RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Big clean-up - some nice pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-08, 08:52 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 107 Likes on 72 Posts

I had a 92 Ford Explorer that I bought new and I replaced it with my current 2008 RX350 which I purchased back in February of this year. Anyway, I knew the dealer would not give me much on a trade in so I decided to clean up my Ford and sell it my self (which the first person that answered my add bought it). I decided to do a good job on the Ford and my other vehicles I would purchase a Porter Cable orbital buffer. It is a great tool and with Mequires clay bar, polish and wax I turned out a few good jobs.

I will in the near future provide pics with a step by step "how to" when I wax my RX.
Old 06-18-08, 04:54 PM
grouch
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great.
Lexus dose not use the multi stage paint on their black cars just because people like you who will make them look better than any clear coat could.
Old 06-23-08, 08:08 AM
Bowlth
Driver School Candidate

Where do you get this wax/polish product you've recommended?
Old 06-23-08, 03:19 PM
Tom H
Rookie

Originally Posted by Bowlth
Where do you get this wax/polish product you've recommended?
Do a Google search for Zaino. Their website explains the products and application technics. These are excellent products. I first used them about seven years ago and haven't looked back at carnuba based waxes. The Porter Cable 7424 Orbital Buffer, as well as the proper buffing pads, can be purchased at any of the standard automotive sites such as autopia or classic motoring accessories. This is an excellent tool regardless of your choice of finish.
Old 06-23-08, 05:54 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 107 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom H
.. The Porter Cable 7424 Orbital Buffer, as well as the proper buffing pads, can be purchased at any of the standard automotive sites such as autopia or classic motoring accessories. This is an excellent tool regardless of your choice of finish.
X2
Old 06-26-08, 04:45 PM
Mister T
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice RX!

Love how black shines after a good wax job.

I rarely ever see a RX with rims around these parts.
Old 06-27-08, 09:58 AM
thenwhat
Driver School Candidate

Shine and Bling, Very nice color and excellent job done.

Can't wait to read your step by step guild on cleaning and waxing on the RX because I want to try it on mine too..
Old 06-27-08, 11:09 AM
ZIN
Driver

Zaino is a great product and your vehicle looks great but I need to ask did the Zaino polish get rid of all your swirls because with black I know they were there. Not much looks better than black polished but I know I need to use a fairly aggressive polish and pad first then go over with a final polish and finishing pad for a second polish so I am just wondering what you think and how the Zaino did at getting ALL the swirls and scratches out?
Old 07-15-08, 08:52 PM
yvesatl
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, I got rid of ALL the swirls.
I used following technique : Zaino EFX (paint restorer & swirl remover) applied with a rather agressive yellow pad.
Came out like new. Actually better than when we took delivery

Did the same on the Porsche this weekend. OMG !

Originally Posted by ZIN
Zaino is a great product and your vehicle looks great but I need to ask did the Zaino polish get rid of all your swirls because with black I know they were there. Not much looks better than black polished but I know I need to use a fairly aggressive polish and pad first then go over with a final polish and finishing pad for a second polish so I am just wondering what you think and how the Zaino did at getting ALL the swirls and scratches out?
Attached Thumbnails Big clean-up  - some nice pics-porsche-tt-july-2008-04.jpg  
Old 07-16-08, 07:01 AM
ZIN
Driver

Just a note for next time/..... Yellow pads are the most aggressive pads so using a finishing polish with a finishing pad after your yellow pad would give you an even more glass like paint finish. If you keep on the finish you will never need to use a yellow pad again anyway but I just thought I would let you know.
Car looks great.
Menzerna makes unbelievable polishes also that can be topped with Zaino.