RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Vaistech SL2i and 2008 RX350

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-08, 09:25 AM
javanutsy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vaistech SL2i and 2008 RX350

Hi,

I just installed the SL2i yesterday into a 2008 RX350 with Nav no ML, and am quite happy with the functionality. Followed the awesome DIY by lexuslover...

Anyway, I have it in MP3-CD emulation, and can get all the information in the Nav display, but I was wondering if I can get any info to display in the radio LCD panel as well? I like to drive with the map on, but also be able to glance down to see some information other then disc and track number.

BTW, I am able to get the "I Agree" bypass to work, so that is an added bonus!

Thanks!
Old 06-01-08, 07:16 AM
Who_Me
Rookie

Default "I Agree" bypass

Originally Posted by javanutsy
Hi,

BTW, I am able to get the "I Agree" bypass to work, so that is an added bonus!

Thanks!
How did you bypass the "I Agree" on your NAV system? That is the most annoying thing I have ever seen. I did a search in the Forum and got back hundreds of "hits." Far too many to wade through.
Old 06-02-08, 04:16 AM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bypassing the I Agree is part of the Vais functionality for some years/models. Check the Vais install site for compatibility.
Old 06-02-08, 04:32 AM
Who_Me
Rookie

Default I Agree

Originally Posted by ecount00
bypassing the I Agree is part of the Vais functionality for some years/models. Check the Vais install site for compatibility.
Thanks for the response. I was hoping for a software fix, such as the magic push of the right combo of buttons. The Vais isn't something that really appeals to me...I can't picture myself watching Rambo XXIV or music video on my Nav display, at 75mph. Besides, it seems like a hassle to install for us mechanically challenged types.
Old 06-02-08, 03:33 PM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

understood. there is no secret button/touchscreen sequence to undo the agree for older models. lexus took it away for newer models. as you know vais can be used for an integrated ipod adapter (music) with the factory stereo even if you don't use the video version. you do have to pull the stereo head which is a chore for sure.
Old 06-03-08, 10:40 AM
javanutsy
Rookie

I've switched to CD emulation, and now have the text in the LCD screen only instead of the Nav only. I like it better this way, so that I can keep the nav screen on the map... Only thing is, sometimes it would say no track info, when I know there is track info...

I had to pull the stereo, but with the perfect instructions from lexuslover, the installation took only about 1/2 hour.
Old 06-04-08, 07:40 AM
SCRXOwner
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Who_Me
Thanks for the response. I was hoping for a software fix, such as the magic push of the right combo of buttons. The Vais isn't something that really appeals to me...I can't picture myself watching Rambo XXIV or music video on my Nav display, at 75mph. Besides, it seems like a hassle to install for us mechanically challenged types.
I did not realize I was so far behind on my Rambo movies. I thought I was only missing Rambo. I will make a quick trip to BlockBuster to get caught up.

Old 06-07-08, 03:22 PM
javanutsy
Rookie

OK, even though I had my doubts the problem lies with my ipod, I've reset it several times, and the results are the same. I've even went to the trouble of ensuring all playlists have max 99 songs... still same.

Title displays for the first song, but when the next song comes, "No Title" is displayed. Cycling through AM, FM1,... by pressing the mode button, back to CD2, and the title displays correctly (same song that displayed "No Title".)

For the record, my ipod works perfectly in my other car (04 BMW 330 with DICE ipod integration.)

I think I'm going to give up CD emulation and go back to CD MP3 integration. Unless somebody has another idea I can try out...
Old 07-22-08, 04:06 PM
javanutsy
Rookie

I gave MD emulation a try, and it works! I can get track info in the radio LCD consistently. No info in the Nav screen, but I prefer to have it on the radio LCD. CD emulation does not display track info consistently for some reason...
Old 07-22-08, 06:34 PM
mihink
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by javanutsy
I gave MD emulation a try, and it works! I can get track info in the radio LCD consistently. No info in the Nav screen, but I prefer to have it on the radio LCD. CD emulation does not display track info consistently for some reason...
Hi there..I had my local stereo shop install the Vaistech but he put it in CD changer mode, so I can't see the song title/artist on the radio display, only on the Nav screen. How do you change modes? Can I do this myself, are there any buttons on the Vaistech unit itself to allow this? Let me know...thanks in advance
Old 07-22-08, 11:12 PM
javanutsy
Rookie

If you can see the info on the Nav screen and not in the radio LCD, then you are probably in CD MP3 emulation. I think most people like this mode, because you can use the touch screen to change playlists, etc.

However, I like to leave the screen displaying the map while driving, so prefer to have the track info display in the radio LCD, even though you lose some functionality. (I don't think I can see artist info, only track and playlist names.)

Mode changes are accomplished through dip switches. I can list out the steps if you still want to know...

Originally Posted by mihink
Hi there..I had my local stereo shop install the Vaistech but he put it in CD changer mode, so I can't see the song title/artist on the radio display, only on the Nav screen. How do you change modes? Can I do this myself, are there any buttons on the Vaistech unit itself to allow this? Let me know...thanks in advance