RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

AC Light Flashes big puddles?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-08, 06:09 PM
triplecore
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question AC Light Flashes big puddles?

I always leave my car in Auto with AC on and Recirculate in the position where it does not suck air from the outside.

Recently the North East has been hit by some fast hard down poor. I noticed that when I drive my 2004 RX through big puddles not purposely, but at night it can be hard to see them. The Auto seems to go out and the AC light starts to flash. It only happens when going through big puddles. You can feel the AC quiting as the air blows humid all of sudden. But click Auto and the AC kicks back in. You may have to click Auto maybe twice, but it takes never than a few seconds to get it all back to normal. Does anyone know what causes this?

I don't think its a problem, but more of my bad driving. Its interesting to known what causes this.
Old 07-01-08, 06:15 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

we have discussed this in the past and how it is a safety mechanism that prevents water from being blown into the air con and vents. i remember you saying you have no nav, but to those who do, the aircon off sign comes on.

this has only happened to me once, but it is rather interesting.
Old 07-01-08, 07:05 PM
triplecore
Lead Lap

Smile

Originally Posted by RXSF
we have discussed this in the past and how it is a safety mechanism that prevents water from being blown into the air con and vents. i remember you saying you have no nav, but to those who do, the aircon off sign comes on.

this has only happened to me once, but it is rather interesting.
Sorry I will search harder next time, but thanks anyways.
Old 07-01-08, 07:13 PM
iKon_RX
Pole Position

yup that happened to me last week.
Old 07-01-08, 10:43 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

lol while i typed it, i was wondering if the tone was incorrect.

i did not mean it to be like "try searching before asking" but added it so it seemed like "a lot of people dont know what it means"
Old 07-02-08, 05:42 AM
Grumpa72
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by integra144
I always leave my car in Auto with AC on and Recirculate in the position where it does not suck air from the outside...

You leave your a/c in the Recirc position 100% of the time? Doesn't your interior get stuffy and overly damp? In all my years of driving and in all the owner's manuals that I remember reading, the Recirc position was to used only in extremely hot or cold environments until the car interior was at the proper temperature, at which time you switch to fresh air. By leaving it in the Recirc versus fresh air position, you are recirculating the stale interior air and have no exit for all that moisture from our breath. Do what you want but I bet there is a comment or two in the manual on this.

Just pontificating!
Old 07-02-08, 04:09 PM
triplecore
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Grumpa72
You leave your a/c in the Recirc position 100% of the time? Doesn't your interior get stuffy and overly damp? In all my years of driving and in all the owner's manuals that I remember reading, the Recirc position was to used only in extremely hot or cold environments until the car interior was at the proper temperature, at which time you switch to fresh air. By leaving it in the Recirc versus fresh air position, you are recirculating the stale interior air and have no exit for all that moisture from our breath. Do what you want but I bet there is a comment or two in the manual on this.

Just pontificating!
I am trying to grow mold in my car so I can sell "Yogurt with Lexus on the Bottom" to help pay for gas!!! I never thought of that way, I think I am going switch between the two modes. Depending I am in the city or suburbs. Hopefully its better than City air
Old 07-02-08, 04:11 PM
triplecore
Lead Lap

Talking

Originally Posted by RXSF
lol while i typed it, i was wondering if the tone was incorrect.

i did not mean it to be like "try searching before asking" but added it so it seemed like "a lot of people dont know what it means"
np no hard feelings. Thats the problem with the Internet you can't really tell how one is expressing themselves; unless they use CAPSLOCK!!!