RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

rear entertainment not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-08, 05:01 PM
tlpelmo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear entertainment not working

just purchased a 2008 rx350 and i can not get the rear unit to work the front works find but when i put the dvd in the back unit it will not come on have used dvd cleaner still did not work am i missing something or what do i need to do to get it going remote works keeps reading error 1 thanks for your help
Old 05-22-08, 03:13 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome to CL, tipelmo!

I'd go back to the dealer with the problem. You're under warranty and tinkering with it could cause further problems.
Old 05-22-08, 10:11 PM
tlpelmo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lil4X
Welcome to CL, tipelmo!

I'd go back to the dealer with the problem. You're under warranty and tinkering with it could cause further problems.
i will do that but i live 100 miles from one so i thought if someone new if there was something that i could do my self thats all. i bought it niw and it did not come with an owners manual thanks
Old 05-22-08, 11:52 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Now this is going to sound like a stupid question, but bear with me. Did you put the disc in rightside up?

The reason I ask is that I was calling on an old friend yesterday and I gave him my business card that is a 50Mb CD with a 2.5 minute video demo on it. Now this guy introduced me to PC's over 15 years ago and owns a large software company. Suffice it to say he's forgotten more about PC's than I'll ever know. When he couldn't make the card play in his big laptop, he handed it to his partner who took it to an adjoining office to see if it would play elsewhere - while he tried again with the card I'd given the partner.

When the second card failed to play, I stood up as he opened the CD tray to discover the problem. Despite one side of the card looking like a business card and the other showing the obvious silver ring where the data is stored, this long-time computer expert had put the card in upside down - twice. His partner walked back into the room saying it worked fine in his computer, and noticed it too - the poor guy may never hear the end of it. Yes, I guess we are all subject to brain fade - I can't tell you the number of "coasters" I've burned in the last five years - probably 50-75 or more - by trying to burn the wrong side or putting the label over the data.

Just in case . . . the label should go against the ceiling in your RSES!
Old 05-23-08, 09:57 AM
tlpelmo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lil4X
Now this is going to sound like a stupid question, but bear with me. Did you put the disc in rightside up?

The reason I ask is that I was calling on an old friend yesterday and I gave him my business card that is a 50Mb CD with a 2.5 minute video demo on it. Now this guy introduced me to PC's over 15 years ago and owns a large software company. Suffice it to say he's forgotten more about PC's than I'll ever know. When he couldn't make the card play in his big laptop, he handed it to his partner who took it to an adjoining office to see if it would play elsewhere - while he tried again with the card I'd given the partner.

When the second card failed to play, I stood up as he opened the CD tray to discover the problem. Despite one side of the card looking like a business card and the other showing the obvious silver ring where the data is stored, this long-time computer expert had put the card in upside down - twice. His partner walked back into the room saying it worked fine in his computer, and noticed it too - the poor guy may never hear the end of it. Yes, I guess we are all subject to brain fade - I can't tell you the number of "coasters" I've burned in the last five years - probably 50-75 or more - by trying to burn the wrong side or putting the label over the data.

Just in case . . . the label should go against the ceiling in your RSES!
i have tryed it both ways and it did not make a difference but i understand that it could happen but thanks for the info