RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

cluster of indicator lights keep lighting up when driving

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-08, 08:26 AM
Bobcuse44
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cluster of indicator lights keep lighting up when driving

Every so often when I glance down at the instrument panel on the right side, all of the indicatoir lights will be on: ABS, BRAKE,VCS,TRAC OFF, SLIP, WASHER FLUID, AND LOW TIRE PRESSURE. If I turn off the engine and restart it, they all appear for a few seconds and then go off as they normally do. They may not repeat this for hours or even days, and I forget about it. Then it will happen again. This started a few months ago, but seems to be happening more frequently lately. Any ideas?
Old 09-28-08, 07:38 AM
Who_Me
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange

Originally Posted by Bobcuse44
Every so often when I glance down at the instrument panel on the right side, all of the indicatoir lights will be on: ABS, BRAKE,VCS,TRAC OFF, SLIP, WASHER FLUID, AND LOW TIRE PRESSURE. If I turn off the engine and restart it, they all appear for a few seconds and then go off as they normally do. They may not repeat this for hours or even days, and I forget about it. Then it will happen again. This started a few months ago, but seems to be happening more frequently lately. Any ideas?
If it was MS Windows, they would tell you that it was a "Program Feature...blah, blah, blah." However, when this happens with a car, something is obviously wrong. I think it would be important for the mechanic to know if this happens at night or during the day because of the light switch pulling amps on the circuit. Even the temp might be an issue because of the load from the AC. I would try to give them a good picture of the operating environment when this anomaly occurs. I would have it looked at ASAP before you have a complete power failure while driving (really scary at night) or an electrical fire.
Old 09-28-08, 08:46 AM
CEOEngr
Intermediate

This exact same scenario has just started to happen about four times (last three weeks) in my spouse's 07 RX350 AWD with 45,000 miles. It is very random and erratic.

The car is scheduled for service this Monday; will keep you posted as to what the dealership does.
Old 09-28-08, 01:13 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

see if any codes are logged in the car. usually, this may hint at a bigger problem. get it checked out asap
Old 09-29-08, 07:32 PM
CEOEngr
Intermediate

As mentioned earlier, we dropped of the car today for service. The dealer replaced the brake light switch. When we mentioned the problem, the SA knew exactly what we were talking about..... it seemed that he has seen quite a few of vehicles with this issue.

The service order lists " T1-72 & T2-71". Does this denote TSIB?
Old 10-02-08, 06:07 AM
Bobcuse44
Driver School Candidate

It hasn't reocurred for a couple of days, but I have an appointment tomorrow to have it checked out. Thx CEO ENGR for your info. I'll update Monday.
Old 10-02-08, 11:14 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobcuse44
It hasn't reocurred for a couple of days, but I have an appointment tomorrow to have it checked out. Thx CEO ENGR for your info. I'll update Monday.
I wish you luck Bob, intermittent problems such as yours are going to be hard to duplicate.Don`t let them off easy.
Old 10-03-08, 11:28 AM
lebahawk
Driver School Candidate

Lightbulb Re:

I have experienced the same issue with my 2004 RX330 AWD and I took it in to the dealership and they found out to be a "Brake Switch" located near the brake pedal area. The cost to have that replaced was $150 I hope this will help you with your diagnostics.
Old 10-04-08, 07:37 AM
Bobcuse44
Driver School Candidate

It was the same switch as CEO ENGR and lebahawk...the "brake light switch" assy. Thx for your help guys. But as usual, the dealer ripped me.... $221 + tax!
Old 10-04-08, 09:38 AM
salimshah

Received 1,050 Likes on 948 Posts

What about the center display? Does that dim out when all the warning lights come on?

Salim
Old 10-04-08, 10:08 AM
CEOEngr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by salimshah
What about the center display? Does that dim out when all the warning lights come on?

Salim
It didn't dim at all or atleast not noticeable enough. But please note that it happened during our day time drivings.

Also, for us it was a repair under warranty.
Old 10-04-08, 10:14 AM
salimshah

Received 1,050 Likes on 948 Posts

Recently I was running on battery power only [no alternator]. As the 12v from battery started to fall over time, I got to a point when all the waning lights came on [all sensors were putting out voltage in warning zone], but then the battery voltage drooped so low as to turn off the center display.

Salim
Old 10-05-08, 04:56 AM
Bobcuse44
Driver School Candidate

No impact on center display for my problem.
Old 10-06-08, 02:53 PM
lebahawk
Driver School Candidate

Default Re:

In my case it happened twice like two days appart happened during night time and the second time was during day light. Did not notice any changes in the center console lights.
Old 11-04-08, 10:21 AM
sup_lexio
Driver School Candidate

I have the same problem with this lights my question is to any of you guys . After the brake light switch was replaced what happen the problem persist or was resolved

Quick Reply: cluster of indicator lights keep lighting up when driving