RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Entertainment System for Rear Seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-08, 10:42 PM
Cephus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Entertainment System for Rear Seats

I was at an Lexus dealership just the other day and in order to get the DVD entertainment system, it has to come packaged with the Nav and the Mark Levinson audio system and that'd run up the bill another 5K. I'd mentioned to the dealer that it was an available option on the website, but he mentioned that has to be custom built and could take several months for delivery.

Who's a good third party vendor who could install a rear seat DVD system and what costs do they range from to have one custom installed?
Old 04-16-08, 08:54 AM
sama
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Cephus
I was at an Lexus dealership just the other day and in order to get the DVD entertainment system, it has to come packaged with the Nav and the Mark Levinson audio system and that'd run up the bill another 5K. I'd mentioned to the dealer that it was an available option on the website, but he mentioned that has to be custom built and could take several months for delivery.

Who's a good third party vendor who could install a rear seat DVD system and what costs do they range from to have one custom installed?
Have you tried Fry's electronics, they also have same day installation with good prices. After market DVD player's will be located behind the front seats.
Old 04-16-08, 06:42 PM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

don't have this but thinking about it. something to consider.

http://www.invisionindustries.com/s-...ucts.aspx#seat
Old 04-16-08, 09:07 PM
Cephus
Driver School Candidate

Cool, thanks for the links!

edit: I really like the options available from Invision but those have to be installed through car dealerships.

Last edited by Cephus; 04-16-08 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-17-08, 06:54 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

You should be about to buy a base RX and have your Lexus dealer or aftermarket dealer put in the headrest DVD players for about the same price as the factory one. We had ours done at the dealer for $2600 I believe. I actually like the headrest one better than the roof mount one. The roof mount one blocks the view of the rear view mirror.
Old 04-17-08, 07:51 AM
Gibster
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Vizualogic also offers headrest monitors / DVD systems.
Old 04-17-08, 05:04 PM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cephus
Cool, thanks for the links!

edit: I really like the options available from Invision but those have to be installed through car dealerships.

for me the dealer install wouldn't be a deal breaker. no doubt cost a few more bucks but would expect them to do a clean crisp job. i know others here think dealers are thieves and idiots. i've had good experience with my dealer and would want it done right so will go there if i pull the trigger. i'm a buy and hold customer and will have the car for awhile so i'd want it done well. no doubt a good 3rd party installer could do it, i just don't know of one that i'm confident with.
Old 04-18-08, 08:03 AM
IwillNFAMD
Driver School Candidate

Default DVD entertainment in back seats

Well, we all want to have a wonderful astheticlly pleasing vehicle and children which sit still for long periods of time with the help of visual stimuli. In doing so, you can spent thousands of dollars installing these headrest dvd players and ceiling mounted players but I thought about it long and hard. Being a two child household with one 3 year old and a new born.

There are instances when at home we have difficulties keeping Mary Poppins off my television and what better way to resolve this then a multi purpose dvd entertainment system. As of presently, my little one has her own viewing machiene where ever we go, be it, airplane trips, long on the road trips or just to watch something at home with her earphones on.

I had recently looked extensively and found a Panasonic DVD system with excellent battery life. I recently utilized it via DC connetion to JFK from WV and then in the airport, on the airplane, and then in Norway. I do belive the attachement for the back of the head rest is easily removable to keep the asthetics as is and easily movable for that never resting dvd child and family.

BTW, Bought at Best Buy and got a great Deal.