RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

2009 Rx 350 Just Purchased

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-08 | 09:08 AM
ZIN
Driver

Originally Posted by The G Man
yeah all the dealer invoice price are the same, $41,XXX sounds about right for a invoice price on a new RX with nav.
Mine shows it at being $41,107.00 in the state of IL. anyway.
BASE $38,900.00
GRAPHITE WHEELS $605.00
NAG. $2650.00
LUXURY EDITION $2060.00
TOWING PREP $160.00CARGO MAT $95.00
WHEEL LOCKS $81.00
MSRP $45,981.00
lt looks like they are saying there is $4,874.00 -ish to play with.
Old 04-03-08 | 11:23 AM
Jimkerry
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by The G Man
yeah all the dealer invoice price are the same, $41,XXX sounds about right for a invoice price on a new RX with nav.
Not true. Dealers will always try and tell you why the KBB/Edmunds invoice pricing is wrong (doesn't include advertising, etc.) and will show you a sheet with some bogus number telling you it is their cost. What a crock. Who should you believe - an independent 3rd party designed to deliver impartial information or a dealer trying to make money off you.

Jimbo
Old 04-03-08 | 11:53 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

If you did your home work and read the fine prints, you would know that the KBB and Edmunds invoice price does not include Lexus advertising fee and dealer's hold back.
Old 04-03-08 | 11:59 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Zin, edmunds has your car invoiced at $39990, add another $700 for the Lexus advertising fee, the invoice for your car should be $40600.
Old 04-03-08 | 12:26 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 100000

do what i always do if im at a lexus dealership. ask them for the printout with their cost for the car, including the whoesale reserve,dealerholdback, incentives, etc. then go from there.
Old 04-03-08 | 12:36 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Lol, it appears that some people think the dealer print out has bogus numbers, thats almost like saying the dealer use a print out for inter office use and another print out just for customers
Old 04-03-08 | 12:43 PM
ZIN
Driver

Well I went in with those same number but I was told thats not counting advertisement which every Lexus dealer has to charge and whatever else might have been added. I was assured that what he was showing me was there real invoice price . So I guess you are right they might be lying but perhaps they are not and I had no hard evidence to call him a liar so I worked with what I had.
Old 04-03-08 | 01:40 PM
Gibster
Driver

Originally Posted by ZIN
Are they illegal in Il.? I do have a dr. script for them actually if that helps..lol
I have MS and if I had a script I could go one shade darker legally in Wi. anyway so just wondering cuz I do drive in Il.
The medical exclusion to allow tinted drivers, passenger, and windshields expired as of January 1, 2008. Previously a doctors certification was allowed.

Edit - Correction. The exclusion has been extended through January 1, 2014.
Old 04-03-08 | 03:34 PM
hamop
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ZIN
Are they illegal in Il.? I do have a dr. script for them actually if that helps..lol
I have MS and if I had a script I could go one shade darker legally in Wi. anyway so just wondering cuz I do drive in Il.
-
ZIN, I don't know about that. You'd better check the IL Motor Veh. Code...it's on the web. Also, you can email a state trooper directly (very nice): Randy_L._Ness@isp.state.il.us

Good luck, hamop
Old 04-04-08 | 06:45 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ZIN
Well I went in with those same number but I was told thats not counting advertisement which every Lexus dealer has to charge and whatever else might have been added. I was assured that what he was showing me was there real invoice price . So I guess you are right they might be lying but perhaps they are not and I had no hard evidence to call him a liar so I worked with what I had.
Zen, those numbers are real and the Lexus advertising fee is real. What they dont tell you about is the dealer holdback, which is a built in 2% profit. They also get quarterly bouns from Lexus if they sell a certain amount of cars. So, even if you buy the car at invoice, they are still making thousands off you.
Old 04-04-08 | 11:39 AM
Jimkerry
Driver School Candidate

Not saying the advertising fees are completely bogus, but they can almost always be negotiated out - especially in a buyer's market like today.
Old 04-04-08 | 12:07 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

You will find that most people cannot negotiated out the advertising fees, as it is a real cost to the dealer.
Old 04-04-08 | 03:04 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 100000

Originally Posted by ZIN
hmmm they may not be lying, but not really being truthful either. what they should have shown you was a printout with the MSRP and how much all options cost at retail level. the printout will show how much invoice is, and also how much they get if they sell the car at "invoice". remember, though that even selling at invoice they still keep the wholesale reserve, dealer holdback, advetising, etc and it should show whatever factory or manufacturer incentives are also being offered. In my experience, many dealers do not like to show the printout with the invoice info showing, they will usually show customers the printout with just the retail price and use that to bargain with them. This of course makes it possible for them to sell at invoice or a little bit over invoice and people still think they are getting a good deal and the salesperson still makes a good commission. Like the G man said, it is also possible for dealers to sell way below invoice thousands even and still make money since Lexus also pays them for volume sold. Again, a lot of this knowledge is something that dealers dont want you know about, the reason i know is because the fleet manager we usually buy from has always been honest and upfront about this and sells for whatever the market demand is.
Old 04-04-08 | 06:55 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gibster
The medical exclusion to allow tinted drivers, passenger, and windshields expired as of January 1, 2008. Previously a doctors certification was allowed.

Edit - Correction. The exclusion has been extended through January 1, 2014.
In Mexico, this has become quite a problem for foreigners, all with certain front plate laws (since some U.S. states don't have them). About a year ago, I helped a friend with a Rav4 get a constancia (or legal order so to speak) so the police could not stop them for the tint, which they also had for medical reasons. What ticked me off is that he shouldn't need it since he has California plates, but the local government officials promulgate laws here that often have unintended consequences, especially tint and certain other laws, that inevitablty affect foreigners.
Old 04-05-08 | 01:23 AM
erick3
Driver School Candidate

...son of a bi...MY SALES REP LIED TO ME?!?!?! man...I thought we had an "understanding". Pretty bummed out; and we thought we'd gotten a good deal...psh...500 bucks over invoice my BUTT!!!...sooo how much lower do you think we could've gotten?...how much profit did we give em'??!?!?!?!?! ugh...now i'm in a bad mood... haha but it's a good thing to know...but I wonder how much lower we could've gotten? we paid...41,632? something like that...maybe lower?

erc

Quick Reply: 2009 Rx 350 Just Purchased