is great to share the information. Glad that the dealer ordered the part for you. Previously they said all your 3 phones are defective, what convinced them to order the part?

Did you take the prinout of the TSIB and show it to the dealer.
I called them on my way home from the last service (dis)appointment and told them I didn't accept that all 3 of my phones were somehow defective, when I have 5 separate bluetooth devices that they work fine with and the only problem is with this car. I told them I'd be happy to drive back down there and pair my phone with another car on their lot to prove it to them, but if I had to do that I would be very unhappy as it's a 60 mile round trip for me. I asked them for the number I could call Lexus and discuss it directly with them. They told me they talked to Lexus and now have agreed to replace the microphone and amplifier assembly per the service bulletin.
In any event I expect this will completely solve this irritating problem. Thanks again for your help.
Old 01-12-08, 08:07 PM
Dave_S.
Rookie

Just to close out this thread, the dealer replaced the handsfree amplifier and mircophone per the EL007-07 service bulletin and it appears to have fixed my problem. No more buzzing and hissing like electrical interference during calls now.
Thanks again for your help. This forum is full of great information.

Dave S.
Old 01-28-08, 04:45 PM
Rillo
Driver School Candidate

Had a similar problem with my 06 UK RX 350 and was offered new microphone and amp as described. However I swapped my Samsung for a Nokia and the problem went away!?
Old 01-29-08, 06:12 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Looks like your Samsung was the issue....it happens. There's a list of compatible cell phones somewhere.
Old 10-17-09, 04:20 PM
FLASH98SC3
Driver School Candidate

THANKS TO SAMA.......I had this problem on my wife's 07 RX350 from the day it was new... dealer said it was her phone. When she got her new phone we had same problem. I took car to dealer told him about TSB from your post. He had to order part but did and then fixed under warranty. Now (after 2 years) we have no one complaining about connection when we use bluetooth. Thanks for the information.

Last edited by FLASH98SC3; 10-17-09 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-18-09, 06:25 AM
Dave_S.
Rookie

I agree, thanks SAMA. I've had mine fixed for well over a year now and it has been working much better since they replaced the microphone assembly.